Poll: Next Manly Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Next Manly Coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The Sea Eagles have already begun lining up potential replacements for Barrett — assistant coach John Cartwright is the early frontrunner" this is when I walk away from Manly and Rugby League.
Our club outlives every one . Including Cartwright .

Do we really think changing a coach will turn around the fortunes of this club?
We already have one Moses in the group and even he can't perform miracles.

The right coach can rebuild our club . I believe that . I have seen that in all codes of sport and in all sorts of challenges that their club was facing
The Great coaches call it flying under the radar , The has beens call it quits .
There are many real life sporting stories of overcoming adversity . A inspirational , creative and tenacious coach is a force to be reckoned with .

The Great coach of the Great Britain Rugby League team from 1940 to 1945

Churchill.jpg

No, tell change the direction of the club, and the mental toughness. For the better if a good coach, otherwise if someone like Henry or Cartwright we just continue declining at a steady, if not faster rate

What do they see in Henry that none of us do? Or is he just cheap?
Michael Mcguire is not an idiot. Canterbury wanted him, had big $$$ to splurge and first class facilities and he turned them down because he took one look at their cap. He knows he doesn't have to take the first job offered to him. He doesn't want to come to Manly because a better opportunity will no doubt present itself eventually.

On the flip side, Henry is the type of coach that probably does need to take any opportunity he can get...that's all Manly can hope to get in their current predicament; a coach that is either down on his luck and looking for one last opportunity (what have they got to lose?) or a rookie. As Penn has said, they can't risk a rookie.

Of all the dud coaches waiting for another crack after failing elsewhere, Henry is probably the best of a bad bunch. He is a better coach than Cartwright, put it that way. Hasler and Toovey are on the nose with the Penn's so that rules them out.

I know Thurston liked Henry and he did play outstanding football under him. The other thing is the Cowboys were in position to win a comp a couple of times under Henry but they got shafted by the referees and that can be the difference sometimes. You need a slice of luck, such is the closeness of the competition. Henry could well have won the year that Green did; he set those wheels in motion.

He failed at the Titans because the roster was diabolical and he was forced to negotiate contracts with players which put him in a precarious position. Many players saw him as the enemy because he had to do so much of the dirty work.

Argh feck it! I'll coach the bastards. I'll coach 'em good too!!

I have demands however. I'll need @Woodsie , @Harvies elbow , @globaleagle , @Moondog , @HoldenV8 and @Shoe1 as assistants. (more to be added as the year goes on) OR, I'll bloody quit! I'm warning ya's now...don't test me, Penn!!!

@nightster , you will be my recreation coach. I said mine...stuff the team!!

Bring on 2019!!!

Leave the keys to your office on your desk, Trent. I'll be down after Chrissy. No...not the office trainee. Just quitely........does Chrissy still work there????

Doesn't matter! Here's up ya's in the new year!!!

I have demands however. I'll need @Woodsie , @Harvies elbow , @globaleagle , @Moondog , @HoldenV8 and @Shoe1 as assistants. (more to be added as the year goes on) OR, I'll bloody quit! I'm warning ya's now...don't test me, Penn!!!

Bring on 2019!!!

Leave the keys to your office on your desk, Trent. I'll be down after Chrissy. No...not the office trainee. Just quitely........does Chrissy still work there????

Moz may I suggest @yokahontas as weights and wresting coach.
She'll put some fight in em that's for sure.
And keep the rest of us in line...

Bring on 2019!!!

Righto then, lets do this thing.

OK, first thing we need to work on team fitness. That fraud Ferris has done nothing for this team, or any other team he's worked for. We need someone who knows that they're doing. Matty Ballin should do quite nicely.

Then we need to work on our structures in both attack and defence because currently they border on woeful, especially in defence. Then we need to work on a game plan and a backup plan because Manly doesn't currently have either.

And that's just the start.

Moz may I suggest @yokahontas as weights and wresting coach.
She'll put some fight in em that's for sure.
And keep the rest of us in line...

Good idea, mate. She's in!! I'm planning on shifting more games to Gladstone, so we could use some muscle!

And believe me....we'll be using some muscle!! EH, eh?? Yeah...you know what I'm talkin' about....

Gladstone yo!!

Righto then, lets do this thing.

OK, first thing we need to work on team fitness. That fraud Ferris has done nothing for this team, or any other team he's worked for. We need someone who knows that they're doing. Matty Ballin should do quite nicely.

Then we need to work on our structures in both attack and defence because currently they border on woeful, especially in defence. Then we need to work on a game plan and a backup plan because Manly doesn't currently have either.

And that's just the start.

I like your thinking! Just remember.....all credit stops with me, right? So no stuff ups!!

Good idea, mate. She's in!! I'm planning on shifting more games to Gladstone, so we could use some muscle!

And believe me....we'll be using some muscle!! EH, eh?? Yeah...you know what I'm talkin' about....

Gladstone yo!!
You'll get no argument from me there Moz.
Bring it...

There are three things I will never stand for..

1. Threats.
2. Mutiny.
3. Diarrhoea.

If you want out...leave. But I'm keeping your pay!

1 - I don't threat, I promise.
2 - I don't mutiny, I just take over.
3 - Clean that $hit up.

I don't want out, I just want credit and I don't mean at the local deli when I get a pack of 25s.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8