Poll: Can the Sea Eagles win the 2021 Premiership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Can the Sea Eagles win the 2021 Premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters

40 nil

It's only a game ...
I know there have been other threads on this theme since our loss to the Storm. However, I thought it would be interesting to poll our current level of faith in the team. Hopefully, this poll will remain active till the evening of Sunday 3rd October @:) If you vote one way now, please feel free to change your vote later on.

Even though we were woeful against the Storm, I am still hopeful we can move forward in this competition. We have not played well since beating the Eels in Rd 22. After that, we had a scrappy win over the Raiders and very untidy wins against the Dogs & Cowboys. In these games we let in many soft tries and our attacking shape fell away. With such a lead in, it was really too much to expect a form reversal in a final against the methodical & relentless Storm. Our inexperience showed with early errors and lack of composure setting the tone for the whole game. Each time there was a little spark in our game, we made another error.

I suspect we have reached our lowest ebb. If we can regroup and play traditional finals football based on tight defence, metres up the middle and an astute kicking game, we can beat the Roosters. If we out muscle their powerful forward pack, our playmakers can set up tries. I am confident we can win a tight game on Friday night. If this happens, self belief will return & the team will have confidence to move forward.

Of course, the two champion fullbacks will have a big say in proceedings. Bring on the Teddy & Turbo show!

Sure we can win it but realistically I don't think we can.
We are on the so-called easy side of the draw and I'm expecting Melbourne and Souths to play in the grand final.

Make the grand final and Des can pull off a miracle by winning it but so many things need to go our way.

Doing a similar thread for Manly v Roosters could be a good idea @40 nil . I have voted yes to this, but that's based more on emotion and passion than anything else. If we get over the Roosters, I think that the numbers on this poll would change dramatically from what we are seeing right now (50%/50%)

Doing a similar thread for Manly v Roosters could be a good idea @40 nil . I have voted yes to this, but that's based more on emotion and passion than anything else. If we get over the Roosters, I think that the numbers on this poll would change dramatically from what we are seeing right now (50%/50%)
Okay, I may look at creating a different multiple options poll (not sure how to do it, though).

As you say, the numbers for this poll would change dramatically if we beat the Roosters. They would continue to change the longer we remain in the comp. Understandably, confidence in the team plummeted after the last game.

We can, but our game would need to improve tenfold. Which I’m not sure it can in such a short timeframe. We were the only team that didn’t turn up to play finals footy.

Has a team ever conceded 40pts in a finals match and still gone on to win the premiership?

We can, but our game would need to improve tenfold. Which I’m not sure it can in such a short timeframe. We were the only team that didn’t turn up to play finals footy.
It really depends on how we can turn things around this weekend. It is always a match by match proposition. To be able to win any match, the players have to believe it is possible.

Has a team ever conceded 40pts in a finals match and still gone on to win the premiership?
Fairly certain the answer is no.

While we are still alive we are still a chance, its one week at a time now and I will be very happy to see us end the Rorters 2021 campaign.

Our only chance is we beat Rorters and Vermin, the Panfers beat the Storm. We could possibly beat them...but we will not beat the Drizzle.
If the Panthers make it past the eels, Penrith will know in their heads that their GF will come one week early. This game will be one knock em down last man standing stuff which could only benefit us. But for this to happen we need to put the struggling heroic chookies out of their misery, and this we will do.

If we go back to the structure, game plan, and confidence we were playing with when we pumped Parra and the games before, then we are a hot chance. If we keep up with this clunky, predictable one-out footy attacking style with soft defence that we've been doing for the last few weeks and finally got exposed by Melbourne for it, then it will be very hard for us.

$1.31 to win this week.
$2.75 to win this week and next week.
$8 to win all three and bring it home.

Bueller. Bueller. Bueller. Anybody ?

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4