Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they are bigots - what else would you call a person who makes it clear they discriminate against another person's way of life or sexuality or any other reason?

100% ... exactly like you have made it clear that you discriminate against them for their way of life .. the irony would be funny if not so tragic ...

You're putting words into my mouth now - you seem to have your dander up & appear to be quite excited.

Sorry, if you read it that way .... wasn't intended to convey that you personally said them ... it was a recap of some of the things said about them by posters
This is the issue that needs to be resolved - the gap that needs to be closed - instead of pointless theoretical arguments over semantics.

As long as you think our Freedoms and Democracy are simple theoretical arguments over semantics ... I fear for the future of the Western world ....

The one before Fainu was found guilty, you mean?

There is a difference.

Pretty sure Aloaai was too ...but doesn't matter ... Josh is training to be a pastor, and tending to the flock is one of those responsibilities .... and even criminals are allowed pastoral comfort ... there is no suggestion Josh approves of criminal behavour ....

Or are you suggesting that Josh approves of people be stabbed ??? ... you can't have lost all reason with your hatred .... surely ...

Only took 2 hours for the jury to find him guilty in a unanimous verdict.

That was posted 4 hours ago, so after the verdict was handed down.

The one before Fainu was found guilty, you mean?

There is a difference.
The pic with Josh A was taken before the verdict, It did the rounds on Tuesday or Wednesday and was definitely not taken after the verdict

I didn't suggest it was taken after the verdict.

I just said it was posted 4 hours ago, so after the verdict was given yesterday.
Fair enough but it was posted before the verdict as well so may have been re posted again.
Just clearing that up is all.

100% ... exactly like you have made it clear that you discriminate against them for their way of life .. the irony would be funny if not so tragic ...
I think they're bigots because they discriminate against homosexuals.

I'm not discriminating against them for holding antiquated beliefs but I am free to think theyre ignorant & uneducated for holding them.

Stop putting words into my mouth.

I find it hard to condemn anyone who knows and believes Manase from giving support.
They obviously believe in him ( that he is innocent) the only villain in this is Manase if he is lying. Deep down Manase knows the truth.. there are plenty of innocent people who have been convicted before… I am not sure they would have made it if they did not have people in their corner that believed in them…. If Manase is lying to the people that support him he really has nothing at the end of the day….
Someone mentioned the George Pell case today. He was crucified by parts of the media before judgments were overturned he obviously had people in his corner that supported him.

I didn't suggest it was taken after the verdict.

I just said it was posted 4 hours ago, so after the verdict was given yesterday.
This.

Pretty sure Aloaai was too ...but doesn't matter ... Josh is training to be a pastor, and tending to the flock is one of those responsibilities .... and even criminals are allowed pastoral comfort ... there is no suggestion Josh approves of criminal behavour ....

Or are you suggesting that Josh approves of people be stabbed ??? ... you can't have lost all reason with your hatred .... surely ...

The pic with Josh A was taken before the verdict, It did the rounds on Tuesday or Wednesday and was definitely not taken after the verdict

I find it hard to condemn anyone who knows and believes Manase from giving support.
They obviously believe in him ( that he is innocent) the only villain in this is Manase if he is lying. Deep down Manase knows the truth.. there are plenty of innocent people who have been convicted before… I am not sure they would have made it if they did not have people in their corner that believed in them…. If Manase is lying to the people that support him he really has nothing at the end of the day….
Someone mentioned the George Pell case today. He was crucified by parts of the media before judgments were overturned he obviously had people in his corner that supported him.
Do you remember when Andrew Fifita showed support for that imprisoned king hit merchant by writing his name on his wrist strapping?

Not a good look.

It's fine to support him but splashing it all over social media is only going to cause tension with the club & NRL.

Do you remember when Andrew Fifita showed support for that imprisoned king hit merchant by writing his name on his wrist strapping?

Not a good look.

It's fine to support him but splashing it all over social media is only going to cause tension with the club & NRL.
Yeah unless I knew Josh I would see no reason to look at his social media account unless I was digging. I am sure he used it in way to get a message to Manase and that friends and family should be viewing his posts..

I think in the case of Fifita he did this knowing that the person was guilty. This is very different

Yeah unless I knew Josh I would see no reason to look at his social media account unless I was digging. I am sure he used it in way to get a message to Manase and that friends and family should be viewing his posts..

I think in the case of Fifita he did this knowing that the person was guilty. This is very different
Well either Fainu can't see it because he doesn't have a phone in jail or if he does have a phone, Josh could have called or texted him to show his support. Likewise with letting his family know.

Posting it on public social media is showing everyone else he supports a now-convicted criminal who is just as guilty as the bloke Fifita supported.

Well either Fainu can't see it because he doesn't have a phone in jail or if he does have a phone, Josh could have called or texted him to show his support. Likewise with letting his family know.

Posting it on public social media is showing everyone else he supports a now-convicted criminal who is just as guilty as the bloke Fifita supported.
Fair enough but I think social media is for friends and family not the general public. I would personally never look at a players posts unless I knew them… Josh did not invent social media…

Fair enough but I think social media is for friends and family not the general public. I would personally never look at a players posts unless I knew them… Josh did not invent social media…
Well that's neither here nor there really.

The fact is social media exists & people other than friends & family follow people who post on these platforms & JA is posting pictures like that AFTER Fainu was found guilty.

I wonder if the club know & how they feel about it?

Tony Williams & Krisnan Inu posted support for Hayne after he was found guilty & even questioned the victim's credibility, which resulted in (I think) both of them losing contracts with the New York rugby league start up club.

So there are consequences to posting on social media & I'm sure all players are educated on them, so JA knows what he's doing.

Well that's neither here nor there really.

The fact is social media exists & people other than friends & family follow people who post on these platforms & JA is posting pictures like that AFTER Fainu was found guilty.

I wonder if the club know & how they feel about it?

Tony Williams & Krisnan Inu posted support for Hayne after he was found guilty & even questioned the victim's credibility, which resulted in (I think) both of them losing contracts with the New York rugby league start up club.

So there are consequences to posting on social media & I'm sure all players are educated on them, so JA knows what he's doing.
It’s a hard one @47MVEagle I mean finding the balance of liberty vs outright big brother control.

I think questioning the credibility of a victim is different to saying you simply support someone…it does not have to imply that you are discrediting the system or anything like that. That’s why there is an appeal process..

The social media in question is Instagram.
Anyone can set their account to private so only friends and family see it.
Both Josh and Manase have chosen to make their accounts public.
Josh may not have invented social media, but they all know how to use it to present the intended message.
It's kinda cute that you're still of a world where you think it's prying/invasive/breaching privacy to look at what they're putting out there, but the world is not what you wish it to be.

The social media in question is Instagram.
Anyone can set their account to private so only friends and family see it.
Both Josh and Manase have chosen to make their accounts public.
Josh may not have invented social media, but they all know how to use it to present the intended message.
It's kinda cute that you're still of a world where you think it's prying/invasive/breaching privacy to look at what they're putting out there, but the world is not what you wish it to be.
I understand. I still would not look at peoples posts unless I know them but that’s just me! I am not that interested really…but each to their own. I still don’t think it is a crime to say you support someone that you believe in. I would have an issue if in doing so Josh or someone else made an effort to discredit victims and the system. And he’ll no! this is not derived from simply saying you believe in someone….which is the problem with this stuff..

I still don’t think it is a crime to say you support someone that you believe in. I would have an issue if in doing so Josh or someone else made an effort to discredit victims and the system.
I couldn't agree more. If I was accused of stabbing someone, I would absolutely hope that my friends would be there for me. At court, on the phone, at home. Anywhere. Because they all know I'd never do it unless I had a brain snap I never thought possible.
I would, however, insist they didn't take selfies with me at the courthouse because I'm a touch overweight at the moment and there'd be no way I'd be looking my best under such duress!

I couldn't agree more. If I was accused of stabbing someone, I would absolutely hope that my friends would be there for me. At court, on the phone, at home. Anywhere. Because they all know I'd never do it unless I had a brain snap I never thought possible.
I would, however, insist they didn't take selfies with me at the courthouse because I'm a touch overweight at the moment and there'd be no way I'd be looking my best under such duress!
Man good for you. I agree with your modes of communication but if I was in my early 20’s I suspect they would be different… who Am i to tell them…. In relation to the photo why don’t you just photoshop it I can’t imagine that would be such a crime these days.. my wife tells me alot of the women apparently do it. :)

You're putting words into my mouth now - you seem to have your dander up & appear to be quite excited.

I never called for them to be "stood down" or "farked off" or "refusing them employment" or "subjecting them to abuse".

I agree they are bigots - what else would you call a person who makes it clear they discriminate against another person's way of life or sexuality or any other reason?

This is the issue that needs to be resolved - the gap that needs to be closed - instead of pointless theoretical arguments over semantics.
It's usually your foot in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8