Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on mate, Biff has obvious mental health issues & went on rants against anyone he perceived as being against him.

You can't suggest SER8 has done anything wrong simply because they are one of the many people Biff went off at.
Hey mate as you know I respect your opinion what I am getting at is a little more nuanced than that.
Biff was a very very bad egg without anyones iinput from the forum but you can also handle people or more aptly rub people up in a certain way to extract more of the bad stuff or mitigate the bad stuff if handled right.. This is my opinion in regards to some of SER8 interactions on the forum. I am not insinuating SER8 has technically done anything wrong but I could imagine him antagonising an unreasonable person like Biff more than necessary being so righteous and high and mighty..Happy to agree to disagree. You can attract some things to yourself in this manner. I have seen evidence of this in my working life with workplace incident investigations etc. some people more informally call it poking the bear..

Last edited:
I could imagine him antagonising an unreasonable person like Biff more than necessary being so righteous and high and mighty
look let's say for arguments sake there may be a teeny weeny bit in what you say, yes on occasion I have little patience with what I see as ignorance, willful blindness or obstinate refusal to accept logic...
So - is it the word 'bigot' that you object to? Yes it has a judgmental connotation but its actually just a convenient noun with a specific meaning.
If you can suggest another word or phrase or something to describe the attitude of refusing to wear an inclusive jersey I'm happy to have another go using different words.

look let's say for arguments sake there may be a teeny weeny bit in what you say, yes on occasion I have little patience with what I see as ignorance, willful blindness or obstinate refusal to accept logic...
So - is it the word 'bigot' that you object to? Yes it has a judgmental connotation but its actually just a convenient noun with a specific meaning.
If you can suggest another word or phrase or something to describe the attitude of refusing to wear an inclusive jersey I'm happy to have another go using different words.
Hey SER8 I have said enough about my thoughts on how you roll on the forum. All the context is in the previous posts. It’s more than saying the word bigot and btw if you think it is just a convenient noun as you have said then I feel even more validated in what I have said over the last day or 2. Words like bigot are being used as weapons to marginalise peoples views and is exactly fighting a perceived intolerance with another type of intolerance. The word bigot is being used to similar effect as the word heretic was. I suspect you are smart enough to realise this anyway. If you are really interested in digging into my views which I suspect you are not!!!. just more interested in grandstanding!!! on the forum.. feel free to PM me but I will also suspect you have already elevated yourself in your mind above the “likes of Red Pill” … enjoy your day…

So.. I take it you can't think of another word or phrase? Or maybe you are just a bit too high and mighty to deign to discuss this here before the naked gaze of the unwashed masses?!!

Fyi I have previously referred to those players as the religious 7 (or 10), the devout 7, the rebels... The line you quoted and which seems to have prompted this mini-melee was a semi-serious one line comment directly following the comments of 2 others about which staff should be sacked. But you know that.

The actual meaning and intent of that one line comment (or 'rant', as the outraged and frightened woodsie called it) was that if we are (and we are) signing players and we know their religious or cultural background may be somehow incompatible with stated core beliefs of the NRL, surely this is something that should be discussed with those players at the time of signing. And going forward, surely in future will be?

Yes freedom of religion is a thing, but for decades, generations, certain religions have promoted discrimination and persecution of certain groups in society. Do you disagree? eg single mothers. Divorcees. Sex before marriage, contraception ... attitudes and religious dogma change over time. It was only in the 1980s that the catholic church lifted its prohibition on funerals for suicide victims!!!

Should religious attitudes be off limits for discussion? Should people be allowed to discriminate against others if their religion dictates? Are these not the questions currently facing Manly and the NRL?

How about ... personal choice ..

or .. basking in the glory of democracy and freedom of choice ...

and ... why are you calling it an inclusive jersey ... ? ... I doubt there is one sane person on the planet that believes the rainbow jersey was anything but a gay pride jersey .... Marketing dept. might be able to attempt to bull**** the poor dumb bigots ... but surely you are too bright to buy into that whitewashed spin ...

Hey mate as you know I respect your opinion what I am getting at is a little more nuanced than that.
Biff was a very very bad egg without anyones iinput from the forum but you can also handle people or more aptly rub people up in a certain way to extract more of the bad stuff or mitigate the bad stuff if handled right.. This is my opinion in regards to some of SER8 interactions on the forum. I am not insinuating SER8 has technically done anything wrong but I could imagine him antagonising an unreasonable person like Biff more than necessary being so righteous and high and mighty..Happy to agree to disagree. You can attract some things to yourself in this manner. I have seen evidence of this in my working life with workplace incident investigations etc. some people more informally call it poking the bear..
There are actually quite a number of people on this forum who went out of their way to bait Biff.
I am not defending him,but when some kids see an easy target they often can't help themselves if they believe it/they are funny or if they think others might.

Should religious attitudes be off limits for discussion? Should people be allowed to discriminate against others if their religion dictates? Are these not the questions currently facing Manly and the NRL?

No ... the NRL and Manly are sporting bodies ... not the elected house of Representatives .... good grief ... next you will want the Nrl to sent a mission to Gaza to sort out peace in the Middle East ..

I wonder where the 7 now stand regarding one of their church going brothers??

1660266934579.png

Beside him, according to Instagram.

They're welcome to do that, just as others are welcome to bask in the glory of democracy & freedom of choice in thinking they are bigots.

Consequences, remember?

Of course ... think what you like ... knock yourself out ...

But .... also to the glory of Democracy ... we have anti-discrimination laws .... and that means ..

Calls for them to be stood down .. excluded ..
Calls for them to be farked off ... excluded
Calling them bigots ...
Refusing them employment ...
subjecting them to abuse ...

Are all forms of the persecution and intolerance that you say you abhor ....

So.. I take it you can't think of another word or phrase? Or maybe you are just a bit too high and mighty to deign to discuss this here before the naked gaze of the unwashed masses?!!

Fyi I have previously referred to those players as the religious 7 (or 10), the devout 7, the rebels... The line you quoted and which seems to have prompted this mini-melee was a semi-serious one line comment directly following the comments of 2 others about which staff should be sacked. But you know that.

The actual meaning and intent of that one line comment (or 'rant', as the outraged and frightened woodsie called it) was that if we are (and we are) signing players and we know their religious or cultural background may be somehow incompatible with stated core beliefs of the NRL, surely this is something that should be discussed with those players at the time of signing. And going forward, surely in future will be?

Yes freedom of religion is a thing, but for decades, generations, certain religions have promoted discrimination and persecution of certain groups in society. Do you disagree? eg single mothers. Divorcees. Sex before marriage, contraception ... attitudes and religious dogma change over time. It was only in the 1980s that the catholic church lifted its prohibition on funerals for suicide victims!!!

Hey I am happy to take up your silly challenges but you are conflating your points etc as you usually do.
Because a player does not want to wear a certain jersey does not give the right for people like you to call them bigots as you have judgingly done. Not Wearing a jersey does not imply people don’t accept gay people it may mean they don’t want to celebrate it…. There is a difference. Acceptance is one thing but celebrating is another… people should have a right to choose.
Even people like Ian Roberts did not feel the need to go there ( labelling them as bigots as you did!!!
the jersey only has true value if people willingly wear it. Forcing it upon them is wrong and it does not help anyone….especially the people most in need…

Of course ... think what you like ... knock yourself out ...

But .... also to the glory of Democracy ... we have anti-discrimination laws .... and that means ..

Calls for them to be stood down .. excluded ..
Calls for them to be farked off ... excluded
Calling them bigots ...
Refusing them employment ...
subjecting them to abuse ...

Are all forms of the persecution and intolerance that you say you abhor ....
You're putting words into my mouth now - you seem to have your dander up & appear to be quite excited.

I never called for them to be "stood down" or "farked off" or "refusing them employment" or "subjecting them to abuse".

I agree they are bigots - what else would you call a person who makes it clear they discriminate against another person's way of life or sexuality or any other reason?

This is the issue that needs to be resolved - the gap that needs to be closed - instead of pointless theoretical arguments over semantics.

In the interests of balance ... can you also post a photo of Dessie walking up the court steps with Fainu whilst telling the reporter what a great bloke Manase is ....

You know the one .. the one that everybody praised Dessie for supporting his players ...
The one before Fainu was found guilty, you mean?

There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10