Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ****ing sad that a jersey designed to promote inclusiveness has had the exact opposite effect and that our "Everyone in League" jersey is now our "Everyone (Except These 7 Players) in League" jersey.

There is no togetherness in our club or, evidently, our playing group. What happened to playing for your mates? Is that not a thing if you have to do it while wearing a jersey with a rainbow on it?

Just another excuse to not turn up (literally, in this case) and lose.

Also, the NRL would have been desperate for something to take their own incompetence out of the headlines after the Cowboys/Tigers game. We have just given them the same "Get Out of Jail Free" card the Bunker gave the Cowboys.

Mate we get the point but sexuality, and acknowledging the systemic abuse of minorities within it who's historical mentalities have real world effects today is not a "left/right" issue.

Reality is today the rainbow flag and pride month is just a corporate exercise. I don't want to speak on behalf of an entire group however in my anecdotal experience people who identify as such generally are well aware of the hijacking for profit and subsequent weaponisation of a symbol which represented them.

These constant exploitations for economic gain has drawn the actual discriminated people criticism via association. Last I check it's not "the gays" shoving this **** down your throat, nor do they advocate for special treatment - the genuine sexual pride movement is fundamentally about freedom from discrimination and equality, not selling you crap.

So let's just see this for what it is, the new normal of every club releasing ridiculous amounts of themed "strips" to cash in on the obvious merchandise aspect. It's just this time there are people whose beliefs are seen as distasteful but otherwise are kept to themselves, then when unconsulted on the fact they'll be promoting sin thrown under the bus as symbolic heads of hate to appease merchant crisis' of all creed as there is always a good and bad party in every situation, never grey.

I will say as someone who thinks people feigning ignorance in 2022 or hiding behind ideologies to project hate under the cover of counter criticism due to religious respect on others are insufferable. Statistically I doubt there are 7 genuinely hateful people like that in the league, let alone our top 17. I'd have an ounce more respect for them if their beliefs included refusing to wear gambling, alcohol or other 'sinful' products.

The club caused this situation, initially for money. Not homosexuality, not the players and their beliefs, they did it for money with consideration of nothing else and the result is now clear. Depending on the real desired outcomes, the resulting PR has either been a spectacular win or loss depending on those definitely not sociopathic marketers in our society but that's just my unlikely conspiratorial speculation.

It sucks there's people who don't accept others on the basis of sexuality, but it sucks that simple (and I mean simple) footy players get dragged into such complex social and political issues the sport primarily exists to distract from.

What's done is done, just wear the ****ing jersey and take your pay. I didn't agree with Woolworths and their gambling empire which is ethically indefensible yet worked in a supermarket and didn't have the luxury to tell them I didn't want to. This is many things but the biggest is the fact it's a non issue.
I really appreciate your perspective here. Very well said! You are right it does go far beyond left and right and the club focus has certainly being really about money.

Imagine the uproar if a club was sponsored by a religious group and placing the crucifix on the Jersey for example, i wouldn't have an issue if players refused to play under that also from both sides of the fence.

Des is standing by the players, Good on him and good on the players for standing up for their beliefs

the club is to blame for this plain and simple
D299577D-E989-4904-969D-C9A6E5B72F9A.jpeg

Imagine the uproar if a club was sponsored by a religious group and placing the crucifix on the Jersey for example, i wouldn't have an issue if players refused to play under that also from both sides of the fence.
So to be clear we are saying sexuality is the same as religion? Both are choices?

I understand points around indoctrination however religion is a choice and we are comparing it to something that is not a choice? Also as we know Christians are a highly marginalised group....

Des is standing by the players, Good on him and good on the players for standing up for their beliefs

the club is to blame for this plain and simple
View attachment 21667

Agreed, the club needs better character assessments when signing players.

Signed these bigots, we’ve got a guy on charges for knifing a guy. Sign players with commitment, focused on results and winning games. Not guys willing to throw a season away because they hate gay people.

Because faith is a choice and sexuality is not?

I am not a religious person but what I believe separates myself from those who are is their choice to believe in a higher power etc. Sexuality is not a choice
I bet you take a day off on Easter Holiday

Signed these bigots, we’ve got a guy on charges for knifing a guy. Sign players with commitment, focused on results and winning games. Not guys willing to throw a season away because they hate gay people.
It's the modern day footballer - it is all about the me not the we...
You can bash your partner, drink drive, rape people and some other club will pick you up if you have talent... (not equating this 'moralistic' stand to any of those amoral actions btw)
These blokes think they are above the club because they know they will get a start elsewhere - hell Bennett would sign the lot right now...

Not one of your best ones, Volley. Are you stereotyping a racial group with ad hominem arguments?

Its not married at first sight..you sign players that are great rugby league players and are good human beings.

You can bash your partner, drink drive, rape people and some other club will pick you up if you have talent... (not equating this 'moralistic' stand to any of those amoral actions btw)
These blokes think they are above the club because they know they will get a start elsewhere - hell Bennett would sign the lot right now...
Oh dear you too, Frank. I've heard arguments at the pub like this about certain races.

So to be clear we are saying sexuality is the same as religion? Both are choices?

I understand points around indoctrination however religion is a choice and we are comparing it to something that is not a choice? Also as we know Christians are a highly marginalised group....
I was baptized against my will. I had no choice...so yeh..kinda the same

I have a real issue with some of these blokes from these South Pacific cultures. There parents and grand parents come here to Australia to give them a great life and the opportunities they get to earn good money playing league. They are born in australia which means their Australians their get their opportunity to be professional athletes because they grew up here but then they want to represent another country.

Time to get the fatigue back in to the game and weed out these fakes and bring back the small men like the indigenous fellas and the small kids that leave the game at junior level because of these clowns.

Could be some interesting viewing in coming weeks with a few of these 7 players,given the court case that kicked off today.I wonder if their beliefs will hold strong if a certain person is found guilty?

I was baptized against my will. I had no choice...so yeh..kinda the same
If you honestly think this is the same (and not a troll) then there is no point arguing the point with you

I used to think that Manly supporters were not silver tails but just better people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11