Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, we don't fight @byso too big a gorilla. Learnt my life lesson, it's pointless fighting, I loose every time, even when I'm right I lose - I'm married.

Looking forward to tonight, @byso & me have a bet on a bottle of red, he reckon a crowd less than 7,000, I reckon there be more than 9,000 all wearing rainbows even if its not the Manly jumper. I reckon the crowd will be big!!! even if it is a protest of sort. Even sent @byso my address for the bottle of red, just in case he forgot.
What if it's 8,000?

Brilliant & very true!

Interesting that many people's first response is to show sympathy for the 7 players by claiming not respecting their religious beliefs is intolerant when the real issue is that their beliefs even exist in this day & age.
Problem is its not just their beliefs thou is it? They didn't see God on a beautiful Pacific island beach and recieve the magical words of the bible.

These guys have been indoctrinated since day one because their parents were because their grandparents were and so on and so on all the way back to........ The white missionaries that spread their word of god. Their word of God that made women second class citizens. Their word of God that said gay people were evil. Their word of God that has started most of the worlds wars and caused most of the genocide that has occurred. I won't go on because I'm no doubt starting to offend....

To your point about their beliefs even existing. If this is a fair point then how can anyone anywhere believe anything written in the bible or Quran or torah or any other fairytale written by old men to control the masses.

One of my girls was listening to a 'young persons' topical podcast yesterday. They were discussing the Rainbow Jersey complications.
Points made were:
*acknowledgement of club communication problems with key stakeholders
*acknowledgement that the problem would occur at any NRL club
*no condemning of the 7 sit-outs but highlighting the hypocrisy of only stating religious beliefs when they play at 4 Pines (beer) Park with gambling logos attached
*quite telling that a spokesperson from NRLW said there would not be a problem with a Rainbow Jersey in NRLW and they have many Pacific Islander players
*heaped praise on Dessie's speech and captain DCE
*praise to the Manly club for going forward with the initiative
*they hoped Manly would win tonight (don't think they know what we're up against)
It was a very interesting listen and I thought they were all solid points.
Anyway, Go Manly!

Problem is its not just their beliefs thou is it? They didn't see God on a beautiful Pacific island beach and recieve the magical words of the bible.

These guys have been indoctrinated since day one because their parents were because their grandparents were and so on and so on all the way back to........ The white missionaries that spread their word of god. Their word of God that made women second class citizens. Their word of God that said gay people were evil. Their word of God that has started most of the worlds wars and caused most of the genocide that has occurred. I won't go on because I'm no doubt starting to offend....

To your point about their beliefs even existing. If this is a fair point then how can anyone anywhere believe anything written in the bible or Quran or torah or any other fairytale written by old men to control the masses.
Well, I certainly don't disagree with you on any of that.

Elsewhere in our world where Christianity exists, there appears to be a more progressive attitude towards these matters, so we can only hope that the PI community progresses to the same point in the near future.

Genesis was written 3.5k odd years ago. Can’t see much of a change by 2032
Yes Christianity has never experienced difference of interpretation and opinion, leading to multiple denominations over seemingly trivial things.

Anyway was just a joke haha, be cool to see how these things look on the field tonight!

One of my girls was listening to a 'young persons' topical podcast yesterday. They were discussing the Rainbow Jersey complications.
Points made were:
*acknowledgement of club communication problems with key stakeholders
*acknowledgement that the problem would occur at any NRL club
*no condemning of the 7 sit-outs but highlighting the hypocrisy of only stating religious beliefs when they play at 4 Pines (beer) Park with gambling logos attached
*quite telling that a spokesperson from NRLW said there would not be a problem with a Rainbow Jersey in NRLW and they have many Pacific Islander players
*heaped praise on Dessie's speech and captain DCE
*praise to the Manly club for going forward with the initiative
*they hoped Manly would win tonight (don't think they know what we're up against)
It was a very interesting listen and I thought they were all solid points.
Anyway, Go Manly!
Great discussions, at least there's some good coming out if this (I actually think a lot) ... being talked about is a great first step.

English, do you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-220437_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-220437_Chrome.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 8
This is a stupid thread. If you had any understanding about the topic you wouldn’t create an action to divide. Get a grip!!!
Serious, the divide has already happened, just trying to see the numbers, it is anonymous..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12