Politics / Elections

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
And on another positive note (after the Sea Eagles' fightback), the Coalition held the Peter Fitzsimons' Anti-Stadia Alliance (PFASA - fronted by Smirkin' Arfur Daley) at bay.* Peter was ruminating in the paper today as to why the government just hung on. Memo Peter: you didn't help with your concentration on the Allianz issue - admittedly the Coalition's messaging was exceedingly poor** - but they didn't deserve to lose office to a 'do nothing, threaten to tear up contracts, rethink metro routes' outfit who it seems haven't learnt much from their last spell in office..

Now the government can get on with completing the metro through to Bankstown (taking the Bankstown line out of the Central Station chokepoint equation); starting the city to Parramatta metro; the Western Harbour Tunnel; extending the F6 southwards and the Parramatta LR.

There are others, but these are where the main differences lie with Labor's (essentially non-existent) transport infrastructure policies. For those with an interest in political history - Labor have held office in NSW for all but 26 years since 1941. So next time you want to pin the blame on Sydney's perceived woes, remember who have held the reins of power Iin this state for the vast bulk of the period since WWII.

*On the Northern Beaches front, that should see both sections of the Mona Vale Road upgrade completed or well underway by 2023; potentially the B-line from DY to Chatswood a reality; Beaches Link well underway; plus the CoE at Brookvale (provided Regan plays the game) completed.

** Ayres might hang on, but I think (as do many) Our Glad will be gone before the next poll.

And they will all vote for the nut job again

Mate we will have to agree to disagree on this one
Donald Trump is the man and he is here to stay !
Have a great day @The Wheel :)

bald-eagle-attacks-trump-photo-shoot-time-magazine-4.jpg

I think there may be a new ‘dead pool’ type game in this. They’ve elected Ronald Reagan, J Bush Jnr, and Trump. Who will be the next loony tunes president of America. I’m tempted to open with Crusty the Clown but I don’t think they are quite ready for a cartoon character so I’m going to say Adam Sandler.

Of course vice president Mike Pence would like a crack at the White House seat, and he is a hyper religious extreme right wing nut case as well as Trump, and some say even more dangerous because he's smarter and holier than thou. American politics...never ceases to amaze. They've had only one decent leader in the past 40 years and that was Obama, and boy are they putting the knife into him.

Have to have very , very deep pockets or wealthy supporters to run as an independent in U S presidential elections outside of the mainstream two party system there . So Trump v Biden as the main game no doubt latter this year . Bit concerning and has more then his share of flaky ideas but one thing that i will say in Trump"s favor is that he has intentionally kept America out of pointless and very damaging foreign military and clandestine conflicts . Obama was one of the few prominent U S politicians who opposed the disastrous Iraqi invasion and i will always pay him respect for that .

Of course vice president Mike Pence would like a crack at the White House seat, and he is a hyper religious extreme right wing nut case as well as Trump, and some say even more dangerous because he's smarter and holier than thou. American politics...never ceases to amaze. They've had only one decent leader in the past 40 years and that was Obama, and boy are they putting the knife into him.
[/QUOT

I love your take on US politics. CNN?

I love your take on US politics. CNN?

No Moops. I dont watch any such news service. It stands out in every report you read internationally, economically, ethically, politically. They are on the gradual slide. Their handling of this coronavirus issue is a perfect example. Iraq and Afghanistan. Blind Freddy could see they were walking into another Vietnam. Their inept response to a couple of recent hurricane events. The ongoing alienation of their allies. A President who blames everyone else for what goes wrong, sacks most of his staff who dont support him, dispensing with restrictions on financial activities that Obama brought into practise to get the US out of the mess brought on by shonky financial practises allowed by the previous government and getting their economy back on track. A president bankrupted five times, leaving a multitude of others to suffer the consequences of his mismanagement. You do take notice of what happens there dont you?

Let me guess Bearfax...you're a Liberal by any chance? Yes/No is sufficient.

Neither Lib nor Lab. Both are in the pockets of the money people. I dont believe in identifying with a political party because there are issues I agree with that would be considered conservative, and others that would be considered Green. My political position would probably be centre left on most issues, but it depends on the issue. If you adhere to one side without reservation, you've been conditioned to that way of thinking, and often nothing will change that. Much the same with religious beliefs.

Neither Lib nor Lab. Both are in the pockets of the money people. I dont believe in identifying with a political party because there are issues I agree with that would be considered conservative, and others that would be considered Green. My political position would probably be centre left on most issues, but it depends on the issue. If you adhere to one side without reservation, you've been conditioned to that way of thinking, and often nothing will change that. Much the same with religious beliefs.

Good on you, i'm impressed.

American politics is Really just an illusion that divides the people and makes them easier to brainwash/control. The president’s are all puppets to those who stand behind them in the shadows. Aside from the fact he was more eloquent of speech and presented much better in front of the cameras, Obama was no different.

There’s a heap of stuff on Obama’s hidden agendas and ineptitude’s that pre- date the Trump circus. It’s been a looong time since the US had a president who acted autonomously.

Last edited:
American politics is Really just an illusion that divides the people and makes them easier to brainwash/control. The president’s are all puppets to those who stand behind them in the shadows. Aside from the fact he was more eloquent of speech and presented much better in front of the cameras, Obama was no different.

Always fun picking apart something or someone in arguing an opposing position.

Yes, Obama wasnt perfect, but you could tear down any leader if you want to defame them. But I stick to what I said and I'm sure many leaders throughout the world would agree.

Obama faced a hostile senate and later a hostile House of Reps, mainly incited by the ultra right wing Tea Party, a faction even the moderate republicans dislike. He had to find many clever ways to circumvent a system that is so entrenched in that country, that as I said, they are conditioned to the status quo, even if it is inequitable, open to serious violence, and increasingly economically unsound. Trump is merely an example of such growing flaws, such as the pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo that people are increasingly accepting, as well as the holier than thou clap trap that goes along with it.

But to answer like for like about Obama, and rather than list many unsubstantiated allegations as mentioned I cite the following

28 Of Barack Obama’s Greatest Achievements As President Of The United States

Yes Obama did things that were quite questionable. No president is faultless there. But comparing him with Trump is like as they say chalk is to cheese.

Always fun picking apart something or someone in arguing an opposing position.

Yes, Obama wasnt perfect, but you could tear down any leader if you want to defame them. But I stick to what I said and I'm sure many leaders throughout the world would agree.

Obama faced a hostile senate and later a hostile House of Reps, mainly incited by the ultra right wing Tea Party, a faction even the moderate republicans dislike. He had to find many clever ways to circumvent a system that is so entrenched in that country, that as I said, they are conditioned to the status quo, even if it is inequitable, open to serious violence, and increasingly economically unsound. Trump is merely an example of such growing flaws, such as the pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo that people are increasingly accepting, as well as the holier than thou clap trap that goes along with it.

But to answer like for like about Obama, and rather than list many unsubstantiated allegations as mentioned I cite the following

28 Of Barack Obama’s Greatest Achievements As President Of The United States

Yes Obama did things that were quite questionable. No president is faultless there. But comparing him with Trump is like as they say chalk is to cheese.
The wonderful thing about Silvertails is that when we put to one side our common love for the club, we all perceive things differently.

In order for me to appraise Obama’s political legacy it would be fundamental that I believe he even has one to review. I suspect he was little more than a mouth piece, (albeit a good one) to the real power brokers and financiers who own most of the world.

The one’s who control the main stream media through Reuters and the Associated Press as evidenced below.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4