Plenty to like!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As we aren't in the finals, now is the time to experiment further, just to see how the young players are developing. I wouldnt be playing Turbo or Walker. No gain. I'd be trying out one or two of the remaining group of Burbo, Saddler, Titmus, Metcalf, Anderson etc just to see what they've got. Maybe not all and not at the same time but maybe one or two per match, perhaps one off the bench. Certainly I would be trying out Burbo more than the others, and maybe off the bench, just so he gets the feel of first grade and sees what he'll need to work on. Des has so far tried Schuster, Hopa, Funa, Harper and Miski in recent weeks. None have disgraced. All have shown a little of what they can do. Good experience for all of them. Even just one of these untested kids in each game would tell us something.

Good to see the youngsters getting game time and improving. We will benefit next year. Schuster must be starting 6 next year. Add to his talent some patience and composure then we finally have our partner for DCE.

I’d sit afb the last 2 games. We scored all our points when he and Marty were out tonight. Start tent or keppie and bring guaca in and maybe another young un. Afb looks spent this year. Give him the last 2 off
Except for when Kapow scored of course ;-)

A win is a win and we'll take it, but you're right in being realistic. We beat the Dogs. The Dogs who have won 2 out of 18 games this year and we almost did what we did last week against the Tigpies.

Yes there were some good signs out there, and its good to get a win. But any of the top 8 sides, even the Sharks, would have beaten us easily tonight. We won more because the Dogs simply aren't a good side than we won because we played great football.
Gotta say there were some very encouraging signs out there though, I'm excited about the future after seeing our young guns shine tonight, after such a sh*thouse season it was great to see some enthusiastic attacking football for a change

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker / Cade Cust / Josh Schuster
09. Manase Fainu
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson

All out or injured and didn't return during the game. Dogs were desperate to get off the bottom of the table. We played at a ground where we have had 0 luck at over the past decade and a half.

I thought we'd finally see some positivity around these parts :eek:

Thought we aimed up amazingly.
Plus the 11-4 penalty count didn’t help us much...

Try them all, and rest Turbo / Walks

Winning would be nice but means **** all

I get the thoughts around resting Turbo but he’d be absolutely itching to get out there and actually play after what he’s gone through this year.

Imagine spending another 5 months on the sidelines waiting to play next season, knowing you were good to go these last few weeks.

His motivation won’t be origin, it’ll simply be regaining some self belief.

I get the thoughts around resting Turbo but he’d be absolutely itching to get out there and actually play after what he’s gone through this year.

Imagine spending another 5 months on the sidelines waiting to play next season, knowing you were good to go these last few weeks.

His motivation won’t be origin, it’ll simply be regaining some self belief.
Fair enough but you can understand my angst.

Definitely mate! I'm sure most of us as supporters will be barely able to watch as he makes that first kick return!
That’s my huge worry , damages himself after 5 minutes and out for 9 months.

Just imagine Silvertails if that happens

I actually thought 2021 would be our year and held minor hopes for a Top 4 finish for 2020 however, injuries ruined that, maybe and maybe not.

However, looking at other rosters and our young roster moving forward, I think we’ll be ‘Top 4’ 2021 and premiers 2022 or at least 2023.

The Panthers and Roosters will always be there, dependent on injury, and injury is the biggest variable for any team.

And this leads me to the Sea Eagles.

With all our young talent coming through, providing we can keep them all, as the Panthers have, it will potentially be a massive change.

I see Manly being a leadership team for the next 5 years, like the good old days. I’d like to say more than 5 years however the bloody crystal ball is cloudy about that.

In a crisis injury wise, opportunity tends to knock, and we've had a glimpse at some really exciting prospects.

Josh Schuster played one game, and looked like a veteran with confidence. Kid is going to be magical. All of 19 years old.

Morgan Harper , okay, two games, but looks like he's fast, can run a great hole, is elusive, confident and a real team guy. Did I say he's only 22? Wowzers

Albert Hopoate , Kid was thrown into the fire, and three games in, I'm seeing exponential improvement, and I don't get the criticism leveleed at him by some. Another 19 year old.

These kids are our future. Add to them:

Tom Trbojevic Possibly in the top 3 fullbacks on the planet at the ripe old age of 23. He adds another element to this team. Tall, fast, powerful, and a tonne of leadership.

Jason Saab Maybe one of the most exciting prospects I've ever seen. In his debut for The Dragons, he was outstanding. No idea how he was let go. Hopefully Dessie can work his magic, too. ANOTHER 19 year old kid.

Dylan Walker On his day, he is a game changer and winner. Literally has won games for us on his own. He is outstanding. As close to Jamie Lyon as you get. Premiership winner. Needs to be in the backline at the ripe old age of 25.

Then you have to blend in some players like Moses Suli, Brad Parker, Jorge Tuafua, Tevita Funa. This backline will be a well oiled machine next season.

Plus the 11-4 penalty count didn’t help us much...

The ref caned Manly early with penalties and restarts. Many were ridiculous calls. Recall Taupau looking absolutely bewildered by one penalty but fortunately the team made no comments.

In a crisis injury wise, opportunity tends to knock, and we've had a glimpse at some really exciting prospects.

Josh Schuster played one game, and looked like a veteran with confidence. Kid is going to be magical. All of 19 years old.

Morgan Harper , okay, two games, but looks like he's fast, can run a great hole, is elusive, confident and a real team guy. Did I say he's only 22? Wowzers

Albert Hopoate , Kid was thrown into the fire, and three games in, I'm seeing exponential improvement, and I don't get the criticism leveleed at him by some. Another 19 year old.

Tom Trbojevic Possibly in the top 3 fullbacks on the planet at the ripe old age of 23. He adds another element to this team. Tall, fast, powerful, and a tonne of leadership.

Jason Saab Maybe one of the most exciting prospects I've ever seen. In his debut for The Dragons, he was outstanding. No idea how he was let go. Hopefully Dessie can work his magic, too. ANOTHER 19 year old kid.

Dylan Walker On his day, he is a game changer and winner. Literally has won games for us on his own. He is outstanding. As close to Jamie Lyon as you get. Premiership winner. Needs to be in the backline at the ripe old age of 25.

Then you have to blend in some players like Moses Suli, Brad Parker, Jorge Tuafua, Tevita Funa. This backline will be a well oiled machine next season.
What a pity Ryan. You were going so well until you overreached with that last underlined player.

Spot on Ryan. I'd add to the underlined, Funa who also looks quality and I'd wait patiently for Burbo to show his wares. Potentially that is a top 4 backline, something we've been missing since about 2013-14

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4