Please do not use PM for Moderator enquiries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevo said:
So you admit to it! 47 and still a dobber.

Can't remember the last time any of my garbage was cleaned up. In fact most people enjoy the ... that comes out of my mouth.

No it wasn't me mate.

I asked why our $hit was wiped.

Was told others had complained about the thread being hijacked.

Oh well, such is life.

(I was PM'd by a few unhappy with your style though. So I'd take that into consideration, if it were me).

In answer to your first question, no. I was just making a general joke, not aimed at anyone in particular, least of all you. I just find it amusing the level of seriousness that some people apply to the internet and social media. If you aren't prepared to cop a bit of keyboard hero action or aren't prepared to tolerate some fairly radical opinions or views that will differ to yours, then the virtual world isn't the best place to frequent.

As to your second question, yes without a doubt ;) including me.

Dan said:
I've been seen, there is a photo of Bones, Matilda and I somewhere

I saw him once, looks a bit like a Hobbit @Dan

Chip and Chase said:
In answer to your first question, no. I was just making a general joke, not aimed at anyone in particular, least of all you. I just find it amusing the level of seriousness that some people apply to the internet and social media. If you aren't prepared to cop a bit of keyboard hero action or aren't prepared to tolerate some fairly radical opinions or views that will differ to yours, then the virtual world isn't the best place to frequent.

I learned " the hard way" when I first joined, now I don't care what anyone.....well apart from the obvious Troll waynekerrs....says, and I agree some people need to "lighten up" a bit at times.

So come on brothers lets just "feel the love"

I am sure I make more typos that most, some are funny.

A worker here sent the boss a sms 3 or 4 weeks ago letting him know they wouldnt be in to work because "i need to have a day off dick".

My brain works faster than my two fingers do, and as is my usual form I fail to read it back before hitting the "Post Reply" button.

Been doing it for years....should see the funny stuff I have put on Twitter!!

AND what's worse is an I-Phone with that predictive typing ****e.....I have sent some doozey's of SMS messages.

Being half blind and having to wear glasses makes it worse, sometimes I just type and send (saves a heap of time) BUT does get me into big trouble.

Clearly modern technology and old farts doesn't really compute!!

Tony Abbot (PM) wouldn't have a hope in hell of answering my unmoderated enquiries. He wont even go on Q & A, so what chance has he against the likes of me ? :)

Chip and Chase said:

What I find annoying is that we're reminded regularly of the T and C's here, and not to insult others.

So the limitations are actually imposed upon us to begin with.

And I'm not referring to just different or a variety of opinions. I mean the disrespect and belittling that isn't in jest.

When I objected openly to someone insulting other members I was told yet again it's just lighthearted banter.
When I then answered the same with same it's deleted. So who's taking things too seriously then?

The reasoning I was given was that ppl had complained about the hijacking of a topic (even tho the exchange between me and Stevo was pretty brief in a long thread) .

The only person I know objecting was bob dylan (while several members PM'd me in support).

So it's lighthearted, not to be taken seriously etc., yet when challenged it's arbitrarily declared inappropriate, and deleted.

Not forgetting we're told to tolerate 5 times the annoying ramblings of Roger Ramjet (for one).

It's actually quite farcical, I know others feel the same, though aren't brave enough to say so publicly.

The playing-field should be equal for all.
And as consistent as possible.
And it isn't too often.

"Don't take things so seriously unless we say so?"

Please.

We deserve better.

But this is the last I'm saying on it now too.

It makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8