Players don't look like they are hurting enough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Ryan

Journey Man
The way they all looked so happy and laughing after the game was unacceptable. And it's all of them.

They just got lapped, again, by 30, with only 10% of the team trying.

They just don't care. They've mailed the season in.

They played like bitches, and The Dragons treated them as such.

This is the worst I've ever seen this culture. This is maybe the worst Manly group (on and off the park) I've literally ever witnessed.

The legacy players like Bullet, Lyon, Ox, Kite, Ballin and others built and left behind, is being destroyed by these lazy, apathy for result mercenaries.

And there appears to be 0 accountability for it all.

Barrett falls to 26 wins, in 64 games @40%. Our worst coach ever in Peter Sharp had a record of 39.3%.

Lose next week, Barrett becomes the club's worst ever coach.

mate it’s more than just the players from the last 10 or so years. It’s the legacy built since 1947. Some of these players are just playing for a pay cheque. The coaching staff (if u can call them that) just don’t know what it means to ‘be Manly’. They have had no part in our history. Bring in staff who have experienced success with Manly and who can impart that experience on our young players (who, I might add, have limitless potential). This is a pivotal moment in our history - we can be great again but we need someone who knows what it means to be successful as a Sea Eagle. Someone who can bring out the potential greatness in this current Manly side.

I thk alot of modern football players are just rich and lazy with little care. A few glimpses of good footy will secure their contract and the cash flows in. No wonder they are happy.most are just for the cash and dont care about the actual manly team.
Yeah, but why are other clubs able to manage and put out teams that actually give a fucek? Is is because of the Coach, the culture and the management

I want to know what they do at training. Any glimpses of action in the past however long i can remember have been off individual efforts pretty much every time. Do we have a playbook? Because no-one looks to know what to do once we hit the attacking zone, no-one is barking out plays, pushing players into positions, setting things up for a few tackles down the line and i can't remember the last time i saw a team set play lead to something. It's like we have nothing as a team.

IMO the spoon off is between Parra and us and it's going to be a close race

Manly at end of round 14 = 8 Points
Parra at end of tround 14 = 6 Points

Manly's draw and predicted result

Round 15: Dragon = Loss
Round 16: Panthers = Loss
Round 17: BYE
Round 18: Storm = Loss
Round 19: Roosters = Loss
Round 20: Panthers = Loss
Round 21: Sharks = Loss
Round 22: Bulldogs = Loss
Round 23: Tight ones = Win
Round 24: Tigers = Loss
Round 25: Broncos = Loss

We will probably finish on 12 Points. We play two games against a team in the current bottom half of the comp and have 5/10 home games

Eel's draw and predicted result

Round 15: Souths = Loss
Round 16: Dragons = Loss
Round 17: BYE
Round 18: Knights = Win
Round 19: Bulldogs = Loss
Round 20: Panthers = Loss
Round 21: Tight ones = Win
Round 22: Dragons = Loss
Round 23: Storm - Loss
Round 24: Cowboys = Loss
Round 25: Roosters = Loss

Eels will probably finish on 12 Points but probably have an easier draw with 4 out of last 10 games against teams in bottom half of the comp and 5/10 are home games.

Spoon will be decided on for and against ........ we have a tougher draw for sure and are a genuine very, very strong chance for our first spoon.

Well I don't feel the hurt of a loss so badly now. I just expect it. That's the culture that Zoolander has built. PATHETIC !!!
Apathy, all round. Remember when we had passion? Remember Blair roughing up Gift? Blair had the whole team coming at him.

This mob though. If someone roughed one of these "men" up, there'd be a conga line of Manly players trying to hide from sight, or others collapsing into the fetal position.

Pea hearts. Their attitude post game supports that. If Melbourne get lapped by 30, reckon they'd all be laughing it up?

Bellamy would rip their balls off if he caught that.

Where has my team gone? This product on and off the field is laughable.

The Penns are too cheap to do this, but the simple solution would be to get a trainer to run out at the end of each game and pass a cut onion around so the players could shed tears and at least appease Ryan!

You don't have a problem with their attitudes after being thrashed by 30 mate?

Different expectations I guess, for different folks. You seemed quite upbeat and happy after that performance (as seen in your other thread). I'm gutted and disappointed.

Guess that's the same as some teams. Some teams and players are filthy after a loss. Some don't seem to give a ****. They are usually the ones who remain anchored to the bottom of the ladder each year.

But, like I say, if that makes you content and happy, sweet. I don't want onions for the players. I want passion.

I don't think we lacked passion, we lacked execution. We made quite a few opportunities and just failed to convert. The score wasn't a true indication. Illawarra's 1st try (I think) was after they got another set when we were ruled to have played at the ball, it wasn't replayed on fox but it looked like the ball was kicked straight into our player who wasn't advancing, merely protecting himself.
Anyhow, just an example of how small things can change the complexion of the game, and the scoreboard.
Although you may be right that I adjusted my expectations and that's why I wasn't gutted, I now want Manly to win rather than expect it.

I don't think we lacked passion, we lacked execution. We made quite a few opportunities and just failed to convert. The score wasn't a true indication. Illawarra's 1st try (I think) was after they got another set when we were ruled to have played at the ball, it wasn't replayed on fox but it looked like the ball was kicked straight into our player who wasn't advancing, merely protecting himself.
Anyhow, just an example of how small things can change the complexion of the game, and the scoreboard.
Although you may be right that I adjusted my expectations and that's why I wasn't gutted, I now want Manly to win rather than expect it.

Don't get me wrong, there were times I thought, okay, here we go. Not sure if you watched it on Fox, but even the commentators were using terms like:
Lazy
Lethargic
Sloppy
I'll disciplined
Lost
Didn't make the effort

Is what I heard tonight. Unfortunately, I tend to agree with them.

Some players were solid, certainly. But the majority were just awful / rubbish, and The Dragons players to the one made them look like ametuers.

I want to know what they do at training. Any glimpses of action in the past however long i can remember have been off individual efforts pretty much every time. Do we have a playbook? Because no-one looks to know what to do once we hit the attacking zone, no-one is barking out plays, pushing players into positions, setting things up for a few tackles down the line and i can't remember the last time i saw a team set play lead to something. It's like we have nothing as a team.
Barrett had a tennis racquet out last pics i saw

The score was an ABSOLUTE indication of the game, saints and us were miles apart. Their line speed and desperation was way better than ours, their respect of the footy, their smarts, their structure was so much better than ours.

Not sure why you insist on taking the high ground in any negative thread. Maybe that's just how you are in life generally. But their is realistic and deluded in regards to our club and the way we are performing.

The way they all looked so happy and laughing after the game was unacceptable. And it's all of them.

They just got lapped, again, by 30, with only 10% of the team trying.

They just don't care. They've mailed the season in.

They played like bitches, and The Dragons treated them as such.

This is the worst I've ever seen this culture. This is maybe the worst Manly group (on and off the park) I've literally ever witnessed.

The legacy players like Bullet, Lyon, Ox, Kite, Ballin and others built and left behind, is being destroyed by these lazy, apathy for result mercenaries.

And there appears to be 0 accountability for it all.

Barrett falls to 26 wins, in 64 games @40%. Our worst coach ever in Peter Sharp had a record of 39.3%.

Lose next week, Barrett becomes the club's worst ever coach.
This is one of my pet hates in the game today. I know that most of them do it. But I'm sitting there at full-time throthing, swearing at the TV, then I see AFB and McInnes have their man hug, some funny banter (ho,ho,ho,how funny was that AFB, we flogged ya, Ha,ha,ha) and then they go in for a second man hug! F**k that ****. But it wasn't all bad.I saw Jake looking like he wanted to kill someone, Saints player comes over and Jake shakes his hand without breaking stride towards the dressing rooms. That's how it used to be. When you've just been pumped, shake hands and get the f**k off the field.
It's a dead set kick in the gutz look for supporters and sponsors.

They have known since last Friday they'd be smashed off the park tonight.

Probably a par score I'd say.

This is one of my pet hates in the game today. I know that most of them do it. But I'm sitting there at full-time throthing, swearing at the TV, then I see AFB and McInnes have their man hug, some funny banter (ho,ho,ho,how funny was that AFB, we flogged ya, Ha,ha,ha) and then they go in for a second man hug! F**k that ****. But it wasn't all bad.I saw Jake looking like he wanted to kill someone, Saints player comes over and Jake shakes his hand without breaking stride towards the dressing rooms. That's how it used to be. When you've just been pumped, shake hands and get the f**k off the field.
It's a dead set kick in the gutz look for supporters and sponsors.

Yeah seeing Jake storm off barely shaking hands always makes me feel better after a loss. God bless him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8