Players don't look like they are hurting enough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well said. No point wasting your breath my friend, this one here is a consistent apologist for the management. He uses stupid comments which are not funny, but do hilight his clear lack of objectivity. The overwhelming majority of us see the reality, which is what you wrote.
I am not an apologist for management but I do think it's unrealistic to think we are going to have a top 4 side every year. As it is we will now have missed the top 8 in 3 of the last 4 years which of course is 'unacceptable' but as to how to fix that, that is the question.

We don't have the unlimited finances of the Storm, Broncos & Chooks to assemble the best on and off-field teams, and we don't have the junior production line of some other clubs. We are in a painful rebuilding process which was taking shape last year but then hampered by our salary cap bungling, that is a setback for sure.

I do see talent and potential in the squad, and I don't think the fact an inexperienced side continues to make errors is necessarily the fault of the coaches. Just my view, of course.

I'd be more interested to see how they are in the dressing room after the game, and possibly during the video session as opposed to straight after the game where they may just be being gracious in defeat.

I understand the long held opinion about looking surly and grumpy after a loss but I also understand the other side. It's a different level these athletes operate in to me (waaaaay diff level...lol) so I can't determine their reasoning.

If they reacted as some would hope...maybe they are wary the media, etc portray them as sooks...as I said, I dunno but it doesn't bug me as much as some.
Yea the media would probably do that as I would not put it passed them. But in times like this we should not be thinking off the media. If we are making mistakes out on the field and patting each other on the back straight after it saying its ok then we will never learn to take responsibility. The media do as they like anyway and if it's not this then its that. What have we got to loose by trying to show some GENUINE disappointment instead of pretending. The last thing I want the players in this club to be is pretenders. I understand your point though and it is good sportsmanship at the end of a game but I just hope we are not playing on it to save face.

I am not an apologist for management but I do think it's unrealistic to think we are going to have a top 4 side every year. As it is we will now have missed the top 8 in 3 of the last 4 years which of course is 'unacceptable' but as to how to fix that, that is the question.

We don't have the unlimited finances of the Storm, Broncos & Chooks to assemble the best on and off-field teams, and we don't have the junior production line of some other clubs. We are in a painful rebuilding process which was taking shape last year but then hampered by our salary cap bungling, that is a setback for sure.

I do see talent and potential in the squad, and I don't think the fact an inexperienced side continues to make errors is necessarily the fault of the coaches. Just my view, of course.
So when you watch our games you actually see a plan...a method .....anything ??When you see our players return to the field after halftime you see spirit / renewed effort?

That is what coaches are supposed to do!!

Forget the talent bit. Blind Freddy can see we have some talent.Every team has talented players.Its the NRL ffs.Its how you use the talent that matters.

So when you watch our games you actually see a plan...a method .....anything ??When you see our players return to the field after halftime you see spirit / renewed effort?

That is what coaches are supposed to do!!

Forget the talent bit. Blind Freddy can see we have some talent.Every team has talented players.Its the NRL ffs.Its how you use the talent that matters.
Agreed - at the start of the year most here saw us finishing 8-12. We didn't expect to win the comp. However if ure light on cattle u have to compensate for that by playing smart, executing well and firing up every week and busting ure guts for 80mins. Yes we are a young team so the importance of good coaching is amplified. They need guidance and a game plan that's designed to get the best out of them individually and as a team. We are a listless disorganised rabble. Coaches are responsible for that. And before people say it's just we don't have the players...On paper we are equal or better than GC, Tigers, Knights for example. We should be doing better.

Gday all,In fairness to our blokes its not just us. I've got plenty of mates who support other teams and they hate it too.And while we're at it maybe its about time we stopped that huggy thing they do before running out and brought back some good old fashioned face slapping,Trent should be able to help out there.
cheers mike

The way they all looked so happy and laughing after the game was unacceptable. And it's all of them.

They just got lapped, again, by 30, with only 10% of the team trying.

They just don't care. They've mailed the season in.

They played like bitches, and The Dragons treated them as such.

This is the worst I've ever seen this culture. This is maybe the worst Manly group (on and off the park) I've literally ever witnessed.

The legacy players like Bullet, Lyon, Ox, Kite, Ballin and others built and left behind, is being destroyed by these lazy, apathy for result mercenaries.

And there appears to be 0 accountability for it all.

Barrett falls to 26 wins, in 64 games @40%. Our worst coach ever in Peter Sharp had a record of 39.3%.

Lose next week, Barrett becomes the club's worst ever coach.
Agree mate, i be honest as a fan i simply could not give a **** either i watched the rugby test in preference.
Our coach is a slow learner i mean tom wright blind freddy can see kids a freak but not our trent lets play croker, hodkinson.
It certainly reminds me of 2003 period in all honesty. He blames nrl for not registering fainu but really i mean club even talked in up in articles on website then don't put him in 30 man squad how dumb.
Tactics can he maybe tell tom to straighten attack or **** even attack down right side. So predictable.
But yes mate its pathetic i had enough. I hope he get sacked at season end he not a coaches arsehole. But no to hasler from me he ****ed the dogs.

Agree mate, i be honest as a fan i simply could not give a **** either i watched the rugby test in preference.
Our coach is a slow learner i mean tom wright blind freddy can see kids a freak but not our trent lets play croker, hodkinson.
It certainly reminds me of 2003 period in all honesty. He blames nrl for not registering fainu but really i mean club even talked in up in articles on website then don't put him in 30 man squad how dumb.
Tactics can he maybe tell tom to straighten attack or **** even attack down right side. So predictable.
But yes mate its pathetic i had enough. I hope he get sacked at season end he not a coaches arsehole. But no to hasler from me he ****ed the dogs.
He is really Peter Sharp in handsome prosthetics.

Think series 1 of ‘Alexei Sayle’s Stuff’. You’ll get the picture.

The players play because they once liked the game and are/were the crème of the crop; good at it.
They had U20's and schoolboy highlight reels, and played for the joy of the game and that winning feeling.

Takes a special coach and side to remove that feeling, and when that happens - apathy sets in. Hello Twenty.
This side reminds be of Justin Horo. Playing for a contract he was a world beating 2nd rower. Then 2 years on a reggies player. Like Manly last year to this.

St Merge were March premiers for 4 years, until this year when instead of crumbling they have stood tall.
It took Graham and Hunt to rebuild their mentality (not a new coach).

Only Melbourne can safely say they are a footy club built on winning over the last 10 years.
The other teams become what Manly is this year on rotation. Full of expectation, but limited delivery.

Replacing Twenty Bwarret and derp cartwright may have a short term "jolt fix" to the strategic game, but until the players rediscover their abilities and push - its all down hill from here until we recycle them out.

Clean out is necessary - Coach et al.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8