Planning for 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reason I hold little hope for next year is, not the players, but Des.

I read an article that explained that Craig Fitzgibbon got everyone in the whole organisation to be a part of the club when he started. Players who'd never even met the front office staff now are on first name terms. They have bbqs etc for everyone in the organisation.
If it was like that at Manly, the jersey debacle wouldn't have happened for a start because there would actually be communication between everybody. It would also prevent a lot of arrogance and the forming of factions. You can see the Sharks are all on the same page by the way they play. A long time before the debacle I'd expressed my doubts on here about players from Polynesian backgrounds and players from the beaches being able to understand each other's cultures let alone play instinctively together.
So much time needs to be spent on making a team a team, look at what Todd Payten's done with the Cowboys. And Bellamy and Robinson.
I don't believe that Des is the guy to unite such a disparate team. He has always had his favourites, often to the point of damaging the team. His refusal to promote young talent is baffling. Where would Dylan Brown be if he'd been given the Josh Schuster treatment?

And I think he's lost his passion.

They are fast young fit men who are coached really well.

There is complete but in from the players coach and staff

There pre season this year they were doing military drills at all hours of the day in the hot humid weather up there.

We look this year the complete opposite and void of any fitness levels.

I know it won't happen but we need to as a club go and do the kokoda track and then do rest of pre season up in Darwin hot humid conditions

We just can't keep doing the same things we have been it's not been working.
Agree there. We are clearly not fit enough seeing how much we disintegrate in and out of games mostly 2nd halves. I think time has past by Des and Donny. What worked in 2006-2011 doesn't work now.

I read an article that explained that Craig Fitzgibbon got everyone in the whole organisation to be a part of the club when he started. Players who'd never even met the front office staff now are on first name terms. They have bbqs etc for everyone in the organisation.
If it was like that at Manly, the jersey debacle wouldn't have happened for a start because there would actually be communication between everybody. It would also prevent a lot of arrogance and the forming of factions. You can see the Sharks are all on the same page by the way they play. A long time before the debacle I'd expressed my doubts on here about players from Polynesian backgrounds and players from the beaches being able to understand each other's cultures let alone play instinctively together.
So much time needs to be spent on making a team a team, look at what Todd Payten's done with the Cowboys. And Bellamy and Robinson.
I don't believe that Des is the guy to unite such a disparate team. He has always had his favourites, often to the point of damaging the team. His refusal to promote young talent is baffling. Where would Dylan Brown be if he'd been given the Josh Schuster treatment?

I watched Schu last night in the warm up as they were right in front of us. Admittedly he was 18th man but I don't think I've seen a more disinterested or apathetic warm up from an individual.

No Harper, please. Lacks pace, not 1st grade standard.
He has a crack but Foz put it on a plate for him several times yesterday and a good centre would have made a clean break, Ron Jeremy just fluffed around. Then the charge down, it looked like he was running in quicksand.

Looks like everyone’s view is we should just forfeit before we start.

I’ll still be supporting my team , regardless of who starts or who doesn’t.

If the Cowboys can go from second last to second , so can we.

I get that everyone’s disappointed ( so am I ) but regardless, I’m a Manly fan until I’m permanently looking at the lid !!
Oh great, so you'll be heading bush and not watching for the whole season next year? ;)

There’s lots of ways to approach these last 4 games. We could give most of the fringe players a run. Try some players in different positions etc.. Garrick back to the wing, Weekes or Koala to fullback. Schuster to #6 and Tuipulotu into the centres.
What will happen of course is, Des will continue to pick the same team each week. Maybe

Agree 100% Budgie, the Des experiment is a failure in my eyes, it's a different brand of football these days and we seem to be a long way behind most of our opposition, we struggle to come within a bulls roar of teams from 1 to 6 and I'm never confident against anyone above us on the ladder, we as supporters deserve better than hoping we can beat another semis hopeful, how long has it been since any of us were genuinely confident ahead of any match regardless of who the opposition was, I'm beginning to feel I may have seen my last Manly premiership team in my life, I'm fast running out of time

Agree 100% Budgie, the Des experiment is a failure in my eyes, it's a different brand of football these days and we seem to be a long way behind most of our opposition, we struggle to come within a bulls roar of teams from 1 to 6 and I'm never confident against anyone above us on the ladder, we as supporters deserve better than hoping we can beat another semis hopeful, how long has it been since any of us were genuinely confident ahead of any match regardless of who the opposition was, I'm beginning to feel I may have seen my last Manly premiership team in my life, I'm fast running out of time
Gave you an 'Agree' Ron, but don't you go running out of time on us. You're one of the good guys!
But yep, a premiership does look a very long way away.

Looks as though our attack next season will be
sideways , sideways, tommy, sideways tommy, kick for tommy.
tommy, sideways, tommy, sideways, sideways as tommy caught out of position, kick
Repeat

until about rond 10 when Tommy is busted due to overuse and everyone goes , whats doing with tommy always getting injured, must be made of tall stuff.

gee that sidways guy is worth the coin, never injured. Go sideways guy. You can do it. We are the flashiest of all the 6-10 sides with sideways guy

phew

We need to be fitter!

In the Parra game DCE put in a decent kick when we were 20-14 up. He leads the kick chase and we catch them 10m out from their line.

The next 3 sets they roll through us as our line is fractured and we stand back waiting. We had 1 or 2 players in the tackle rack tackle and let them get 50 m in those tackles. There was lots of hand over heads and on hips.

They looked gassed, we gave away a penalty, next play they score.

It’s been the same all year. They seem to gas out in the 60-70 minutes.

I'm planning on developing a crack cocaine habit, possibly supplemented by some high-grade prescription meds. I can't think of any other way to make it through another bumbling Manly season. Even last season, when we had inarguably the best player in the world uninjured and at the peak of his powers, we were never serious contenders. Tommy ain't gonna save us, and I'm beginning to wonder what is.

I read that we have lost Zane Dunford to Canberra for the next three years. I only saw him play once and he was impressive. A big strong guy and, I believe, the son of Matt Dunford.
Surely these are the types of played we should be retaining? Their families have a history with the club and they are likely to have their hearts with the Sea Eagles.
What would be the attraction of playing in Canberra? How/why did we let him leave?

Saying good bye to so much experience. If we don't recruit the right players for 23 it could easy be a rebuilding year before the year even starts.

I'm planning on developing a crack cocaine habit, possibly supplemented by some high-grade prescription meds. I can't think of any other way to make it through another bumbling Manly season. Even last season, when we had inarguably the best player in the world uninjured and at the peak of his powers, we were never serious contenders. Tommy ain't gonna save us, and I'm beginning to wonder what is.
I’ll just put you onto a friend at Brisbane Street…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4