Phone call with Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hmmm, as opposed to the CEO of the football club telling some random fan the following:

* the club is weak and is in dire straits, believe what you are hearing
* there are absolutely no strategies in place for Lottoland
* he is super f***ing concerned. He has never seen anything worse and wishes he never left the the Sharks
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters in the same "timely" and open way we have been doing it so far

p.s. NY Eagle, if you are interested in expanding your property portfolio in Sydney, I have a bridge to sell. Prime location with harbour views, one owner, recently refurbished, hardly used, can promise a good deal for a cash buyer.
Very true - he's not gonna dish out negativity, nor was I fishing for it, but I can definitely sense when someone is hiding something or just feeding me tripe. I'd rather hear something unsurprising that is genuine rather than negativity or dirt.
Anyway, all will be judged by upcoming results
NYEagle

I just got back from dinner with Lyall. Delicious lobster.
He said for me to tell everyone it's all good. Him and I have it all under control. Manly will win Premiership #9 within the next few years.
:D
Sensible time now. What a great read NYEagle.
Thanks for sharing.

I had a similar experience when he was CEO of WSW. I am over the moon he is our CEO and have ingored recent criticism of him being quiet as I know he would be working hard behind the scenes and if he hasn't made a statement I am sure there is either good reason behind not doing so or he was instructed not too.

A also think Peter peters needs to be cast out as it looks like he had something to do with the information getting out re Hastings.

It served no purpose and ignited the fuel that is no burning in the media regarding our club
Some of us have been saying that for years. Apparently we have to wait for him to be wheeled out at the end of this year.

Wow, some big news about to happen at Lottoland, formerly known as Fortress Brookvale, or simply Brookie to its legion of fans.
Could it be that they are playing a game of Super Rugby there on on the weekend? That's old news.
Perhaps its that the big video screen will be operating in time for that rugby match.
Exciting times.

Any update on any of these issues that were going to revealed within weeks?

I know there was supposed to be updates around Brookvale as well as some player signings or re-signings that were also to be made from an interview with Gorman on NRL.com

Any update on any of these issues that were going to revealed within weeks?

I know there was supposed to be updates around Brookvale as well as some player signings or re-signings that were also to be made from an interview with Gorman on NRL.com
Yes.

1. They’re going with lithium-battery lawnmowers, to replace the Briggs & Stratton 4 strokes, to cut the grass.

2. Some new plastic chairs in the press boxes.

3. Replacing the soap and paper towel dispensers in the older toilet blocks.

4. They’re also laying new gravel in the car park adjacent to the Arthurson stand and whitewashing the Besser brick retaining walls at the bottom of the hill.

Big news.

Call Gorman again and demand some answers as to why barett hasn't had the balls to drop players based on form !! We will get the spoon unless changes are made !!

I like Lyle and I think he will be great for manly. But he’s got one tough assignment that is going to be hard but has to happen.

He has to put a broom thru the football department starting with Barrett.

Ideally for me but won’t happen would be
Toovey brought on as head of footy operations and hasler as head coach

Ummm.. so, ummm the state the bloody obvious... how about that three week announcement about Brookie (over a month ago now)
Hi guys

I just had a 10 minute conversation with Lyall Gorman by phone after sending him a direct message about my concerns.

What a gentleman. He is transparent to the Manly fans and I can assure you that he cares about the future of this club a lot.

He was positive about several aspects (and I did not ask for detail):

* the club is strong and going along well despite what you are hearing
* there are rock solid strategies in place for Lottoland that will be revealed within weeks
* he does not seem concerned. He has seen it all before with the Sharks and this is nowhere near as bad as that, and he turned that around
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters

We of course need to give it time, but I am hopeful after speaking with him.

I did leave him with the message that I hope he gets in there and exercises his influence more, because I am unhappy with who seems to be the influencers right now. Read my recent posts on that.

I guess it all starts with a strong and defining performance this weekend and hopefully a win.

NYEagle

NB: out of respect for him and his time I won't give out his contact info. However I may call him at a later date. He was receptive to that. So if there anything anyone wants to pass on any messages, perhaps I'll pass the hat around in few weeks. I'll let you know. Hopefully we can talk good stuff. Let's see.
As in week 2 and 3 of the year 2028?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8