Phone call with Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Hi guys

I just had a 10 minute conversation with Lyall Gorman by phone after sending him a direct message about my concerns.

What a gentleman. He is transparent to the Manly fans and I can assure you that he cares about the future of this club a lot.

He was positive about several aspects (and I did not ask for detail):

* the club is strong and going along well despite what you are hearing
* there are rock solid strategies in place for Lottoland that will be revealed within weeks
* he does not seem concerned. He has seen it all before with the Sharks and this is nowhere near as bad as that, and he turned that around
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters

We of course need to give it time, but I am hopeful after speaking with him.

I did leave him with the message that I hope he gets in there and exercises his influence more, because I am unhappy with who seems to be the influencers right now. Read my recent posts on that.

I guess it all starts with a strong and defining performance this weekend and hopefully a win.

NYEagle

NB: out of respect for him and his time I won't give out his contact info. However I may call him at a later date. He was receptive to that. So if there anything anyone wants to pass on any messages, perhaps I'll pass the hat around in few weeks. I'll let you know. Hopefully we can talk good stuff. Let's see.

Last edited:
Well done for calling.

It's all as I expected! Media blow up, club is strong, etc. Though I didn't know about lottoland (obv).

I would like to know if he likes my posts. :) And can I say hello if I am ever back in Aust and at a game.

edit: And stop taking calls and get back to work!

Nah, ..... I have it on good authority (read it on Silvertails) that the ****ing world is ending .... WTF would Gorman know ....
I mean we lose a few games, a few of the boys go and watch a few nude old slappers in Gladstone and suddenly we wont have a club anymore. Yep, makes sense. I'm still interested in buying Eastern side Harbour Bridge.....

I mean we lose a few games, a few of the boys go and watch a few nude old slappers in Gladstone and suddenly we wont have a club anymore. Yep, makes sense. I'm still interested in buying Eastern side Harbour Bridge.....

Got to ask .... why the Eastern side?

Good article in the australian with Gorman having done an interview with brent read. https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/6be2cb2c843f5c5e52ef0fee88f99c0d

Sounds like hes been hitting the campaign trail. I do like him i just wish he got going a few days ago. Then again he's the experienced CEO maybe he knew he wouldn't get traction until the wind had gone out of everyones sails a bit.

It would be a bit like farting into a cyclone and hoping that changed the wind direction

Good to hear. Always wraps on this bloke. I’m sure he didn’t lose his skill overnight.

This team needs some luck with injuries, a five eight, mobile attacking second rower and Kevin Ward in the front row. I think our young guys will handle the rest.

And probably a new coach. Never had a wrap on him but he has been handed a **** sandwich with what has been happening around him. How he handles the rest of this year probably defines his career.

And we shouldn’t judge Gorman on us winning games in the near future. This team is broken atm with injury and attitude and won’t be an easy fix.

I think what surprised me most was his lack of worry about the club financially, and prospects for the future. Even after I told him basically what Woodsie said that the world was caving in and that we were all feasting on each other in here.

Seems we are ok, it's just a matter of getting some wins and to continue to move along, and blooding some new players.

NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8