Phil Gould's opinion of Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
In todays SMH.

Manly absolutely awesome
The best performance of the weekend - maybe the best performance by any team, in any game, this season - was that of Manly in beating Melbourne on Saturday night. Before the match, we were given the impression the Sea Eagles would be under-strength and could even rest players with the finals series in mind.
As it turns out, they were simply gearing themselves up for a season-best victory. BOOM! They blew the Storm off the park. The Storm players were not off their game either.
They were trying as hard as they could. Manly just smashed them. The skill of the Manly side was breathtaking. The brute force of the forwards, the ball control, the clinical execution, the amazing skill; it was awesome. That game is now burnt into my brain and the Sea Eagles are serious, serious contenders for the premiership. Well done lads.

Only twice before have I read Gould at this stage of the season talking us up like that. 2008 and 2011.

Gus is usually pretty quick to jump onto something. And in commentary a number of times this year I've heard him say about the culture and toughness on the peninsula. I think he really does admire Manly and the way they play footy, and turn up year after year.

How many unforced errors did the Storm make in that game?? If I had a tinfoil hat handy, I'd suggest they threw that game. For what reason?? No idea. Can anyone think of a reason? ;)

I know we are all conspiracy theorists on here(me included) but to be honest, nearly all the blokes I know (who have a good idea about the greatest game of all ) respect and admire the way Manly play their football even if they don't like them.

mozgrame said:
How many unforced errors did the Storm make in that game?? If I had a tinfoil hat handy, I'd suggest they threw that game. For what reason?? No idea. Can anyone think of a reason? ;)
It's obvious. Bellamy thought it would be a great opportunity to boost Manly's confidence for the finals.
(He knows it's our turn to win this year!)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mozgrame said:
It's obvious. Bellamy thought it would be a great opportunity to boost Manly's confidence for the finals.
(He knows it's our turn to win this year!)

He's done a good job too! Gee he's a good coach. :)

Killer03 said:
Gus is usually pretty quick to jump onto something. And in commentary a number of times this year I've heard him say about the culture and toughness on the peninsula. I think he really does admire Manly and the way they play footy, and turn up year after year.

It's why, despite his age, Phil had no problems bringing Kite into the Penrith squad. He hopes to replicate the influence Petro bought from the Broncos, but I hope he's worked out how to keep it motoring once Kitey hangs up the boots.

When he commentates Manly in games he sounds like he has a wood for them. His respect and admiration for our class is unmistakable. And he is a very good judge of teams

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4