Perspective and a deep breath

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had opportunities to play percentage footy in the first 15 minutes, and chose to go for the glory play. No repeat sets, no building pressure, no grind.

If you can't defend, stop giving cheap possession away.

Penrith were great, and we let them be greater by playing dumb.

Once fatigue/momentum set in, we were on a hiding to nothing.
Your last line sums it all up perfectly.

I saw Turbo before the game in the warmups looking rather lame, and I reckon thats when the rest of the team decided to pack it all in and think "stuff it we are done, its all about getting through the 80 minutes without getting injured or bashed up".
It should never ever get that point.

Funnily enough I just saw Brad Parker say in the press conference after the game say "From the start we didn't show up".

BINGO!!!
Wow. So we have a team of fulltime supposed professional athletes who "didn't show up". It's not a fuking backyard BBQ at a mates house, Brad. FMD there you have it. This is what we support.

I'm not having a whinge I'm just voicing the issues this team lacks. I have been using round 1 against the Dogs as our benchmark this year so far. Don't worry about the quality of opposition but what we saw the Manly team do with its line speed and defence with some bone crunching tackles was great. The expectation since then was to see more of the same no matter who the opposition is. Doing the basics right especially without the ball can go a long way to win footy game since Manly can score tries.
Righto, they're buzz words, 'line speed' and 'intent', (and please don't take this personally it's a legitimate question to determine if you have something to contribute or if you just need to have a whinge) but do you have any answers as to how these things are rectified, or even a way to translate that terminology for the layman. Line speed I could interpret as rushing up quickly, do that to Jarome Luai with Kelma Tualagi and Parker not quite in sync, there's a problem. Intent, depends on what the desired outcome is. If it's to catch and hold it if it's to hit and hurt then there needs to be consistency. The great thing about the internet is everyone gets the chance to share their opinions and ideas, the not so great thing is that everyone gets to share their opinions and ideas

Last edited:
I’ve said a number of times , there wasn’t a team in the current competition that would have able to do much different on Saturday night.

They were perfect , and as we struggled to even try and stay in the game every single penalty , 6 again , errors went their way , they couldn’t do anything wrong , we collapsed as a result.

But so would have the other 15 teams , they were that good.

Which is why I think waaaay too much has been made of the loss, it was the perfect storm ( no pun intended ).

As is always the case , the refs try and stop a blowout , so it wasn’t so much that the Panthers took their foot off the pedal , they just weren’t allowed to push it to the metal once the second half whistle was blown.

And in that half , as things became harder for Penrith the game reverted to a more normal one , ending in 12 all for the half.

Yes the damage was done , and we still copped a flogging , but this is a crazy mixed up season with sides looking like world beaters one week , and getting flogged by a team well below then the next.

As good as the Drizzle are , I doubt they can be perfect like that on Friday night , so whilst I don’t think we’ll win ( although in an upset we might ) I think we’ll at least look a bit more competitive.

Which is why , from a perspective point of view I’m holding the “ not throwing the dummy out of the cot” line.
100%, Premierships aren't won in March or April, it's a 7mth season peoples, plenty of footy to come. I expect we'll get another hiding also, as will everyone else barring Penrith. It's becoming that sort of a season. If we are thereabouts around the 8 or even better after the SOO period we'll be in a good position for a run at the semis, cause, that's when the whips come out.

Just think we're being a bit harsh on the team, the Riff had 83% possession to our 17% in the first half. Against the premiers no one is going to win no matter what team it is. 2nd half possession evened up for a 12 all score line 2nd half. Doubt Melb can be as dominating as the Riff, bring on Friday night, got a good feeling about this game.
True regarding the 1st half. Let's see what team turns up against Melbourne because if this team doesn't show up at home than we have some serious issues.

Schuster and Koula are big outs (both in defense and attack) for the team. Need to work more on the "next man in" mentality as our structures can't seem to cope with changes in the playing roster.
Have we ever beaten a top 4 side with Harper and Parker? God it doesn’t feel like it and seems we’ve been stating the obvious here since the finals of 21… Didn’t see that coming? We all did…

Wow. So we have a team of fulltime supposed professional athletes who "didn't show up". It's not a fuking backyard BBQ at a mates house, Brad. FMD there you have it. This is what we support.
Not to mention Brad was having a grand old chuckle about his "kick" at the start of the interview.
It's clear some players know theyre able to get away with putting in a bludger's shift knowing they will still get picked next week. We need competition for spots and its clear thats been lacking for a long time now.

It's important to always look your best no matter what you're working with. Drop me a private message champ and I'll see if I've got any spots opening up for you 'friend' at the Top End Academy of Dapper Dressers and Dashing Dookies, where our motto is 'No Turd's So Rough We Can't Give it a Buff and You'll Be Delighted With the Increase in Muff'

(Actual results may vary, please read fine print. Muff in this instance represents no particular quantifiable or tangible outcome. Go Manly)

It's important to always look your best no matter what you're working with. Drop me a private message champ and I'll see if I've got any spots opening up for you 'friend' at the Top End Academy of Dapper Dressers and Dashing Dookies, where our motto is 'No Turd's So Rough We Can't Give it a Buff and You'll Be Delighted With the Increase in Muff'

(Actual results may vary, please read fine print. Muff in this instance represents no particular quantifiable or tangible outcome. Go Manly)
Sadly posting anything even remotely optimistic on here gets howled down in a dirge of negativity.

It’s one loss , one really bad night out.

If we were to lose the next 3 or 4 games I’d probably jump on board , but for the moment I’ll remain confident we can do better.

We have far too many middle forwards and no edge.
Paseka
Jake
Aloiai
Keppie
Bullemore
Sipley
Woods
Boyle are all middles
Olakau'atu
Tuilagi
Edge

Two golden point games in a row, 2 injuries in game plus a lame turbo, no possession against the best side at their home with two key players out in Josh and Koula.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2