Penrith v Parramatta [Week 2 finals, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What was the go with Pangai getting a free interchange in the last 5 min for a bloke with a sore foot?

Be interesting to see if that was a legal interchange and whether anything comes out of it because they had used up all their interchanges by that point...

a fine does not seem to cut it if it was not legal and the Riff played those last 5min with an illegal player on the field...

Edit: Nothing to see here apparently.... I was unaware that you could 'save' free interchange - isn't the purpose of the free interchange to allow teams to replace a player injured as a result of foul play?? How the firetruck can you SAVE them for later? The bloke is either injured or he is not.... what an absolute crock that is...

Last edited:
What was the go with Pangai getting a free interchange in the last 5 min for a bloke with a sore foot?

Be interesting to see if that was a legal interchange and whether anything comes out of it because they had used up all their interchanges by that point...

a fine does not seem to cut it if it was not legal and the Riff played those last 5min with an illegal player on the field...

Edit: Nothing to see here apparently.... I was unaware that you could 'save' free interchange - isn't the purpose of the free interchange to allow teams to replace a player injured as a result of foul play?? How the firetruck can you SAVE them for later? The bloke is either injured or he is not.... what an absolute crock that is...

Attachments

• FCCBF75B-E84E-4A6F-A170-A1F51AE206AB.png
    FCCBF75B-E84E-4A6F-A170-A1F51AE206AB.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 44
What the game lacked in finesse (other than the kicking games of the two halves) it made up for in desperation. I want that level from Manly for the next two (hopefully) games and if we get that level of intensity we have the strike to beat anyone
Mate I don't want that from Manly next week. I want a replay of Fri night. 40 point cruise with players rested in last 15 min. Meanwhile the scum vs riff bash each other senseless into golden point.

So it seems they had plenty anyways... I still reckon it is stupid that a team can 'bank' free interchanges... they were intended as an opportunity to replace an player injured as a result of foul play without disadvantaging that players team... the player is either injured or he is not - the squeels should not have had one 'left over' from the Niakore incident 15 min ago...

I agree, the defence was the feature because of the total lack of creative attack from both sides. Wow let's put up a huge bomb and cross our fingers, that's about all we've got!

Like everything in this sport now, the interchange rules are totally confusing.
Why has the NRL made the game so complicated?

It shows my vintage but I enjoyed that game. It was such a footy throwback, two teams trying to hurt each other for 80 minutes, not a lot of skill on show but plenty of panic in attack and desperation in defence. It didn't have the inevitability of a lot of today's league, a few six-agains, teams march up field, score in the corner off a block play and then five minutes of the bunker deciding if it was obstruction or not, and finding it was with a player impeded over the other side of the field from the ball carrier.

Definitely the game of the year for mine. Yeah it might have been scrappy in parts but it was an old fashioned defensive arm wrestle. Maybe the fact that attacks were off can be put down to the fact that both teams defences were unbreakable.

It proved the less tries scored in a match the better. I will take that 8-6 game any day of the week over a 40-38 game.

Was a good even contest because there was no 10m. The NRL should trial games at the 5m attack and 5m defence rules. Would fix up so many problems amd make for a more even competition, especially when you add a new team.

The penalty just on half time was a joke imo. No way it was head high. Gave the Panfas the 8-6 win.

The worst thing last night though was Moses being taken out in back play trying to support Ferguson's break. We all saw what Manly and Jake T copped for that in a semi final. But Penrith didn't even get penalised.

Not that anyone is really feeling sorry for the eels here but for a team that fakes it (ferguson) and amazingly every 20 mins a forward needs a HIA (except for those brief few weeks when the media was onto it) - if they lose because of a dud decision..I'm still happy they lost.

Not sure if I just meant 'karma' but bye bye eels = good.

Fisher-Harris is still playing well but nowhere near the form he showed over the previous 18 months. During that time I thought he was a standout as best prop in the game.
He and also Kikau have to play better or the Panthers won’t match Storm.

Not that anyone is really feeling sorry for the eels here but for a team that fakes it (ferguson) and amazingly every 20 mins a forward needs a HIA (except for those brief few weeks when the media was onto it) - if they lose because of a dud decision..I'm still happy they lost.

Not sure if I just meant 'karma' but bye bye eels = good.

The penalty should have been reversed, Parra are experts at laying down for a minor slap to the head.
As soon as Fergo jumped up after laying there half dead once the whistle went was a complete joke.
I use to have a soft spot for the eels, but hate them with a passion now.
HIA as soon as a forward gets tired, laying down after a tackle that is anywhere near the head or throwing their arms up calling for a penalty for a tackle where the player doesn't release within 1 second.

Reports from ebay this morning that record numbers of people from around western Sydney were logged on bidding for VHS players late last night.

My guess is Worms fans wanted to see them winning a Grand Final at least once in their lives :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mate I don't want that from Manly next week. I want a replay of Fri night. 40 point cruise with players rested in last 15 min. Meanwhile the scum vs riff bash each other senseless into golden point.
I understand what you are saying (and yes I want that too) but I doubt there will be any cakewalks from here on in. But if all of Souths playmakers injure themselves during training this week I will just as happily take the win.

The penalty should have been reversed, Parra are experts at laying down for a minor slap to the head.
As soon as Fergo jumped up after laying there half dead once the whistle went was a complete joke.
I use to have a soft spot for the eels, but hate them with a passion now.
HIA as soon as a forward gets tired, laying down after a tackle that is anywhere near the head or throwing their arms up calling for a penalty for a tackle where the player doesn't release within 1 second.
I agreed, to all but the soft spot for them... My heart has always been rock solid concrete to them feckers

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7