Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Haha, good luck trying to persuade James that DCE doesn't spend each game 'retreating to safety', I sometimes get the impression James is not a big fan of DCE. :)
indeed, dude virtually builds a trump wall 20m behind play for almost all kicks but the big stat 40/20. can you honestly remember a time he took the ball on the fly ran to the ad line and kicked for distance that wasnt going to improve that stat. that is a NRL tactic all day we ignore if the wind isnt favouring the 40/20. he is the aussie 7 ffs

he is OK, and im happy for him to stay on a contract worth his contributions as he is a quality athlete, but only a good 7

all i can say if we are waiting for DCE short kicking game to save us we better hope we get new rules that give 2 points for kicking into legs and another 6 points for the most indecisive late kick to gain no ground whatsoever. then he is our man.

without doubt the cleanest striker of the ball ive ever seen though

Are we actually talking about the same team here jj, our kicking game was near perfect, DCE had the most 40-20 kicks. DCE usually does most of the grubber in goal kicks, no problems there. The reason why maybe we didn't kick as much, ie; hail Mary's, was because our attacking game, led by Tommy was to lethal not to use, rather than waste it on a pointless kick.
love your enthusiasm
kicking game near perfect, wow
yes we did spend all season giving it to the big kid but we lost to nearly all the top teams who didnt think the kick was as pointless
tommy was a freak last year
dce short kicking game went to ****e some time before

love your enthusiasm
kicking game near perfect, wow
yes we did spend all season giving it to the big kid but we lost to nearly all the top teams who didnt think the kick was as pointless
tommy was a freak last year
dce short kicking game went to ****e some time before
The short kicking game was equally shared between Foz and DCE and to a lesser degree, Walker as well. Sure, I can take some of your points when up against Penrith and Melb, where you need to build pressure to crack there defences, but against the lesser teams, wasn't really required.

I sometimes wonder what lense filter they see in their heads, to come to these astounding conclusions.
if you want to know what i see in my head, why dont you ask me. i love footy chats

i know my opinion doesnt go with the grain but generally go to great lengths to explain myself and i try not to be a wanker. please read between the lines,

The short kicking game was equally shared between Foz and DCE and to a lesser degree, Walker as well. Sure, I can take some of your points when up against Penrith and Melb, where you need to build pressure to crack there defences, but against the lesser teams, wasn't really required.
shared yes

DCE 12.2 kicks per game
Foran 4.4

DCE engaged the line an average of 3.9 times per game according to NRL stats which puts him next to jake arthur, jake avarillo and ash taylor. IF tom had of been there fullback maybe arthur could be in rep contention. Poor old ben hunt, DCE poorer yardstick cousin led that stat

you need to do the work to beat the easy teams to practice beating the harder teams. you dont just show up

shared yes

DCE 12.2 kicks per game
Foran 4.4

DCE engaged the line an average of 3.9 times per game according to NRL stats which puts him next to jake arthur, jake avarillo and ash taylor. IF tom had of been there fullback maybe arthur could be in rep contention. Poor old ben hunt, DCE poorer yardstick cousin led that stat

you need to do the work to beat the easy teams to practice beating the harder teams. you dont just show up
We did the work to beat the easy teams, dominate through our forwards. Then our spine took over spearheaded by Tommy. All of the stats you have listed led us to being one game away from a GF shot. The loss against Souths was all of our own making, it was an errorathon and compounded by bad decisions by us, nothing to do with a kicking game.

Still saw the same issues that plagued us the last couple of years. Confusion in attack against the Raiders quick moving defense , poor discipline with errors and penalties. Panfers at full strength while we have some key outs. At their home celebrating the GF win I can't see an upset here. Panfers x 14.

We did the work to beat the easy teams, dominate through our forwards. Then our spine took over spearheaded by Tommy. All of the stats you have listed led us to being one game away from a GF shot. The loss against Souths was all of our own making, it was an errorathon and compounded by bad decisions by us, nothing to do with a kicking game.
I would much rather a dry track. I think we are a massive chance without Schu and Haumole if Haumole is indeed out as predicted and if Walker and Marty are right to go and if Davey or someone of that quality is on the bench as a back up for Lawton. A few if's but yes bring on a dry track with our attack any day.

Still saw the same issues that plagued us the last couple of years. Confusion in attack against the Raiders quick moving defense , poor discipline with errors and penalties. Panfers at full strength while we have some key outs. At their home celebrating the GF win I can't see an upset here. Panfers x 14.
Add to that we NEVER win round 1!! ( or haven’t for a long time ).

I’m sorry to everyone but can’t see anything but a Panthers win here.

Just hope we are competitive.

I would much rather a dry track. I think we are a massive chance without Schu and Haumole if Haumole is indeed out as predicted and if Walker and Marty are right to go and if Davey or someone of that quality is on the bench as a back up for Lawton. A few if's but yes bring on a dry track with our attack any day.
A dry track would be ideal for us, if we had a full strength team, but we don't. And Des may not want to risk further injury to the ify players that might want to play in a tough first up encounter. If it turns out to be a wet track, with this looking very likely. A bit of trench warfare could work out for us, just sayin !!

The players all looked very fit during the trials and I thought we looked good during the trials although we went to sleep in the second half against the Raiders. I'm expecting a big performance from the boys. It will be tough as the Panthers will be stinging from getting flogged in their last trial against the Eels and will be looking for a big performance in front of a home crowd. We are a chance but will need to play disciplined football maintaining the majority of possession. I hope we get in a real arm-wrestle with them and push them all the way.

The players all looked very fit during the trials and I thought we looked good during the trials although we went to sleep in the second half against the Raiders. I'm expecting a big performance from the boys. It will be tough as the Panthers will be stinging from getting flogged in their last trial against the Eels and will be looking for a big performance in front of a home crowd. We are a chance but will need to play disciplined football maintaining the majority of possession. I hope we get in a real arm-wrestle with them and push them all the way.
Love it to be really competitive, even if we don’t win !!

Definitely a winnable game.

Has ambush written all over it.

Penrith (although missing a few) looked unenthusiastic in their trial against the slime. Hopefully it takes them a couple of months to find their fire for a back to back premiership.

I think our defence would have been the off-season focus so I hope the boys put in a good showing.

Opportunity to make a real statement in round 1.

Bring it on.
A statement would be great but we are traditionally slow starters.

I have low expectations for the first few rounds as a result of that.

Anyone know why Kikau wasn't suspended after the GF for the hip drop tackle on Gagai that was no different to the Dragons player Fuimaono that copped 5 weeks for taking out Dunster.

A dry track would be ideal for us, if we had a full strength team, but we don't. And Des may not want to risk further injury to the ify players that might want to play in a tough first up encounter. If it turns out to be a wet track, with this looking very likely. A bit of trench warfare could work out for us, just sayin !!
Well I am still pretty confident on a dry track if Marty and Walker are there plus a Davey.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8