Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For me:
I hope Watmough is still gone in 2015 (sorry Marga) because I think he is a bully and it's a rare workplace that can survive a powerful bully. I also think his departure would help enormously in keeping DCE.

I cannot believe there is any thought of moving Tooves on. They should take off the shackles and let him be his own man. Success would follow very quickly - not that equal first after 26 rounds is not success ... and don't give me that nonsense about finals failure: ya didn't notice the injuries kids?

Dave Warwick should be kept and kept happy.

And finally ... unfortunately ... I think it unlikely that a mega wealthy family is going to spend 6 million buckaroos on getting complete control of their toy and not want ... COMPLETE control of their toy.

Actually, now finally, really. Can anyone think of anything in the world we can do to get Zorba out of the club? Anything? Sheeeesh!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
For me:
I hope Watmough is still gone in 2015 (sorry Marga) because I think he is a bully and it's a rare workplace that can survive a powerful bully. I also think his departure would help enormously in keeping DCE.

I cannot believe there is any thought of moving Tooves on. They should take off the shackles and let him be his own man. Success would follow very quickly - not that equal first after 26 rounds is not success ... and don't give me that nonsense about finals failure: ya didn't notice the injuries kids?

And finally ... unfortunately ... I think it unlikely that a mega wealthy family is going to spend 6 million buckaroos on getting complete control of their toy and not want ... COMPLETE control of their toy.

Actually, now finally, really. Can anyone think of anything in the world we can do to get Zorba out of the club? Anything? Sheeeesh!

Free Pizza?

Jerry1 said:
Mavin said:
I wouldn't be surprised if toovey quit he doesn't need or deserve this ... in his life after all he has done for the club and with this speculation (straight from Zorba) he may well say stuff you. I for 1 wouldn't blame him. Nice to see the positivity last not even 1 day.

Stand up and build a new team and winning culture or be gone. So far he has presided over the downfall of a great team.

What an absolute load of garbage !

Dan said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
For me:

Free Pizza?

Bozo's Cement Truck

Mavin said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:
I wouldn't be surprised if toovey quit he doesn't need or deserve this ... in his life after all he has done for the club and with this speculation (straight from Zorba) he may well say stuff you. I for 1 wouldn't blame him. Nice to see the positivity last not even 1 day.

I hope they don't get rid of Toovey and then bring in Nathan Brown. About time for a clean up though, go right through the joint as there are plenty of old wood there. Too many hangers on as well looking for free handouts

Agree with that the only problem is the biggest free loader has just got all his power back. Come on down Zorba.

Harry said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:

I hope they don't get rid of Toovey and then bring in Nathan Brown. About time for a clean up though, go right through the joint as there are plenty of old wood there. Too many hangers on as well looking for free handouts
Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

What did they do wrong? decide to do what other clubs (who abide by the salary cap) to move on an ageing star and the players arc up. We have some of the most selfish players I have ever seen. Can't have it both way's we keep gift it is goodbye to Tom T and Gutherson to name just 2.

They are a bunch of rude ****e, they can't even talk to players before they cut them and Glen was only one of many. The whole lot can go.... Get the Water Cannon !

Im not so fussed. Its always a sad day when hard working people lose jobs due to politics rather than performance. You have to feel for the families etc but that doesn't mean a suitable or better replacement cant be found. Its not doom and gloom for the club. They all played a part in some way, they all played the political game. I remember when grant mayer couldnt be replaced, just ask him.if des wants to come back , id happily have him back. Ive always thought how difficult it would have been to work under the model we had until yesterday. He was in demand, he didnt have to take the bull**** so e moved on. We all do that stuff.

Tooves doesnt deserve the bullet though. Id have mixed emotions on him being replaced at this stage. But he is contract based. That stuff happens to the best of them.

No one knows where we are going from here but at least in the future our off field teams wont be on a home and away basis. That just has to help. Id say the penns would support the nrls big ground strategy a bit more and you cant blame them. Interesting position. Could we see a situation down the track where manly hold the preference share that demands brookie but the nrl hold he cards on the franchise system and wont admit them down the track unless they are open to change that policy.nothing is set in stone. From memory the clubs are 2 years into a 5 year agreement with the nrl

Some people really need to chill. Idiots like rothtool just stir it up.

The key now is unite a very divided club. Time for everyone to take a step back so we can move forward.

There needs to be a cleanout and some fresh ideas at board level.

Toovey has done a great job after the mess he inherited.

Time to now re sign our key players so that 2015 is a special year and not plagued by in fighting and endless negative speculation. We had a belly full of that this year.

The ownership shake-up at Manly has major ramifications.
It could spell the end of coach Geoff Toovey & GM David Perry.
More here: http://bit.ly/1t6XCr9

Penn on BsB

Up next, the boys talk with new majority @SeaEagles owner, Scott Penn.

Penn: Our priority is about getting the right Board, and the footy department extra resources. We're prepared to invest.

Penn: We're seeing the emergence of six clubs in the @NRL that are well resourced. If we want to compete, we need to beef up in that area.

Penn: We need to plan for the future. Fair to say that new people will be brought into the club so that we hold up our end.

Penn on Brookvale: The oval needs significant development and plans are in place to ensure our fortress is world class.

Will add link to podcast when it's up

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/E40rBD.mp3

Message from the Great Max Delmege on fb this Morning says it all
The future is bright !!! :)
Regarding yesterdays surprise exit from the mighty sea eagles by the quantum group, I personally do not mind which entity is in control of our club at board level...I like all you true passionate manly supporters only want harmony amongst club officials and players to ensure we continue the outstanding and much appreciated success we have enjoyed over particularly the last eight years where with you the supporters everlasting encouragement we came from behind to show the rugby league world we have what it takes to make four grand final berths and two premierships. AND ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Penn on BsB

Up next, the boys talk with new majority @SeaEagles owner, Scott Penn.

Penn: Our priority is about getting the right Board, and the footy department extra resources. We're prepared to invest.

Penn: We're seeing the emergence of six clubs in the @NRL that are well resourced. If we want to compete, we need to beef up in that area.

Penn: We need to plan for the future. Fair to say that new people will be brought into the club so that we hold up our end.

Penn on Brookvale: The oval needs significant development and plans are in place to ensure our fortress is world class.

Will add link to podcast when it's up

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/E40rBD.mp3

I guess I should expect a call from them soon to join the executive team :)

^ no long haired hippies!

Uh oh...Imagine if we have a fully functional smooth operating board.....and we have a run of not making the finals!!!!!!!

globaleagle said:
^ no long haired hippies!

Uh oh...Imagine if we have a fully functional smooth operating board.....and we have a run of not making the finals!!!!!!!

And we will have nothing to talk about here if the back office is running smoothly. Imagine if we had to resort to talking about football

What? No more sandwich throwing in the boardroom? Boring!

My only concern in this development is Tooves. He is a true Manly legend and must not be shafted in any way due to few senior players being p*sseed at him for trying to do his job within the salary cap.

Look after the true Manly legends please Penn family.

everything is rumor niccipops the only confirmed fact is that Penn now owns the full share. So i wouldnt be worried about the rest just yet

When was Tooves last extended? I thought he still had a couple years to run (not that it means much).

BOZO said:
Message from the Great Max Delmege on fb this Morning says it all
The future is bright !!! :)
Regarding yesterdays surprise exit from the mighty sea eagles by the quantum group, I personally do not mind which entity is in control of our club at board level...I like all you true passionate manly supporters only want harmony amongst club officials and players to ensure we continue the outstanding and much appreciated success we have enjoyed over particularly the last eight years where with you the supporters everlasting encouragement we came from behind to show the rugby league world we have what it takes to make four grand final berths and two premierships. AND ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN

Good on you Max!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
So when are they moving us away from Brookvale ?

Don't worry this is ALL about money, so if they can make more elsewhere they will

bob dylan said:
... this is massive news.

After 4 nations DCE will have stamped himself as games No 1 player.

And he's in the wrong camp, Bye Bye DCE, will be gone instead of Choc

I doubt that it is about money as investing in a football club would have to be one of the worst investments ever. The sort of investment recommendation a CBA financial planner would make

The club is set to make a loss of $500k for last season. Sounds more like a bottomless pit to me than a gold mine

The Penns would make more money out of buying property on the northern beaches and leaving it there for 20 years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4