Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee just overseas for work and thought I would check the site out! Certainly do not need to read the telecrap to get my dose of Manly negativity!
Overall this is pretty good news! Stability at last!
As if 2V's role is under threat! Dream on!
In regards to Perry if memory serves me correctly he was employed by the Penns.
Gee his office was initially based at the Penn health office.
The penn's are successful business people! I can't see them giving Zorba any great deal of authority only his dignity which frankly everyone deserves. Even Zorba who in his day did a lot of of good things for Manly. Yes he has been recently a total ass.
Personally I think we will be alright! And this is good news!
Onwards and upwards!
The only thing that will impact our roster is the salary cap!

Red Pill said:
Gee just overseas for work and thought I would check the site out! Certainly do not need to read the telecrap to get my dose of Manly negativity!
The penn's are successful business people! I can't see them giving Zorba any great deal of authority only his dignity which frankly everyone deserves. Even Zorba who in his day did a lot of of good things for Manly. Yes he has been recently a total ass.
Onwards and upwards!

Perfectly said! Well done!

Dan said:
Red Pill said:
Onwards and upwards!

Perfectly said! Well done!
Agree. So lets all take a Red Pill and chill out

Harry said:
Well he wasn't that good as the Bulldogs didn't want him, he came back with his tail between his legs. He is not a popular person at the club Mark and with a lot of people. I would rather have Cleal back Mate

Rubbish. Des took Warwick with him initially, then when a deal was later done with Crusher, Warwick sought a release from the Dogs to return to Manly. He had all of 5 mins at the Dogs; hardly time to build the case you suggest.

Canteen Worker said:
Many on this site seem to be very aligned to one side of the story but there is a lot more to it. What concerns me is that the same old innuendos are being peddled. Manly Warringah's comment re Max and Mayer (Not Penn) as to the new Sponsorship was very different to how I observed it - in my opinion it was a smart move to promote the new sponsorship at a time of high publicity and it was the hubris of some who felt that somehow Max was slighted - there are always two sides to every story. (I thought the action was in the best interests of the club but not the best interests of Max. This is the real problem - personalities ahead of best thing for Manly!)

I'm not aligned to anyone but myself and the club. This is not a "spin" i put on the situation with Penn when he had a shot at Max.

Some on here will remember when quantum came on board as a sponsor and there was a press conference to welcome them.

That was the only mention they got on ANY news report of that day or following day in the papers. All we heard was Scott Penn sitting with the Quantum execs telling the media that Max Delmege had not paid his share of the funds. Talk about airing your dirty laundry! I was disgusted. That was the start of the leaks from all sides of the club.

That's how far i go back to not trusting Penn. That press conference that day was to serve his purpose atthe expense of others. I wouldn't blame him for being angry with Delmege but deal with it behind closed doors like Arko always did.

Seems the new generation want to play out everything in public.

I'll sit back and see what he does from now. No blaming anyone else from now on, it's all down to these guys the way they wanted it all along.

It's inevitable that members here would be against it. Don't forget we had a vote recently to give Penn's the power and the Football Club Members (me included) voted against it.

At least we'll be spared the crap of the infighting that has gone on for far too long.

Onwards and upwards!

Did anyone catch the interview last night with Scott Penn on Gibbsy’s radio show? Penn sounded very positive and said that Manly now had a good future. One important point he mentioned was that he wanted Manly to stay at Brookvale oval and that there were some exciting developments to be revealed in the near future about the ground.

His interview has now given me hope that Manly will be in a better place with the Penn's now in control.

I can not believe I am going to say it...

Look at the difference between how the soufs buyout was reported by the tele and ours

I guess they are upset that their "manly board in crisis" page filler is going

Red Pill said:
Onwards and upwards!
100% spot on ,if Perry has one a good job I cant see the Penns getting rid of him to satisfy Zorba's bloodlust.Its business as usual.

manlywarringah said:
Canteen Worker said:
Many on this site seem to be very aligned to one side of the story but there is a lot more to it. What concerns me is that the same old innuendos are being peddled. Manly Warringah's comment re Max and Mayer (Not Penn) as to the new Sponsorship was very different to how I observed it - in my opinion it was a smart move to promote the new sponsorship at a time of high publicity and it was the hubris of some who felt that somehow Max was slighted - there are always two sides to every story. (I thought the action was in the best interests of the club but not the best interests of Max. This is the real problem - personalities ahead of best thing for Manly!)

I'm not aligned to anyone but myself and the club. This is not a "spin" i put on the situation with Penn when he had a shot at Max.

Some on here will remember when quantum came on board as a sponsor and there was a press conference to welcome them.

That was the only mention they got on ANY news report of that day or following day in the papers. All we heard was Scott Penn sitting with the Quantum execs telling the media that Max Delmege had not paid his share of the funds. Talk about airing your dirty laundry! I was disgusted. That was the start of the leaks from all sides of the club.

That's how far i go back to not trusting Penn. That press conference that day was to serve his purpose atthe expense of others. I wouldn't blame him for being angry with Delmege but deal with it behind closed doors like Arko always did.

Seems the new generation want to play out everything in public.

I'll sit back and see what he does from now. No blaming anyone else from now on, it's all down to these guys the way they wanted it all along.

It's inevitable that members here would be against it. Don't forget we had a vote recently to give Penn's the power and the Football Club Members (me included) voted against it.

At least we'll be spared the crap of the infighting that has gone on for far too long.

Onwards and upwards!

You know with one statement all the doubters would be on the same page as well, let me frame what this might look like.

"The Penn family through their company Pennsport Pty Ltd are pleased to announce the acquisition of the Quantum shares in the MWSE effective immediately.

Rick Penn also announced the retirement of MWSE board member Peter Peters who will be replaced by loyal servant to the Club Steve Menzies.

Scott Penn will be Chairman, and has assured all staff that no major staff changes will be made in the immediate future."

I'm no speech writer but something like this would have eased some minds.

Naturally some staff may not be retained long term, if there are better people out there that can help take the club back to the top again, AND they can be coerced to join us then fine, otherwise we already have a successful group running the show.

You may not agree with my views but I'm sure those of you that think the same way as me would agree that we do need stability, and maybe this is the right way forward but sacking the coach ( here say of course) and installing Zorba in a position of power ( and obviously not yet confirmed ) or at worst leaving him as a board member will be divisive ( in a different way to the past but still divisive) .

I yearn for the days when all we talk is footy, so believe me I want peace as much as the next person, but I just don't want to " throw out the baby with the bath water".

I listened to the podcast and he was given the chance to say he supported Toovey and nothing. He doesn't need to tell us everything but if he can't say he supports a legend of the club in Toovey I'm not impressed.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Pepi said:
Wasn't the story that Hasler wanted Warwick and not Cleal? But didn't get his way..

Absolutely correct, Harry doesn't know as much as he claims to!!

And it isn't that hard to find the original information either...

31st Oct 2011 - Warwick, who will fill the role of recruitment officer at the Bulldogs following the departure of Peter Mulholland, is the first Sea Eagle to officially follow Hasler's lead.

5th Nov 2011 - MANLY have been left stunned and rocked yet again after Noel "Crusher" Cleal yesterday quit the club. Cleal -- Manly's recruitment guru -- revealed he would join coach Des Hasler at Canterbury-Bankstown on a long-term deal.

9th Nov 2011 - Dave Warwick has signed a new three-year deal to stay on the northern beaches. Warwick had been scheduled to start work at Belmore this week as the club's recruitment manager. But his situation was complicated by Manly recruitment guru Noel Cleal also going to the Bulldogs.

So Warwick didn't even get 5 mins at Belmore!!! Harry may have a reason for his opinions that are reasonable, but the use of hyperbole and avoiding facts only harms those shared views.

My understanding is Warwick did all the work and had all the contacts and Crusher had just become lazy.

Warwick was sick of doing all the work , getting half the pay and Noel taking all the credit.

Yes he jumped ship, Ha$ler took Cleal ( whic I heard the Dogs were spewing about) and as he hadn't signed a proper contract he returned.

Everyone I talk to said we ( by far) got the better deal.

But if you listen to Harry he's crap and we'd be better with Cleal.

Those of you reading this can make your own judgement on what the best outcome is.

Mark from Brisbane said:
My understanding is Warwick did all the work and had all the contacts and Crusher had just become lazy.

Warwick was sick of doing all the work , getting half the pay and Noel taking all the credit.

Yes he jumped ship, Ha$ler took Cleal ( whic I heard the Dogs were spewing about) and as he hadn't signed a proper contract he returned.

Everyone I talk to said we ( by far) got the better deal.

But if you listen to Harry he's crap and we'd be better with Cleal.

Those of you reading this can make your own judgement on what the best outcome is.

Your understanding is 100% correct Mark.

Hamster Huey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Pepi said:
Wasn't the story that Hasler wanted Warwick and not Cleal? But didn't get his way..

Absolutely correct, Harry doesn't know as much as he claims to!!

And it isn't that hard to find the original information either...

31st Oct 2011 - Warwick, who will fill the role of recruitment officer at the Bulldogs following the departure of Peter Mulholland, is the first Sea Eagle to officially follow Hasler's lead.

5th Nov 2011 - MANLY have been left stunned and rocked yet again after Noel "Crusher" Cleal yesterday quit the club. Cleal -- Manly's recruitment guru -- revealed he would join coach Des Hasler at Canterbury-Bankstown on a long-term deal.

9th Nov 2011 - Dave Warwick has signed a new three-year deal to stay on the northern beaches. Warwick had been scheduled to start work at Belmore this week as the club's recruitment manager. But his situation was complicated by Manly recruitment guru Noel Cleal also going to the Bulldogs.

So Warwick didn't even get 5 mins at Belmore!!! Harry may have a reason for his opinions that are reasonable, but the use of hyperbole and avoiding facts only harms those shared views.
Doesn't matter If he got 1 min, the fact was he was leaving ( goodbye Manly ) and he was lucky that Manly took him back as that the Bulldogs wanted Cleal. If Manly can retain Brett Stewart, Foran etc. I am sure the Retention team will come into play If they stay. But who knows Penns will have the final say with Zorba who no doubt will be giving his opinions

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8