Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-set-to-retain-stars-in-shakeup-20141023-3io6l.html

This came out an hour ago. It's nice to finally be reading positive articles again...

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penn-family-takes-control-of-manly---your-questions-answered/z8j70tsxcyp91b772iq5tmmap

This article is just "beating the corporate drum", so you need to take this with a grain of salt BUT it will sort out the board arguments, as they can hardly argue with themselves can they??

The FC is still important as they hold the "preference share" but their importance to business matters I now see at an end, which will make @Matabele extremely happy AND if he lived in Sydney he'd be the one doing handstands down the Corso singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is dead".

BUT it remains to be seen what the "end game" is and how things will change for fans, maybe I'm looking at this with Rose Coloured glasses but I'm still not 100% convinced a sole ownership plan is the best......just ask the Newcastle fans who are lucky to still have a club.

Discussing this amongst League mates today, and the Tinkler issue appears to be the odd-one-out for individual owners, in recent times. But given our owner has been in the place over 10 years, it is difficult to see him suddenly do a Nathan on us.

Like others, I guess I'll find out as the off-season and 2015 go on, as to how this affects the clubs performance and running.

And they better have a bloody good operator on stand-by to move in, if they do move forward without Perry!!!!

Hard to keep anyone happy these days...No matter what happens. Just give it time...it HAS to be better than what we have just been thru....Could be worse, Dr Marwan Koukash is in town.

Maybe we shouldn't have an opinion???

Keep our thoughts to ourselves and discuss only issues that relate to on field performances!!

Then nobody can be unhappy about what anyone else says.

The perfect world.

Touchy Mark on this one....I only had my opinion also...Just relax mate, we have a team, a club and hopefully a future......

Has anyone else got the bug when you like someone's post it just get's stuck? Or is it just me it only started happening today. I than have to refresh page.

Frogz said:
Touchy Mark on this one....I only had my opinion also...Just relax mate, we have a team, a club and hopefully a future......

Wasn't aiming my comments specifically at you, if so would have had them in the post.

Its just an overview of the many comments made today, and as I say perhaps we are better not to have a view on this which seems to divide us like nothing else on the forum.

I think I have said enough, I'm going to now just wait and see what transpires, be it good, be it exceptional, be it bad, be it a disaster, lets wait and see.

Now where's that Tin Foil Hat again?

Mavin said:
Has anyone else got the bug when you like someone's post it just get's stuck? Or is it just me it only started happening today. I than have to refresh page.

Been happening to me as well.

Won't be around long, just happening due to the whole server change over thingie.

We've also lost the ability to multi quote, delete posts, and if you click on a like to see who 'liked'....you just get taken to the top of the page.

I reckon it'll be gone in a day or so. :)

globaleagle said:
Mavin said:

Been happening to me as well.

Won't be around long, just happening due to the whole server change over thingie.

We've also lost the ability to multi quote, delete posts, and if you click on a like to see who 'liked'....you just get taken to the top of the page.

I reckon it'll be gone in a day or so. :)

Cheers mate I was just making sure it wasn't something wrong on my end.

Mark, no doubt this will divide, yet I hope (as I'm sure every supporter does) that it is the best thing that could of happened, at this point in time.
If we keep our long term players, we resign our future crop and continue to be competitive, with no media cr@p being played day in day out...Ill be one happy little Sea Eagle. I would like to see the back of Zorba and I don't want Perry to go, but I don't think either will happen....Just hope for a good off season, to shut all the knockers up at the local...and then storm into 2015 and stick it up all of them again.

Cheers and don't worry be happy!!!!!!!.....lol

In the end Quantum showed their true colours by having more passion for Money than Manly and the Penns are mightier then the sword and all the board room bull**** . United Manly here we come to conquer 2015 and beyond . No wonder my mate Zorba was recently smiling like the Cheshire Cat :)

Mark from Brisbane said:
Maybe we shouldn't have an opinion???

Keep our thoughts to ourselves and discuss only issues that relate to on field performances!!

Then nobody can be unhappy about what anyone else says.

The perfect world.

With all the boardroom politics going on these day's I'm totally lost for direction....I'd love to hear Arko's take on all of this....he is one manly legend I truly respect.

Mark from Brisbane said:
If true Mavin is right, the Zorba / Stewart clan run the joint, most of the staff will be sacked, the players aligned will stay, the other side will go, and yes I'd say that means DCE.

As to Toovey, yes I'd say they would want Ha$let back but doesn't he have a contract with the Scumdogs??

Oh yes I remember, contracts mean Fock all

I wonder what staff will go including Gigg and Warwick. Anyone who doesn't like Zorba is Gooooooooooooone

I there needs to be some serious calming down first.

If this brings closure to all the cancerous stuff thats been happening at board level then finally we have closure.

The time has come to unite the club and draw a line in the sand. You are either with the club or you are not!!

All the fans want is a team that has a crack every week and does the jersey proud.

Let the healing begin!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Loobs said:
Will DCE leave? Will Choc leave? Will Des come back? Is Perry gone? Will Zorba become fuhrer?

Can only the people that correctly predicted the buy out answer please.

My answers to the above and purely speculation

DCE.....maybe, and I'd now say the chances are higher than they were before.

Choc....probably not, so the $970K will stand for 2015

De$....the chances will be very high, depending on how rock solid his contract is.

Perry....gone by the end of the week, if not sooner

Zorba......yes, he will be like a pig in mud and will prance around like he's a greek god

And you forgot one....Brett Stewart.....with Barry Stewart the new marketing manager he will stay, sadly Gifty will be gone as they just cannot fit him into the cap UNLESS......oh yes go to point one, get rid of a 24 year old superstar and keep a 31 year old broken down former superstar.....so you never know, the Stewart boys might just finish their days together after all.

Firstly, it was fantastic to actually get some positive news today. About time, after all the negativity lately. Onwards and upwards!

However, can someone please explain - why would the Penns want De$ back? (I'm stunned!) Why wouldn't they want to keep 2V? Why wouldn't they want to keep DCE? IS Barry Stewart really the Marketing Manager?

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm perplexed about all 4!

By the way, amazing how Nine news tonight focuses on Packer buying out Holmes-A-Court 37% share of Souths, yet not one word mentioned about Penn buying out Quantum's 37% share of Manly!

This is just the catalyst for a shake up. What happens next is anyones guess.

This article from the Terrorgraph suggests Toovey may be in danger....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-and-gm-dave-perrys-positions-under-siege-as-part-of-clubs-new-ownership-model/story-fni3fh9n-1227099937067

For everyone saying there is now a chance Gifty will remain at the club, don't bet on it people. Can you really see Souffs giving Manly this? Ha!!! They'd keep him just on principle and to say they got one over Manly (and besides, if it came to it I could see the NRL stepping in and enforcing his contract with the Vermin, that club is the league's golden child right now).

All I hope from this is that the infighting stops and that we don't forsake some of the future or present younger stars (like DCE) from the sake of a couple of ageing, injury prone players who probably have one, maybe two, good seasons left in them at best (just a point, we have played 87 games since the beginning of 2012. Gifty has missed 42 through injury, 20 of them this year. Snake has 'only' missed 25 games and Choc? He's missed 15 games. Note that some of the games Snake and Choc missed were due to Origin and not injury or suspension).

I also hope we keep Tooves as coach. Ok sure, Des has the runs on the board, but Tooves never shat on the club like Des did in the days following the 2011 GF win.

As it is though, Zorba will probably think all of his Christmases have come at once.

Telegraph Sport
Tomorrow's front page... More Sea Eagles drama with Toovey's job now in doubt. Phil Rothfield and Dean Ritchie with the news

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2