Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

So farewell to Toovey / Gigg / Warwick and Perry

So our coach is gone, our football operations manager gone, our gun recruiter gone and our CEO gone

Is that what you want @Harry

Going to be a bit lonely at Narrabeen come the 15th of November

Keep Toovey but get rid of the rest and bring in some young enthusiastic heads and clean out any other dry wood lying around

Rothfield has a hatred towards Geoff for some reason.

He has written a few articles and comments since 2012 about him and all have been filled with hate and rubbish.

Its not surprising that he wants to stick the boot into Geoff again.

There's no way De$ will be coming back, not in the next few years anyway. He just resigned withthe dogs. Plus the way he left us last time (after dealing with Penn) surely one or both would have issues from those negotiations. I know i still do!

AND Geoff has done an amazing job. We lost 5 props for the 2013 season & we still made the grand final (only to get robbed!) and then had 4 of our 6 starting pack out for this year & went down in golden point of a grand final qualifier, after finishing equal first.

Tooves will still be around, that's a given...poor old Dave Perry will be out because he did us all a favour getting rid of zorba. You'd think the Penn's would've been happy with Perry considering how well he has done getting sponsors etc on board and saving then money the last few years. If we are 500,000 down this year, i'd say the weather at brookie keeping the crowd down would have had a bearing on that.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here, i was expecting Brett and Matai to stay anyway so they won't be a shock...i hope Warmough still goes (even though he was one of my favs) or we'll be still having player issues for next year at the least.

DCE is a must.

Can't say i have a great opinion of Penn but he can start changing my mind. And now he can't sit in press conferences anymore slagging off about others not putting in the money (like he did with Delmege).

Time to keep everything inhouse Scott. Please tell zorba too!

Dan said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Penn on BsB

Up next, the boys talk with new majority @SeaEagles owner, Scott Penn.

Penn: Our priority is about getting the right Board, and the footy department extra resources. We're prepared to invest.

Penn: We're seeing the emergence of six clubs in the @NRL that are well resourced. If we want to compete, we need to beef up in that area.

Penn: We need to plan for the future. Fair to say that new people will be brought into the club so that we hold up our end.

Penn on Brookvale: The oval needs significant development and plans are in place to ensure our fortress is world class.

Will add link to podcast when it's up

http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/E40rBD.mp3

I guess I should expect a call from them soon to join the executive team :)

If they offered me a fair salary, I'd actually (and being serious) be prepared to manage the finances (and I tell you what, every penny would be accounted for, and there would be a profit). Not only that, Net Cash After Operations (more importantly) would be monitored and positive. Cash is king as us Bankers say.

Then again, I'm betting Penn would have a PRETTY damned good CFO that would manage his affairs anyway.

manlywarringah said:

He has written a few articles and comments since 2012 about him and all have been filled with hate and rubbish.

There's no way De$ will be coming back, not in the next few years anyway. He just resigned withthe dogs. Plus the way he left us last time (after dealing with Penn) surely one or both would have issues from those negotiations. I know i still do!

AND Geoff has done an amazing job. We lost 5 props for the 2013 season & we still made the grand final (only to get robbed!) and then had 4 of our 6 starting pack out for this year & went down in golden point of a grand final qualifier, after finishing equal first.

Tooves will still be around, that's a given...poor old Dave Perry will be out because he did us all a favour getting rid of zorba. You'd think the Penn's would've been happy with Perry considering how well he has done getting sponsors etc on board and saving then money the last few years. If we are 500,000 down this year, i'd say the weather at brookie keeping the crowd down would have had a bearing on that.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here, i was expecting Brett and Matai to stay anyway so they won't be a shock...i hope Warmough still goes (even though he was one of my favs) or we'll be still having player issues for next year at the least.

DCE is a must.

Can't say i have a great opinion of Penn but he can start changing my mind. And now he can't sit in press conferences anymore slagging off about others not putting in the money (like he did with Delmege).

Time to keep everything inhouse Scott. Please tell zorba too!

Zorba now will be just about running the show at Manly, you won't get rid of him now

Dan said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
For me:
I hope Watmough is still gone in 2015 (sorry Marga) because I think he is a bully and it's a rare workplace that can survive a powerful bully. I also think his departure would help enormously in keeping DCE.

I cannot believe there is any thought of moving Tooves on. They should take off the shackles and let him be his own man. Success would follow very quickly - not that equal first after 26 rounds is not success ... and don't give me that nonsense about finals failure: ya didn't notice the injuries kids?

Dave Warwick should be kept and kept happy.

And finally ... unfortunately ... I think it unlikely that a mega wealthy family is going to spend 6 million buckaroos on getting complete control of their toy and not want ... COMPLETE control of their toy.

Actually, now finally, really. Can anyone think of anything in the world we can do to get Zorba out of the club? Anything? Sheeeesh!

Free Pizza?

Free fridge stocked with pizza and a mobile phone

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

So our coach is gone, our football operations manager gone, our gun recruiter gone and our CEO gone

Keep Toovey but get rid of the rest and bring in some young enthusiastic heads and clean out any other dry wood lying around

Spoken like a true corporate hack , screw the good people lets bring in some 25 year old whizz kids who know fck all.

Warwick considered to be one of the best in the business, but nope fck him off too.

Nice one Harry

manlywarringah said:

Rothfield actually told Toovey a while back that he would 'ruin his career'. The man is scum.

Relax people, the board room battle is over and the victors can place their foes heads on spikes outside of brookie oval and down an hearty ale, and grab the ass of the nearest 'good sort' for a bit of slap and tickle.

Mission accomplished*

(*conditions apply)

Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:

Spoken like a true corporate hack , screw the good people lets bring in some 25 year old whizz kids who know fck all.

Warwick considered to be one of the best in the business, but nope fck him off too.

Nice one Harry

Well he wasn't that good as the Bulldogs didn't want him, he came back with his tail between his legs. He is not a popular person at the club Mark and with a lot of people. I would rather have Cleal back Mate

Just heard that half-time entertainment at Brookie next year will be the screening of: QUANTUM of Solace. Starring PENN. Scott Penn, who likes his Board shaken, and stirred..

The Who said:
Just heard that half-time entertainment at Brookie next year will be the screening of: QUANTUM of Solace. Starring PENN. Scott Penn, who likes his Board shaken, and stirred..

Your Sauce?????

Things mike look glum to some, but hey, at least things aren't THIS bad for us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cPs2SzShNc

Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Harry said:

Nice one Harry

Well he wasn't that good as the Bulldogs didn't want him, he came back with his tail between his legs. He is not a popular person at the club Mark and with a lot of people. I would rather have Cleal back Mate

Noel Cleal and are buddies from junior football , I wouldn't have Cleal back he's a lazy prick. And if you think Warwick came back with his tail between his legs then you know little of the story.

Enjoy your day Harry!

Harry said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Your Sauce?????

Zorba likes BBQ

To be honest Harry, the more I read of your posts the more I wonder if your real name might actually be Peter.

Ryan said:

But the reggae shark is better

http://youtu.be/A3ytTKZf344

Ralphie said:
Harry said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Your Sauce?????

Zorba likes BBQ

To be honest Harry, the more I read of your posts the more I wonder if your real name might actually be Peter.
Lol I am a good observer :cool:

Dan said:
Ryan said:

Lawl, Reggae Shark likes his Gunjah, but you can't light a spliff if your underwater :)

Ryan said:
Dan said:
Ryan said:

Lawl, Reggae Shark likes his Gunjah, but you can't light a spliff if your underwater :)

A friend here in amsterdam posted the video the other day, it's great, one of the best I have seen in ages, that line is hilarious

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8