Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where would DCE go though where a) they can afford him and b) he will have it as good as he does here in terms of quality of team-mates? Canberra? Parra? Please...

Perry has done very well, hope he stays.

Des betrayed the penns too with his double talk about re-signing, so not sure about this speculation they'd have him back.

Anyway now I'm over the shock of it we shall see. Dave Perry is a bloody good operator and it will be a shame to lose him, but he will go, if not from sacking he will walk away, I know him well enough to know the pressure he's been under from the " leak".

As to the rest , well let's just wait and see.

Maybe it will finally stop the " leak" from leaking , if so that would be a positive step.

As to what power ( if any) the Football Club will now have is debatable, that is a bit sad but only time will tell.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penn-family-takes-control-of-manly---your-questions-answered/z8j70tsxcyp91b772iq5tmmap

Ps, people shouldn't confuse quantum's share price with Sidney's private wealth. He could just as easily have bought the penns out from what I hear. I guess it will solve a lot of angst at board level.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penn-family-takes-control-of-manly---your-questions-answered/z8j70tsxcyp91b772iq5tmmap

Well crafted article, slick. I spose it's a good thing if that view of the world comes true. But I feel for Perry.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Anyway now I'm over the shock of it we shall see. Dave Perry is a bloody good operator and it will be a shame to lose him, but he will go, if not from sacking he will walk away, I know him well enough to know the pressure he's been under from the " leak".

As to the rest , well let's just wait and see.

Maybe it will finally stop the " leak" from leaking , if so that would be a positive step.

As to what power ( if any) the Football Club will now have is debatable, that is a bit sad but only time will tell.

Maybe the "leak" won't have anything to pass on if there's a unified board.

manlywarringah said:
I just hope our football club does't suffer the same fate.

Make sure you aren't just a Sea Eagles member, but also a Football Club one as well.

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Some truth and some speculation perhaps.

I'd be interested to hear from Phil Sidney on his decision. I get the sense he's doing it for the betterment of the club going into 2015, perhaps coming to the realisation that the Penns aren't selling up any time soon.

Given the surge in financial confidence in the club on the back of the work by Perry, I will be disappointed if he's a casualty in this.

Here's hoping for the best and keen to hear the initiatives from the Penns that they said would roll out in a few weeks time.

Are we stonger together yet??

This is all very interesting.

Re: DCE, i dont think anyone on the board needs convincing on this kids value. Whether or not there is a good relationship between DCE and the Penn side I feel the Penns would know they need to keep DCE alongside Foz.

Plus DCE from all accounts is good mates with Foz, aside from them being the best halves combo in RL.

I for one am happy about this development. The stalemate at Board level has already cost us one premiership and who knows what might otherwise happen. I agree that Dave Perry is a good operator and it would be sad for him to go, but in every corporate takeover there are casualties. I'm also not happy about Zorba, but Penn is his own man and I don't think Zorba will have that much influence.

I first met Scott Penn in England at the 2009 WCC and spent an hour or so chatting with him over a beer or two (He Shouted). You would not find a more articulate and passionate Manly fan. I have no doubt he has the best interests of the club at heart. He knows this is not about money, he even quoted to me the famous statement from Piggins that anyone who thinks there is money in Rugby League is a fool. He went to school at Manly Boys High and is a life long Manly fan. I have met him a couple of times since then and I have not changed my mind about his motives.

I tend to think anything is better than the current situation - the current board squabbles with players taking sides etc. could not continue if we want any chance of being successful going forward. I dare say we won't agree with every decision made by Penn, but the previous setup was a road to nowhere.

Thehill said:
I tend to think anything is better than the current situation - the current board squabbles with players taking sides etc. could not continue if we want any chance of being successful going forward. I dare say we won't agree with every decision made by Penn, but the previous setup was a road to nowhere.

I agree totally, it cannot be as bad as what we have been going through.

Ange said:
Thehill said:

I agree totally, it cannot be as bad as what we have been going through.

Considering previous board members had AVO's out against each other, I'd also agree...

Berkeley_Eagle said:

This article is just "beating the corporate drum", so you need to take this with a grain of salt BUT it will sort out the board arguments, as they can hardly argue with themselves can they??

The FC is still important as they hold the "preference share" but their importance to business matters I now see at an end, which will make @Matabele extremely happy AND if he lived in Sydney he'd be the one doing handstands down the Corso singing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is dead".

BUT it remains to be seen what the "end game" is and how things will change for fans, maybe I'm looking at this with Rose Coloured glasses but I'm still not 100% convinced a sole ownership plan is the best......just ask the Newcastle fans who are lucky to still have a club.

Its always hard to please 2 masters,so assuming Penns heart is in the right place which I think it is ,its all good .To have one united board that will filter down to one united and successful team is clearly the way to go

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6