Paul Kent in trouble again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Another article up at the SMH. I did not know that the penalties for affray are higher than those for common assault.

Paul Kent charged with affray over late-night brawl

by Chris ("Not Trent") Barrett

Fox Sports co-host and Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent has been charged with affray over a street fight in Sydney’s inner west on Saturday night.

In a statement released on Wednesday, NSW Police said it had charged a 54-year-old man in relation to the brawl.

The rugby league identity had clashed with another man outside a restaurant in Sydney’s inner west. Both men have now been charged with affray by police.

The criminal charge for affray is more serious than common assault and has a maximum jail sentence of 10 years.

“About 11.20pm on Saturday 27 April 2024, two men allegedly engaged in a verbal argument before they became involved in a physical altercation outside a restaurant on Evans Street, Rozelle,” the police statement said.

“Officers attached to Leichhardt Police Area Command were notified and commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

“On Sunday 28 April 2024, a 35-year-old man was charged and remains before the courts. Following further inquiries, a 54-year-old man was arrested at Newtown police station today.

“He was charged with one count of affray. The 54-year-old was granted bail to appear before Downing Centre Local Court on Friday 24 May 2024.”

Vision of the altercation taken on a phone camera and distributed on social media showed Kent accusing another man of making an insulting remark towards him as he walked past Totti’s Restaurant, a venue within the Three Weeds hotel.

Branding the man a “doghead”, he resisted efforts to restrain him, taking off his watch before appearing to shape up to the man and charge at him as he backed away across the street outside the nightspot. As the clash intensified, Kent was shown on the footage to have been hurled head-first into the stump of a roadside tree.

He had been in hospital receiving treatment and having tests on a possible collapsed lung and broken ribs, his lawyer George Elias said on Tuesday.

Kent was on Sunday stood down by employer News Corp from his co-hosting duties on Fox’s flagship NRL 360 program and from his other role writing sports columns for the Daily Telegraph while the media company carried out its own investigation.

He had been drinking at the Sackville Hotel, which is also in Rozelle, since early afternoon on Saturday.

The 35-year-old man who was confronted by Kent and tossed him into the base of the tree was also hurt in the incident.

A photograph of him shows he was left with a huge lump on the back of his head after being tackled into a footpath by a third man, who had initially tried to hold back Kent. He reported suffering episodes of vomiting and a persistent headache as a result of the injury and after being attended to in hospital on Tuesday was told by medical staff he was experiencing symptoms of concussion that were likely to take weeks to improve.

Veteran Sydney criminal defence lawyer Chris Murphy, who is representing the man, said on Tuesday that his client had been out for dinner with his wife and another couple at Totti’s on Saturday night and were about to travel home when the run-in with Kent took place.

Returning to his Lilyfield home on Wednesday with his lawyer George Elias, Kent declined to give his version of events on the weekend.

“I’m not going to tell you, mate. It’s going to court, you’ll get to see all that then,” he told reporters in a video published by the Daily Mail.

“It’s all fine. I’m just getting on with it, getting on with life, going through what has got to be done. I’m disappointed but such is life, mate. Things happen. You get up and go again. Simple as that.”

Asked about the extent of his injuries, he replied with a smile: “A couple of ribs are probably not like they should be. You win them, you wear them, mate, you know what I mean? Such is life, who cares? It’s done. Can’t change it now. All the best.”
Gotta say that while Kenty may have acted like a DH, he appears to be wearing the outcomes of his actions like a f^cking trooper…

A very uncommon approach in today’s “poor me” world… #respect 👏👏

Last edited:
Gotta say that while Kenny may have acted like a DH, he appears to be wearing the outcomes of his actions like a f^cking trooper…

A very uncommon approach in today’s “poor me” world… #respect 👏👏
That's interesting. When someone trips over in front of a crowd of people, the immediate reaction is to get up laughing - it's the 'I don't take myself too seriously' laugh, but what's really fuelling it, is overwhelming embarrassment.

I read Kenty's statement as the verbal equivalent of this laugh, i.e. it's all good mate, these things happen, no big deal...but inside, he'd have to be terribly embarrassed at these turn of events - career in the toilet, a date in court, viral videos, memes, etc. I could be wrong, I am not inside his head, but I imagine he doesn't feel so good right now.

Must admit it was pretty funny to see Kenty upside down with his legs over his head. But turned out pretty serious for the poor bugger, hope he recovers well and good luck finding another job.

That's interesting. When someone trips over in front of a crowd of people, the immediate reaction is to get up laughing - it's the 'I don't take myself too seriously' laugh, but what's really fuelling it, is overwhelming embarrassment.

I read Kenty's statement as the verbal equivalent of this laugh, i.e. it's all good mate, these things happen, no big deal...but inside, he'd have to be terribly embarrassed at these turn of events - career in the toilet, a date in court, viral videos, memes, etc. I could be wrong, I am not inside his head, but I imagine he doesn't feel so good right now.
I’m sure he feels like **** but he is not trying to abrogate blame and he’s not trying to minimise his responsibility… he has basically said “**** happens” and the world would be a better place if more of us could adopt that approach rather than wanting a new rule / law every time we suffer a setback or something/somebody offends our sensibilities…

Must admit it was pretty funny to see Kenty upside down with his legs over his head. But turned out pretty serious for the poor bugger, hope he recovers well and good luck finding another job.
Yeah I do not feel sorry for the bloke as he is generally a bit of a d*ck… as a mate of mine liked to say “he has the kind of head that demands regular panel beating”

pitch perfect middle finger GIF

What chapter of her book covers this?!

LOOK reading all the comments and the video, the younger guys show lots of self control. If I was him I would have stick my finger up his loose arss like Hoppa did. From what I saw he was defending himself from a drunken IDIOT. He could have put kenty koala out cold anytime. Looks like a Ju Jit Zu fighter throwing him like a piece of ****, reason koala didn't passed out because he was off his head but he felt it the next day. Also from the video looks like he was on his own or he's other mates were laughing and didn't even join in. If that was a different group of COWARD Puncher, we'll be talking about his life. AND WHERE THE HELL IS Koalas mate, Looks like there's only 1 the guy in the white T shirt. Keep your mouth shut if UR on your own or less then a group of 3-5 good BANGER specially when UR of your face. Kenny Koala career is over I m 100% sure. Get some MWSagles Legends in there like TOV, Lyons, Menzies, or all of then Manly Legends

I’m sure he feels like ** but he is not trying to abrogate blame and he’s not trying to minimise his responsibility… he has basically said “** happens” and the world would be a better place if more of us could adopt that approach rather than wanting a new rule / law every time we suffer a setback or something/somebody offends our sensibilities…
"**** happens" ???
Of course it does if you go round looking for it to happen.

If Kent had any common sense he would have woken up the next day and showed a little bit of contrition. His sh!t happens narrative only serves to highlight his complete lack of self awareness.

"**** happens" ???
Of course it does if you go round looking for it to happen.
He got pissed and carried on like a goose… not the first, won’t be the last and he got the result he deserved… plenty of us have found ourselves in similar situations at some point of our lives..

At least he is manning up and accepting the outcome of his actions which is more than a lot of people do… now he needs to address his addictions as it is becoming obvious that he is a troubled man…

Another article up at the SMH.
Asked about the extent of his injuries, he replied with a smile: “A couple of ribs are probably not like they should be. You win them, you wear them, mate, you know what I mean? Such is life, who cares? It’s done. Can’t change it now. All the best.”
Thanks for posting @Ron E. Gibbs
The Key Words to Kents remarks are Such is Life, Who cares ?

Such is Life ? Life is what we make of it and Kent has made a fool of him self
Who cares ? A person that has self respect , pride in their conduct and self worth does

This is a very sad attitude from a very arrogant personality
The fact is Kent has tarnished his image and has lost respect for his inappropriate actions and his job

Who Cares ? If Fox Sports Cares about their Integrity standards they would not have Kent back

Last edited:
He got pissed and carried on like a goose… not the first, won’t be the last and he got the result he deserved… plenty of us have found ourselves in similar situations at some point of our lives..

At least he is manning up and accepting the outcome of his actions which is more than a lot of people do… now he needs to address his addictions as it is becoming obvious that he is a troubled man…
I'll agree that he must need help. Most people have worked out by the age of 54 whether they can take a drink or not. He is just playing out his on screen persona of a bully. He's a verbal bully on air and tried to be a physical bully whilst out with his mates. Not good if you're a small man with an over inflated opinion of your fighting ability. Time to grow up and give up drinking altogether if he can't control himself after a couple of shandies.

I'll agree that he must need help. Most people have worked out by the age of 54 whether they can take a drink or not. He is just playing out his on screen persona of a bully. He's a verbal bully on air and tried to be a physical bully whilst out with his mates. Not good if you're a small man with an over inflated opinion of your fighting ability. Time to grow up and give up drinking altogether if he can't control himself after a couple of shandies.
Spot on…

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10