Paul K#nt on MMM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What's wrong with what they said?

X Gorman's failed to secure Brooky funding;
X Gorman's failed to secure the appeal;
X We are paying retired players;
X We've had to release numerous players;
X Players are having punch-ups;
X Players are signing elsewhere (Lane);
X Our performances have been sub-par;
X Our coach is complaining about resources;
X We've screwed up 3rd party arrangements;
X Past legends are calling current players fwits;
X We are signing washed up, has beens;
X We aren't allowed to extend current players;
X We are awfully injured (again);
X Our players laugh, after getting flogged;
X Our football Manager quits;
X No accountability for poor result (on/off field);
X Lussick says management at Manly sucks;
X Communication from the club still stinks;
X There is still a bullying mentality at the club;
X Constant rumoured players wanting out;
X Strippers;
X Disobeying coaches orders while away;
X Illegal Sex tapes;
X Jackson Hastings debacle;
X Reducing membership values;
X Missing the finals again (2 in 3 years);
X Attendance levels dramatically down;
X Releasing Green (who wanted out) no replace;

Should I go on?

The club has never been in such a diseray! I've actually lost interest in the game as a whole this season. The funny part is from ownership, to management, to the coaches and players, no-one seems to give a ****.

That's deplorable culture. MMM are right.
I agree Ryan, but yesterday you were saying that you were positive about the future in another thread?

... and yet, we are still ahead of Doesn'tmatta and the Dogs who have unlimited resources, massive third-party deals, a nursery of juniors . . .
Of course we can't compete with Brisbane and Melbourne, and yet we beat them both.
What chance does a small suburban club with no money and a population of kids who, sensibly, would rather surf than get bashed on the RL field have in a comp which favours one-city clubs?
What is the point of an 'even' salary cap when there is such an uneven spread of third-party agreements?
What is the use of trying to compete when it is clear the NRL is only concerned with western Sydney teams, and the NSW Government is only attuned to the votes of western Sydney?
We may as well give up, like Newtown and Norths did, and turn the entire north side of Sydney Harbour over to rugby union.
At least we'll have our memories of the once great Manly Warringah club.
RIP one of my few true loves.
And the Manly is ahead of the star studded Cowboys :wait:

They also have a player continuing to play whilst his case is heard in a sexual assault crime:cool:

Why is the media not questioning them hourly :rolleyes:

Not sure why Manly's Culture is questioned by BoChoc airing a 7 year old grievance :fubar:

Fainu's lawyer seeking a Section 32 consideration would also be a strategy to prevent a conviction being recorded. Does not mean Manly are to assume that therefore Fainu has a psychological disorder :cool:

Yadda, yadda, yadda Manly :banghead:

... and yet, we are still ahead of Doesn'tmatta and the Dogs who have unlimited resources, massive third-party deals, a nursery of juniors . . .
Of course we can't compete with Brisbane and Melbourne, and yet we beat them both.
What chance does a small suburban club with no money and a population of kids who, sensibly, would rather surf than get bashed on the RL field have in a comp which favours one-city clubs?
What is the point of an 'even' salary cap when there is such an uneven spread of third-party agreements?
What is the use of trying to compete when it is clear the NRL is only concerned with western Sydney teams, and the NSW Government is only attuned to the votes of western Sydney?
We may as well give up, like Newtown and Norths did, and turn the entire north side of Sydney Harbour over to rugby union.
At least we'll have our memories of the once great Manly Warringah club.
RIP one of my few true loves.

But parra and to a slightly lesser degree the dogs have the full support/backing of the nrl, something we are unfortunately not afforded

I agree Ryan, but yesterday you were saying that you were positive about the future in another thread?

It's the only way TO look at it, and remain plugged in, and enjoying the game. You look back, and fans will just start giving up.

We are basically rock bottom.

Given some solid health, some stability with the roster, players who want to be here, I think there is a mountain of potential.

Like I said in that other thread, some astute acquisitions as well.

I'm completely over Gorman telling us what he can't, or won't do (or has failed to do). He then holds a meeting, using wishy washy go nowhere answers that provide 0 insight. I'm surprised The Sharks are still around, given his wins for us so far.

Well highlighted @Ryan.
Paul Kent was right we are a basket case.
When the media chased Gorman up for a comment on Manase Fainu he said he didn't know any details and now we find out this has been known since May....seriously !!
Gorman should have been nipped this in the bud weeks ago.
What about Trent's part in all this as the coach..?..what did he think would happen ?....."we won't tell anyone" ?....."keep it a secret" ?....seriously..!! the man needs a life coach or some thing.
No wonder our culture sucks !
No transparency
No honesty
What should happen with out delay (if it hasn't already) is a club review of its mandate needs to happen or changed and whatever casualties come of it so be it.
Then Gorman or some one needs to man up to the media and show some transparency.

Its been like this for ages, The jurnos and fox hosts, channel 9 etc, creating Manly drama sells, we are a successful side and when we are not winning they all like to have a dig. But this constant bagging our culture and dce's character is a joke. Unless you are involved in the club and the players, and their personal lives you have no right to degrade them, think dce has been very harshly bagged for years , thank god he has great resolve.
Saw Finchy tonight say exactly that about the shiit DCE cops. Especially the character assassination.

On channel 9 this morning they also unloaded on Manly, its culture, its lack of investment by the Penns and how Manly is a basket case.
Yes, I saw that, Andrew Webster & Co.
Wally Lewis stuck up for DCE, though.
Saying he thought the questions the Qld papers were asking him were ridiculous & negative. Lewis thought they could’ve put a positive spin on it.

What's wrong with what they said?

X Gorman's failed to secure Brooky funding;
X Gorman's failed to secure the appeal;
X We are paying retired players;
X We've had to release numerous players;
X Players are having punch-ups;
X Players are signing elsewhere (Lane);
X Our performances have been sub-par;
X Our coach is complaining about resources;
X We've screwed up 3rd party arrangements;
X Past legends are calling current players fwits;
X We are signing washed up, has beens;
X We aren't allowed to extend current players;
X We are awfully injured (again);
X Our players laugh, after getting flogged;
X Our football Manager quits;
X No accountability for poor result (on/off field);
X Lussick says management at Manly sucks;
X Communication from the club still stinks;
X There is still a bullying mentality at the club;
X Constant rumoured players wanting out;
X Strippers;
X Disobeying coaches orders while away;
X Illegal Sex tapes;
X Jackson Hastings debacle;
X Reducing membership values;
X Missing the finals again (2 in 3 years);
X Attendance levels dramatically down;
X Releasing Green (who wanted out) no replace;

Should I go on?

The club has never been in such a diseray! I've actually lost interest in the game as a whole this season. The funny part is from ownership, to management, to the coaches and players, no-one seems to give a ****.

That's deplorable culture. MMM are right.

Hey Ryan, we give a **** on this site, so that's not no one!

I’m confused because I believe the Penns wouldn’t have taken ownership of the club unless they had a genuine love for the place but their silence is deafening. I don’t think the media has any right to continually attack DCE or the players but I’m starting to think the front office is fair game at the moment, as much as I hate them they maybe the only way to fascinate the changes that we need in order to get our club healthy again.

Yes, I saw that, Andrew Webster & Co.
Wally Lewis stuck up for DCE, though.
Saying he thought the questions the Qld papers were asking him were ridiculous & negative. Lewis thought they could’ve put a positive spin on it.
Surely having the King stick up for him has got to pull some weight, especially with the media in Qld. They crap on about player welfare all the time, FMD what about Chez?!! Does Fatty ever come out in support of Manly/DCE????

I’m confused because I believe the Penns wouldn’t have taken ownership of the club unless they had a genuine love for the place but their silence is deafening. I don’t think the media has any right to continually attack DCE or the players but I’m starting to think the front office is fair game at the moment, as much as I hate them they maybe the only way to fascinate the changes that we need in order to get our club healthy again.

I agree

If this was October November and membership renewals were due you may see them acting differently.

Seriously in any other profession you would expect your leaders to stand up in times of crisis, ours hide behind curtains doing nothing.

If this was the Penns main business interest and their personal wealth was on the line they would be fighting tooth and nail but they are just sitting back saying nothing.

It is sad to hear how Corporate and supporter groups like the eagle angels have been treated so poorly ..not even phoning companies back to see why they have pulled their support from the club.

The Penns and co know they have stuffed up and obviously have a hidden agenda but they are unwilling to admit there mistakes and take some accountability of what has happened every since 2V's was sacked.

I finally feel sorry for the genuine people working at the club, whether that be the membership team or corporate sales people who would genuinely love this club but because of the actions of a few are the ones that are copping it for their association with the club.

But parra and to a slightly lesser degree the dogs have the full support/backing of the nrl, something we are unfortunately not afforded
Yes, but both of these clubs are perceived as multi cultural clubs, and as such are afforded much more leniency than a club such as Manly, because in reality no one else gives a rat's ar$e about us except us

Just listened to the MMM discussion & my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Paul Kent sounded like a punch drunk moron who definitely shows his dislike for Manly. He couldn't even string a few sentences together without dribbling!! I do agree that the Manly administration need to wake up & show some leadership in all of this mess the club is in, which to be honest is definitely of their own doing! I also agree about Manase Fainu & his attempt to have the hearing under Section 32....if he's not fit to attend court then he's not fit to play full stop! His criticism of the Manly culture is a bit over the top though. Claiming Manly is a basket case yet no mention of the Bulldogs, Cowboys, Parramatta, Newcastle, Roosters situations. It's OK to have player issues etc.at the other clubs but not Manly!!........All in all some pertinent points but mostly bulls%&t.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8