Paul K#nt on MMM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Kent's speech sounded weird on mmm, he sounded almost like a junkie. He could have taken some opiod pain killer medication or something, That could have clouded his judgment somewhat?. He is kind of right though, the club needs some kind of redemption and soon.

Surely having the King stick up for him has got to pull some weight, especially with the media in Qld. They crap on about player welfare all the time, FMD what about Chez?!! Does Fatty ever come out in support of Manly/DCE????

Yeah Fatty does come out and support Manly and DCE, but when he does its seen as because he's one of us, a Manly premiership captain etc etc. An old boy just backing his old club. Having someone like Lewis come out in support of DCE actually adds more weight then if Fatty had said it.

If King Wally is backing DCE for Qld Origin, then he can't be all bad....right? That's the theory behind it.

As for this thread.....as much as we're giving it to the journos for their continual Manly bashing, the general feeling here seems to be that they aren't all that far wrong in what they are saying. @Ryan pretty much summed it up in his post. Not one of his points could I find argument with.

People are asking why the Cows aren't copping the same treatment? Because they really are only click bait in Qld as well as the "don't bash JT" thing that the media seem to have. Manly the basket case club is click bait across the whole league, from Qld's southern most city (Melbourne), right up the east coast to Townsville and across the ditch to Auckland, as well as anywhere else it may reach.

And when you get every Manly bashing article posted ad nauseam all over social media, including on just about every Manly fan page in Facebook, that just increases the number of clicks which increases revenue which is exactly what they want.

Last edited:
Is this a ‘The truth hurts’ thread? As others have said, much of the damage at Narrabeen is self-inflicted.

If you don’t like Kent and his ilk, don’t read or listen to them. At least whilst they’re criticising Manly.

Life is too short.

Just listened to the MMM discussion & my opinion, for what it's worth, is that Paul Kent sounded like a punch drunk moron who definitely shows his dislike for Manly. He couldn't even string a few sentences together without dribbling!! I do agree that the Manly administration need to wake up & show some leadership in all of this mess the club is in, which to be honest is definitely of their own doing! I also agree about Manase Fainu & his attempt to have the hearing under Section 32....if he's not fit to attend court then he's not fit to play full stop! His criticism of the Manly culture is a bit over the top though. Claiming Manly is a basket case yet no mention of the Bulldogs, Cowboys, Parramatta, Newcastle, Roosters situations. It's OK to have player issues etc.at the other clubs but not Manly!!........All in all some pertinent points but mostly bulls%&t.
Paul kent is a muppet... A couple of weeks ago on NRL360 he acted as if he had some information (as usual) and smugly predicted that with Api getting hurt, TB was going to be forced into picking Jackson Hastings now - but he got shown up as the fool he is... now he has his knives out (again)... the guy hasn't got a clue but pretends to be a journalist by 'reporting' gossip as news... his approach is to throw lots of darts and gloat about the bullseye whilst hoping everyone forgets about all the darts that completely missed the dartboard...

Just wondering if there is anyone one here that actually thinks the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are not an absolute mess?

And I am not talking about onfield, we are doing better there than anywhere else.
My read on this year is that the Franchise is looking at the big picture and they assumed that the daily operations were being managed by those put in charge.

The Bozo rebuild idea was a disaster as the changing Cap rules seemed to have been ignored or unknown.

The off field discipline issues should have been handled by the Football Operatiins man.
It wasn't and the Coach was put in front of a rabbid media.

CEO Gorman needs to lay down the law, we don't need Arko or anyone from a bygone era.

Nothing will change until Manly appoint a 'one voice' front man for the Manly narrative :cool:

Not all doom and gloom, just a lot of static :p

An absolute mess.

No, I don't think so, but I don't wish to try and hold back the oceans by entering into an unending conversation with those who do. Someone else with more energy might though. :)

Last edited:
My read on this year is that the Franchise is looking at the big picture and they assumed that the daily operations were being managed by those put in charge.

The Bozo rebuild idea was a disaster as the changing Cap rules seemed to have been ignored or unknown.

The off field discipline issues should have been handled by the Football Operatiins man.
It wasn't and the Coach was put in front of a rabbid media.

CEO Gorman needs to lay down the law, we don't need Arko or anyone from a bygone era.

Nothing will change until Manly appoint a 'one voice' front man for the Manly narrative :cool:

Not all doom and gloom, just a lot of static :p

So you argree the club is a total mess. :)

If we were sitting 4th on the ladder there would have still been off-field dramas similar to Gladstone, Hastings, DCE bagging and now this rookie bloke. The media would still be running us into the ground as it's their hobby.
If people think the off-field dramas wouldn't be happening if we were higher on the ladder, you're kidding yourself. They might be slightly different but they'd be there. It's not okay for our club by any means but these dramas would be happening right across the league in all clubs.
Like all of us on here I can't stand this season.
For the media our season has them in a frenzy of delight.
Manly have a uphill battle. It needs to be fixed from within but I really don't care what any of News Ltd, agenda driven morons have to say.
As people have mentioned, objective journalism would be highlighting the poor seasons of the eels, cows and dogs as well as us. What about publishing the advantages that clubs like Brisbane, Melbourne and the Roosters have this competition? Maybe even offering suggestions and how to create a fairer competition? As for Greenberg, if your head looks like a knob and you never admit you're wrong or that there's any sort of issues in the game, then there's a pretty good chance you're a giant narcissistic knob.
#talkupthegamebutbagManly

Just wondering if there is anyone one here that actually thinks the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are not an absolute mess?

And I am not talking about onfield, we are doing better there than anywhere else.
You must have missed the Kool-Aid when it was getting passed around post Penn buy out. The one owner model was supposed to be the way forward, get rid of the interfering and obstructive second owner, get rid of the irrelevant and vindictive Football Club. All rainbows and unicorns from here on in my friend.

You must have missed the Kool-Aid when it was getting passed around post Penn buy out. The one owner model was supposed to be the way forward, get rid of the interfering and obstructive second owner, get rid of the irrelevant and vindictive Football Club. All rainbows and unicorns from here on in my friend.

And I am sure under the right business model we would be fine and still can be.

I prefer the Crowe method. Aimed at a premiership and delivered it. That said it was a rough ride early too.

What's wrong with what they said?

X Gorman's failed to secure Brooky funding;
X Gorman's failed to secure the appeal;
X We are paying retired players;
X We've had to release numerous players;
X Players are having punch-ups;
X Players are signing elsewhere (Lane);
X Our performances have been sub-par;
X Our coach is complaining about resources;
X We've screwed up 3rd party arrangements;
X Past legends are calling current players fwits;
X We are signing washed up, has beens;
X We aren't allowed to extend current players;
X We are awfully injured (again);
X Our players laugh, after getting flogged;
X Our football Manager quits;
X No accountability for poor result (on/off field);
X Lussick says management at Manly sucks;
X Communication from the club still stinks;
X There is still a bullying mentality at the club;
X Constant rumoured players wanting out;
X Strippers;
X Disobeying coaches orders while away;
X Illegal Sex tapes;
X Jackson Hastings debacle;
X Reducing membership values;
X Missing the finals again (2 in 3 years);
X Attendance levels dramatically down;
X Releasing Green (who wanted out) no replace;

Should I go on?

The club has never been in such a diseray! I've actually lost interest in the game as a whole this season. The funny part is from ownership, to management, to the coaches and players, no-one seems to give a ****.

That's deplorable culture. MMM are right.

A well compiled and comprehensive list old mate ....

Given that litany of dramas over the past years.... tell me young Ryan ...... how many coaches in your experience would have kept it together, with the dignity and class of Barrett ..... have remained and kept DCE and the team positive throughout the countless media bombardments ....

We are lucky to have this bloke ...... he is of far greater character than the numpties ...

Last edited:
Well said Paunchie !!!

36730190_2177138935848971_8497484858312884224_n.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11