Pat Condell, hello angry Christians

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan - I studied physics @ school for my HSC. I know that doesn't lend enough information regarding this argument, so I pulled most of the information from the net mate.

Also, if you read the bible - you'd know that Jesus said to his disciples when asking them to spread the word that those who have actually heard the word of God, yet still forsakes it with this knowledge, will be judged accordingly.

Dan - I studied physics @ school for my HSC. I know that doesn't lend enough information regarding this argument, so I pulled most of the information from the net mate.

Also, if you read the bible - you'd know that Jesus said to his disciples when asking them to spread the word that those who have actually heard the word of God, yet still forsakes it with this knowledge, will be judged accordingly.

He allegedly said Ryan. This is the first problem, what proof do you have that such a man existed and such events actually took place, after all they are all metaphors, and stories are they not?

and in much the same vein, the law says I will be arreted for J-walking, yet i do it. You do it!

There are numerous other laws and silly laws out there that you do not fear, yet this old book...that's sacred.

I guess at least you and nuding up stays with the old testament a bit!

He allegedly said Ryan. This is the first problem, what proof do you have that such a man existed and such events actually took place, after all they are all metaphors, and stories are they not?

What proof have you got that your great, great grandfather existed?

Or Isaac Newton?

Or Atilla the Hun?

[quote author=Dan]

Or Isaac Newton?

Or Atilla the Hun?

[/quote]

1 - I fail to see how that is relevant
2 - No-one is questioning their existence
3 - That has nothing to do with the existence of the "characters" in the bible

your reachiing mate you really are.

Diversion once again is not proof

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]

Or Isaac Newton?

Or Atilla the Hun?

[/quote]

1 - I fail to see how that is relevant
2 - No-one is questioning their existence
3 - That has nothing to do with the existence of the "characters" in the bible

your reachiing mate you really are.

Diversion once again is not proof

[/quote]

They are all historical figures are they not? One rule for one and one rule for the rest?

No not at all.

You see records were not accurately kept at the time the alleged "jesus" character and the bible was created, neither kahn.

However accurate records including were kept for more recent ones, the registry of births deaths and marriages for one, as well as many many more

Your argument still holds no relevance for it is Jesus and the alleged events that is in question, which really pre-date accurate history

[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

I have read it in a book that has been accepted by millions and millions of people around the world, and not scientifically dis proven yet.

You still haven't answered which event sparked the 1st motion in energy Dan.
You say to us to prove the existence of God.
On the flipside - I challenge you to come up with tangible evidence as to why God doesn't exist.

No not at all.

You see records were not accurately kept at the time the alleged \"jesus\" character and the bible was created, neither kahn.

However accurate records including were kept for more recent ones, the registry of births deaths and marriages for one, as well as many many more

Your argument still holds no relevance for it is Jesus and the alleged events that is in question, which really pre-date accurate history

So you scrub Socrates, Plato, all the Caesers, Aristotle etc etc etc?

And what prey tell is your dividing line for where "accurate history" begins? :stupid:

No not at all.

You see records were not accurately kept at the time the alleged \"jesus\" character and the bible was created, neither kahn.

Actually I think there were some pretty accurate records of Jesus. After all it was at the time of the Romans who were very organised.
Also the Jews have a record of him too, and they know how to keep a record of things-you don't get so many 'begats' otherwise.

Whether he was anything more than a carpenter and a good bloke is another question though.

I have a problem with mortallity. My lovelly Aunt said it was because I'm not right with God. She's probably right, and that's unfortunate.
Ryan: I know this is a late reply, but this comment reminded me of something... We've had the 'misfortune' to have had three deaths in Amy's family in the last three months. I remember being at the graveyard the second time (this was for the wife of the man who had passed away three weeks prior). Anyway, the one person that showed no sadness was her sister. This sister is a very devout Catholic and in her mind, she knew that Carrie had gone to a better place.

It really made me rethink what it was that I believed and how it is that I should be reacting to death, when given such concrete proof that it is possible to actually be so sure in your own faith... even when you're putting the body of your dead sister in a hole in the ground to rot. It definitely made dealing with the third funeral easier for me (especially seeing as that one was a total shock to the entire Island, basically).

Actually I think there were some pretty accurate records of Jesus. After all it was at the time of the Romans who were very organised.
Also the Jews have a record of him too, and they know how to keep a record of things-you don't get so many 'begats' otherwise.
I am sure you are right Gronk. To say that there is no evidence for the existence of Jesus borders on the incredulous.

Dan has done Year 10 Scripture though lads! :naughty:

Who are we to question the boundaries of his immense wisdom (and immortality).

[quote author=Dan]
No not at all.

And what prey tell is your dividing line for where "accurate history" begins? :stupid:
[/quote]

Apparently according to Dan science has uncovered everything known to man...

No disrespect to Dan here, but I can't see how he can viably say it is narrow minded or whatever he wants to say about people who believe in God, yet NOT believing in the way he does paints him in exactly the same light as he is brushing everyone else with.

What's good for the goose mate, should be good for the gander.

And it doesn't matter what answer you provide me - whatever you write directly labels you in the same way.

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Dan]
No not at all.

[/quote]

Apparently according to Dan science has uncovered everything known to man...
[/quote]

Ryan, you misunderstand everything I say.

Can you please tell me what my argument against religion and blind belief is?

[quote author=Matabele]

No disrespect to Dan here, but I can't see how he can viably say it is narrow minded or whatever he wants to say about people who believe in God, yet NOT believing in the way he does paints him in exactly the same light as he is brushing everyone else with.

What's good for the goose mate, should be good for the gander.

And it doesn't matter what answer you provide me - whatever you write directly labels you in the same way.
[/quote]

As above you have misunderstood my argument against God or religion, simply by saying "Or whatever he wants to say" shows you never actually read and understood what i am saying.

Please, tell me what you understand my argument to be

[quote author=Dan]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

I have read it in a book that has been accepted by millions and millions of people around the world, and not scientifically dis proven yet.

[/quote]

Oh so that makes it true?

Millions believe in Scientology and a book called "Dianetics" does that make it true?

Religion is the perfect business plan because it seems to offer an answer and comforting solution to a problem every single person has!

Mass belief is quite easily explained, all of us have to face death and most of us have soem sort of fear of death, this is where Religion comes in to sell it to us.

It is just one of those evolutionary memes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6