Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker was super in the first 15m in, running through Gagai with powerful charges.
Unfortunately Gagai got his own back when it counted.
Parker is a good technical tackler with anyone who runs straight, but add some footwork and he struggles
Still giving his all and playing ok, nothing more - nothing less
Very un Parker like missing 5 tackles, everyone has an off day. No better game to prove yourself, than playing against the Premiers.

36... with a tackle efficiency of 76%.... Lawton against the bunnies made 43 tackles with 96%.

Kelma and Haumole made 32 with 88%. Jake 49 with 96%. Incredible from Jake.

So Croker in for his defence but it was poor. Not sure if he's carrying an injury still but if he is he should sit it out.

Usually you will find Croker is the highest tackler and close the the highest efficiency. That 78% for his last game was most atypical for Croker. If you check, the first two games he played this year he had 60 tackles and his tackle efficiency was 96.8%. I'm not wrapped in him as a hooker, but he's by far the best defender along with Jake in the club.

36... with a tackle efficiency of 76%.... Lawton against the bunnies made 43 tackles with 96%.

Kelma and Haumole made 32 with 88%. Jake 49 with 96%. Incredible from Jake.

So Croker in for his defence but it was poor. Not sure if he's carrying an injury still but if he is he should sit it out.
He got a stinger during the game so I think he’s got ongoing shoulder issues.

Very un Parker like missing 5 tackles, everyone has an off day. No better game to prove yourself, than playing against the Premiers.
Firstly let me say that I admire Parker for his commitment and 100 percent effort
Parker seems like a good guy, He is a great role model and Team player but his lack of speed and flair against strike cantres gets him into strife

The fact is Parker is safe when the defence is compressed but one on one against the speedsters he comes second best as there is no Saabstitute for speed

When we played the Benchmark Panthers last season Parker again totally Missed the mark
against the agile and speedy Chrichton who have him a bath

NRL FOX ....
Cooper Cronk believes Crichton was the difference between the sides after he dominated his opposite Brad Parker.
“Stephen Crichton gave Parker an absolute bathing in the first half,” Cronk said.

Every season every club improves their roaster to go one better the next season
We need a better centre pairing than Parker and Harper to go one better in 2023

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2017__06__rubber_duck_floating_bathtub-1d067fedb3864156a5e9eeee6056646a.jpg

Firstly let me say that I admire Parker for his commitment and 100 percent effort
Parker seems like a good guy, He is a great role model and Team player but his lack of speed and flair against strike cantres gets him into strife

The fact is Parker is safe when the defence is compressed but one on one against the speedsters he comes second best as there is no Saabstitute for speed

When we played the Benchmark Panthers last season Parker again totally Missed the mark
against the agile and speedy Chrichton who have him a bath

NRL FOX ....
Cooper Cronk believes Crichton was the difference between the sides after he dominated his opposite Brad Parker.
“Stephen Crichton gave Parker an absolute bathing in the first half,” Cronk said.

Every season every club improves their roaster to go one better the next season
We need a better centre pairing than Parker and Harper to go one better in 2023

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2017__06__rubber_duck_floating_bathtub-1d067fedb3864156a5e9eeee6056646a.jpg
Hi Bozo, A lot of what you say is true on players blessed with speed and what they can do on a footy field. Sure, Parks has never been in this category but makes up for this in other ways, solid must make tackles runs good attacking lines and does the tough carry's coming of our line. We have Koula as our speed merchant, and Parker as Mr dependable, even though Parker wasn't so dependable on the weekend.

Usually you will find Croker is the highest tackler and close the the highest efficiency. That 78% for his last game was most atypical for Croker. If you check, the first two games he played this year he had 60 tackles and his tackle efficiency was 96.8%. I'm not wrapped in him as a hooker, but he's by far the best defender along with Jake in the club.
Not disputing it.. just stating he was poor. I was speculating whether he may have been injured.. if he was he should have left Kaeo on as he was killing it

Not disputing it.. just stating he was poor. I was speculating whether he may have been injured.. if he was he should have left Kaeo on as he was killing it

Agreed. I think the coach is poorly using Weekes. He would have been far more effective at 5/8 or centre. Not sure why they arent using this kid's obvious speed and agility. He's not a hooker, though I dont doubt he can handle the role well. I just think he's best suited where there is space to use his talents. It would be like using Turbo as a lock. He'd do it well I suspect but would be far less effective. Same applies to Weekes at hooker

Maybe Seibold is trying to ease Weekes into first grade without knocking his confidence too much?? Its very easy as a rookie to go in, make a bunch of errors and have it knock your confidence, especially when the digital media is scrutinising just about every move made on the field.

Seibold doesn't seem to see him as a three quarter though.

He first went with Burbo to cover the loss of Tuipulotu (after basically having him train all pre-season as a back rower), then went with the injured Tuipulotu to replace the injured Burbo. All with Weekes sitting fresh as a daisy on the bench.

If he was going to play centre or wing for Manly, it would have happened at least when Burbo went down injured.

When it comes down to it, unless Tuipulotu is ruled out with that knee, I expect us to line up 1–5 this Saturday evening how we lined up Saturday against Newcastle (Schuster is scheduled to return at 6). The other change would be to the bench as Burbo did his hammy and is out (maybe he needs a trip to Philly.....:wondering:).

Late changes not withstanding of course.

In fact, Shoe in for Johns and probably Lawton in for Burbo are the only changes I think will be made to this week's side.

Was clear to me he thought the knights would be vulnerable through the middle which is why they kept him in reserve.

While I like lawton he does not offer the same spark at 9 coming off the bench - until the coming og GKT i am going to guess he sees Kao as the 9 and that his value there out weighs what he can do in other spots

I hope you're right Holden and I can see the logic there. However I suspect the kid would do just fine at centre or even on the wing.
I agree. I think he would make a great centre and add another x factor tot he backline which we current lack without koula. His defence may be suspect but if hes happy to use him at hooker.. dont see what the issue is. As a half... he may be a bit like Jamie Lyon.. with the extra set of skills at centre.

When it comes down to it, unless Tuipulotu is ruled out with that knee, I expect us to line up 1–5 this Saturday evening how we lined up Saturday against Newcastle (Schuster is scheduled to return at 6). The other change would be to the bench as Burbo did his hammy and is out (maybe he needs a trip to Philly.....:wondering:).

Late changes not withstanding of course.

In fact, Shoe in for Johns and probably Lawton in for Burbo are the only changes I think will be made to this week's side.
Tippytoes won't play this week. His injury looked serious.
We have serious deficiencies in our backline whenever one of the regulars is injured. Weekes is good, but is he a centre or a winger?

Yeah Parker is good value (especially because his job isnt neccessarily to dominate)

But with Seibold the other blatant mistake was moving jake to prop but playing him for 80-90 minutes at prop. The whole point of ever shifting him was to give him some breaks. Jake does his best but this is just disguising his old role in a worse way. It’s also going to wear him out even more with an expectation for more hitups.

The last few weeks he’s played 90 mins, 82 mins, 80 mins and 80 mins all @ prop

Is that unheard of? Seems stupid imo
Those are Lazarus-like minutes

Seibold doesn't seem to see him as a three quarter though.

He first went with Burbo to cover the loss of Tuipulotu (after basically having him train all pre-season as a back rower), then went with the injured Tuipulotu to replace the injured Burbo. All with Weekes sitting fresh as a daisy on the bench.

If he was going to play centre or wing for Manly, it would have happened at least when Burbo went down injured.

I accept what you're saying but I dont understand the logic. Weekes has been training as a replacement full back and he played much of his junior games there. He's also played five eighth. Winger is not so very different from full back. Both have to return the ball from kicks, have to take high kicks from the opposition, have to be pretty decent positional players. Centre again is not very different. All those positions require speed, creativity, evasiveness and we've seen him display those qualities. Hooker is nothing like those roles. So why on Earth would Seibs not see him suited to those roles? That's not a go at you Holden, its questioning Seib's logic. Its like he's stereotyped players into set positions and wont see beyond that intransigence. Maybe I'm misreading this, but I'm having a Hasler/Barrett moment, I suspect

Last edited:
Tippytoes won't play this week. His injury looked serious.
We have serious deficiencies in our backline whenever one of the regulars is injured. Weekes is good, but is he a centre or a winger?

Seibold may be forced to use Weekes as a centre or winger this week, but given that he first went with Burbo on Saturday to replace Tuipuloto, then went with Tuipuloto to replace burbo all while Weekes was fresh on the bench suggests that our coach doesn't see Kaeo as a three quarter.

The reality is Harper will be chosen again this week.
Winger to replace Tui will be interesting.
Weekes could easily play winger.

Lawton back to 14.

So why on Earth would Seibs not see him suited to those roles?

Perhaps he does ... but he may just feel that he is more important to the team balance at the moment being at #14 ... especially given he had a first grade centre in Harper available ... his choice was the logical one ...

Wonder if coaching staff will ever consider switching Parker to right side. He could tighten up that edge defensively, bringing Tui/Saab along with his leadership and communication. Meanwhile, left centre could be easier to handle for a Weekes/Meyers with the usually solid Garrick outside. In attack too, Parker's line running would help DCE and Guac, creating space for Saab. And on the left, Weekes outside Schuster could be quite devastating for the opposition, possibly swapping at first receiver to create different shapes, etc. Also, when Koula comes back, we will have developed depth and versatility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4