Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's round 6 and teams have figured us out already. We can't defend against early set shifts. Parramatta almost beat us doing it, and so did Newcastle. I think its safe to say it will be much more of the same from Bellamy's boys

It's round 6 and teams have figured us out already. We can't defend against early set shifts. Parramatta almost beat us doing it, and so did Newcastle. I think its safe to say it will be much more of the same from Bellamy's boys
Yeah and we've all been seeing it for the last couple of years yet here we are still with the same sh*t doing the same shiithouse things. When are those in charge going to wake up and get rid of these non performers. Go find some 16 yr old clones of the best centers and have some persistence with them. Stop persisting with fuking failures.

Yeah and we've all been seeing it for the last couple of years yet here we are still with the same sh*t doing the same shiithouse things. When are those in charge going to wake up and get rid of these non performers. Go find some 16 yr old clones of the best centers and have some persistence with them. Stop persisting with fuking failures.
Mate, I think your giving the people in charge to much credit. And I'm not talking about the coaches

You do not need 17 superstars to win a premiership, there will be average players in the team - but there is a significant difference between an average player and a liability. Those two are not average - they are in fact liabilities that detract from the rest of the team.

I think Harper and Parker are c.60% of the current issues we have. It’s incredibly difficult for our top players to perform, and remain motivated, when they have centres in Parker and Harper continuously leaking line breaks and subsequent points. NRL is such a momentum game - our top players burnt so much energy in defence during first 15 minutes of the game yesterday because of the defensive issues created by those two. You also have other players having to overcompensate because they have so little confidence in those two, creating further holes in the defence.

Perhaps a boat is a good analogy - regardless of how good a ship is (ie. the other 15 players), if a ship has two holes it will sink, or it will at least occupy the time of other people who are constantly trying to plug those holes.

Who would be the slowest - Parker or Harper? atleast you would have enough time to get another beer before the race finished.
Really hope Myers develops and makes the jump to 1st grade next year.
Also, of interest will be to see if Feledy now playing for the tigers makes 1st grade next year.

The garbage that Parks cops on here is a contributing factor for me walking away from the game. Parks is old school and everything I grew up loving about RL. Now he gets poo pooed bcos he’s not an athletic specimen. He doesn’t run 100m in sub 10s. We push so far for athletes and their bodies aren’t coping. Depressing indeed.

Depends on whether you watch to enjoy your team competing and winning. I did not enjoy the game yesterday at all it was painful to watch. I don’t want to keep doing that because our selectors keep choosing players because they are good guys and try hard. I know many players were off yesterday including some of our well paid stars.

At full strength we can maybe afford to carry one of these guys in our side (what I like to call a "squadie" ) but having them both in at once is a recipe for disaster!

And by one I mean Parker not Harper - he is done I am afraid!
Harper should not be near first grade imo. And I’ve held that view for sone time now.

Parker has in the past been sound defensively, but other than running good decoy lines and occasional first man lines for tries close to the line, offers little in attack. From what I’ve seen so far this year his defence has been impacted significantly from the inside. Tualagi is terrible defensively and he’s played 3/5 games with different 6s, who let’s be honest none of which are good defensively. In fact Weekes and Johns are awful defensively and Schu not a lot better. What I’m trying to say is I’m less worried about Parks individually as opposed to Harper. And I feel he’s often let down by his inside players.

I can say one thing about Parker and that he seems to have a no idiot policy. I like that. This team has no more room for idiots and I have been sick and tired of the ones we have had that have contributed absolutely nothing but trouble at a huge cost. Parker can be frustrating to watch at times but I believe his ticker is all good. I hope there will be a place for him somewhere in the team. I find it hard to say a bad word about him so he must mean something .

I've suggested that Parker would make a handy lock because theres no question that he can tackle and defend. Its just that he's probably lost a bit of speed and that playing in the middle of the park might suit him more. Although as someone else mentioned, the amount of concussions he has had might make it a bit hard. I still rate him as an utility of sorts but less so as a centre.

Last edited:
Who would be the slowest - Parker or Harper? atleast you would have enough time to get another beer before the race finished.
Really hope Myers develops and makes the jump to 1st grade next year.
Also, of interest will be to see if Feledy now playing for the tigers makes 1st grade next year.
Myers - why next year? Plenty of young players his age already in 1st grade at other clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6