Oust Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Someone needs to start something to hopefully oust Greenberg. I wanna start a petition.
I think a petition could start the whole process?
I’m willing to do it but I’m really not great with words and writing especially while I’m drinking up a storm in Bali.
I need someone to hopefully help out with wording and also more with what needs to be said.

This is what I have started with.
Yeah I know it’s crap but this is why I’ve come to you guys. Please help and let’s get rid of this slime bag before he ruins our great game.

Todd Greenberg has ruined the game of Rugby league in Australia from the top level right down to junior grades.
Todd Greenberg seems to have an agenda against some clubs and an agender against certain players.

Todd Greenberg has brought the game to it knees and we the people have to stamp it out before our great game is ruined.

He made huge mistakes as the CEO of the Bulldogs and now is doing the same as the sole decision maker of the NRL at large.

I am happy to create it myself but just a bit of help.

If you think it’s not worth it well all cool

Cheers and Let’s go Manly

Yeah good luck with that, a petition lol

I was thinking that a coordinated boycott of fans attending a round of matches would be the most effective (to be known as the #sacktoddround) but then I realised that (a) parra and Souths fans would stuff up which round to boycott and (b) hardly anyone turns up anyway.

A noble thought but little chance of happening.

He and Beatnik have a lovely little Dictatorship going and a fan petition will just be laughed off like they laugh off the attacks on social media.

They are a law unto themselves.

I was thinking that a coordinated boycott of fans attending a round of matches would be the most effective (to be known as the #sacktoddround) but then I realised that (a) parra and Souths fans would stuff up which round to boycott and (b) hardly anyone turns up anyway.

The magic round in brisvegas would be awesome if no one turned up. lol

stomach-flu-memes-2.jpg

Greenberg on 100% Footy last night essentially said in 5 years time we will have expanded - whether that means relocation or the addition of two new teams is the question.

From my perspective relocation doesn’t work, while the pool of talent would be stretched I think it would eventually compliment the competition if the game has the correct player development processes in place.

They could relocate all the NSW and QLD teams to Victoria and Tasmania, make it completely non contact and call it Niceball.....

Speaking on Nine’s 100% Footy, the NRL chief insisted the game had to be “brave enough to change” and have an “adult conversation” about the very real possibility of a vastly different looking league within five years.

"If we’re going to grow we’ve got to change," Greenberg said.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fec413e13-5e3e-4d20-8ae9-f0d8a40e5696

Todd Greenberg speaks on 100% Footy (Nine)
“We need to play in more areas. The more areas you play in the more times you expose new people to the game, the more the game is going to grow.

“Whether it be expansion, or it could mean are we prepared to look at the geography and footprint of the sport?

Greenberg floats idea of relocation
00:46

“I’m not sure if we’re going to have more teams, and if we have more teams we have to have, in my view, two more because we've got to create another game. Do we have the depth of talent to bring two more teams in? I’m not sure if i can answer that question.”

"And if it is the same number of 16, are they going to be in different parts of the country? I think to extract more value, they're going to have to be."

Greenberg hailed the decision to play an Origin fixture in Perth this season and hinted at a possible relocation plan in Brisbane that he claimed, along with other possibilities, was an avenue that was “open in my book” ahead of his submission to the ARLC in the next 12 months.

“Why don’t we play more games in Perth? Is Brisbane ready for a game every weekend, not every second?”

“That either means another team in Brisbane, or we’re going to move someone to Brisbane, we’re going to open up a new franchise in Brisbane – these are all open questions in my book at the moment and I’m going to have to answer them in the next 12 months.

Greenberg also conceded that keeping children participating in traditional rugby league was the most pressing issue facing the game, and argued the league had to consider amalgamating non-contact versions of the game into its youth programs.

“It’s a massive challenge for us keeping kids, boys and girls, playing traditional rugby league,” he said.

“Onto of that we have this unbelievable opportunity for non-contact versions of rugby league.

“There are 600,00 boys and girls who play touch footy, in five years if I crystal ball it, it will be a million.

“They’re non-contact versions of the sport, they’re all parts of the base (of rugby league) so we have to be very open on our strategy around participation and getting as many people to play as we can.”

Epansion theory just like big stadium theory is flawed and driven by the hope of attracting more corporate dollars which it won’t. In reality it’s not relocation at all but rather eradication and replacement hoping the new teams will attract sponsors and supporters. A tree without a root system will fall over.

He should be gone based on the no fault policy

Rugby league hasn’t asked to be ****ed but toddy won’t stop ****ing it
And on video! If there's video circulating of someone ****ing they get stood down. Todd's turn.:giggle:
Off you go baldy!

Greenberg on 100% Footy last night essentially said in 5 years time we will have expanded - whether that means relocation or the addition of two new teams is the question.

From my perspective relocation doesn’t work, while the pool of talent would be stretched I think it would eventually compliment the competition if the game has the correct player development processes in place.

Great point Mitch. Why does there need to be the radical changes he espouses. Destroy the base of fans for what? Why is the expansion of the game a necessity?

It seemed pretty clear to me the relocation of 2 teams is their option. Even Gould pushed that view and preference in the summary. Of course Reed put Manly on the top of the list.

So let’s think about the term financially viable teams. Manly is privately owned and their is no talk of us being bankrupt. We apparently have other investors keenly interested. So how exactly are we not financially viable as long as owners are happy to stump up any shortfalls. There are no bailouts anymore from the NRL, and we were never any of the bailout options which would suggest we are more financially viable than many other clubs.

If they want to expand into Brisbane and Perth, fine by me, but don’t use a bull**** argument that it must be through relocation. What the hell is the criteria and metrics they have in mind exactly.

And whilst Toddy is grappling with what the criteria and metrics might look like, here’s a thought. First teams to go are those that have brought the most disgrace upon the game by rorting the salary cap in order of magnitude. How about they then move Melbourne, Parra, Cronulla and Canterbury on that criteria to maintain the integrity of the game. I’d like to add Easts, but of course they have never stooped that low.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8