Our most underrated players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glenn Stewart

He may have played origin but always out of position or off the bench, he was always used poorly in rep games because Gallen wore his number

Completely mismanaged

Brett was treated much the same at rep level. That SOO game where Brett was named at starting NSW fullback then Bellamy switched him for Gidley and hardly gave Brett any game time (if any?) was imo the worst decision ever made by a rep coach.

Brett was treated much the same at rep level. That SOO game where Brett was named at starting NSW fullback then Bellamy switched him for Gidley and hardly gave Brett any game time (if any?) was imo the worst decision ever made by a rep coach.

He got out coached by Meninga and Hagan

Without Smith and Cronk he's a fraud

Anyone who allows Gidley a run I the sky blue should be tried for high treason and blasphemy

He got out coached by Meninga and Hagan

Without Smith and Cronk he's a fraud

Anyone who allows Gidley a run I the sky blue should be tried for high treason and blasphemy
In my opinion, the same could be said about Meninga. Take Hagan out of the coaching equation and see how good a coach Meninga is.

James Hassoooon, you bastards never gave this top class international prop his due.

I mean how could you get to play for Scotland and not be in the run on side every week!

Fair dinkum!

Yes.

Norm Pounder, Ed Whiley, David Knox, John Bucknell, Rob Cameron...(much more 1960s than the 1973 side I know).

Watching Tennant in the 1968 semis and GF, you realise that he was probably unlucky not to play for Australia.

Along with Souths' (and later Manly's) Bob Moses.
Ah, Norm Pounder, I met him at the Roosters game when he signed me up for the Men of League

Just listening to talking sport and heard that an old prop of ours Ian baker died two days ago. Was more a underrated roosters player than us but still pulled on the maroon and white for a season so respect for that.
RIP Ian.

In all honesty alot of these players, even the ones i mentioned didn't have long careers. Haggett, dunford and shaw were not around that long ( underrated ) yes but imagine what some could have done had they been around longer . Stuart the bug davis was in our great 87 victory but injuries and whatever didn't last long after that . A very slight man but i wonder how he would of went in today's game . The great mal Cochrane had a fair 86 and a great 87 but injuries again killed him if you know what i mean and basically that was the end of him . A crying shame , All underrated but what could have been.

Magilla Thompson. Part of our great 78 team. I think he played for the Kangaroos but perhaps isn't highly rated. He also was CEO in our darkest period and paved the way for our resurrection as a premiership force. As I went to most of the matches in 1978, I used to love watching the late Rick Chisholm in the lower grades. A brilliant player who was hampered by his personal demons.

Sad news about Ian Baker. He was a prop for us in the first match I went to in 1975 against the Roosters. Unusually for a prop he was a handy goalkicker.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8