Our most underrated players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Alan Thompson.
Yes he played for his state and country but he truly was a great player.
Could play centre or 5/8 but as a 5/8 he was brilliant.
Owen Cunningham.
Got a game for qld or maybe 2 but gave everything each time he played.
Ian Martin as well was one of the toughest players we have had. Played for NSW but should've gone higher. He had that unique bump of defenders that he used to great effect.
Loved those players.
Bring on some more...

Jug head was awesome!

Boxy and Hall in recent years were great for us and underrated, that last run by hall in the 2008 grand final that busted through and got bell over for his try was a great example of what he did over many years.

I'll never forget the game of the walking wounded at Brookie either that saw the whole bench injured it was either boxy or Hall who took the hitup off a kickoff literally hobbling, his leg was gone yet he took it up as hard as he could.

We have had some cracking forwards who were under rated but had massive work rates and the hearts of lions.

Some very good local products in that list, Terry. Do you recall the 1973 Manly reserve Grade team premiers and featuring some of your listed players there ?

Tom Mooney. Ross Windshuttle. Stuart Davis. Alec Tennant. Simon Booth. Craig Hancock. Michael Robertson. Wayne Springall. Lindsay Drake. Mark Willoughby. Daryl Pierce. Gary Thoroughgood. Michael Blake. Glenn Ryan. Mal Cochrane...

....when do you want me to stop?
Reality is that only a handfull are annointed by the Media/Selectors as 'stars'.
The majority of players are only cherished by the Fans of their respective Clubs.

That's why I miss the days when we could watch all 3 grades play at Brookie each week. Now we miss out on seeing everyone outside of the 17 picked for NRL :(

Menzies by other fans , Lyons made him look good apparently. His punishing defence wasn't noticed at all by many even the commentators. I'd see him smash a front rower and wait for something to be said but it rarely happened. Especially in his early years .
Without having to use his shoulder too

Reality is that only a handfull are annointed by the Media/Selectors as 'stars'.
The majority of players are only cherished by the Fans of their respective Clubs.

That's why I miss the days when we could watch all 3 grades play at Brookie each week. Now we miss out on seeing everyone outside of the 17 picked for NRL :(

I remember rushing to brookie, I mean lottoland with my dad back in the early 90's to make sure we caught the reggies , it was such a big part of watching the culture of the club and the game

Menzies by other fans , Lyons made him look good apparently. His punishing defence wasn't noticed at all by many even the commentators. I'd see him smash a front rower and wait for something to be said but it rarely happened. Especially in his early years .
Yes.

Norm Pounder, Ed Whiley, David Knox, John Bucknell, Rob Cameron...(much more 1960s than the 1973 side I know).

Watching Tennant in the 1968 semis and GF, you realise that he was probably unlucky not to play for Australia.

Along with Souths' (and later Manly's) Bob Moses.

Glenn Stewart

He may have played origin but always out of position or off the bench, he was always used poorly in rep games because Gallen wore his number

Completely mismanaged

Tom Mooney. Ross Windshuttle. Stuart Davis. Alec Tennant. Simon Booth. Craig Hancock. Michael Robertson. Wayne Springall. Lindsay Drake. Mark Willoughby. Daryl Pierce. Gary Thoroughgood. Michael Blake. Glenn Ryan. Mal Cochrane...

....when do you want me to stop?
Glowhead Ryan should've played for NSW.
For those who missed him see Jake T.
His hammies ruined him from memory.

Rambo Gibbs.
Julius Sumner Miller couldn't explain to me why it was so that he didn't represent his state at a time when we were crying out for tough forwards just like him.
I think they were gun shy of the damage Rambo would do.

The mule was the best.....it is a shame his son is playing for the knights

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10