Other Games [Round 22, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Finally, a last minute tipping change worked for me (changed to the Roosters).

Reading the thread, sounds like some rubbish refereeing going on. though, unless it's controversial it wont get mentioned by Annesley.

If it is controversial he either says refs got it right but we can all have different opinions, or
the ref got it wrong ~shrugs~ but even players make mistakes.

~end recording~

The laughable part is when a player does make his first grade debut with the Chooks, their fans claim them as a local junior even if said player was poached as a 17 or 18 year old from another club and made his Chooks debut less than 12 months later.
There’s more than a few on here who do the same thing, re: Manly players.

Like that old chestnut, that Foran is a Manly junior, rather than a Norrh Sydney one. Because you know, Asquith teams play in the Manly competition and Norths don’t have a first grade side anymore.

Or something.

Finally, a last minute tipping change worked for me (changed to the Roosters).

Reading the thread, sounds like some rubbish refereeing going on. though, unless it's controversial it wont get mentioned by Annesley.

If it is controversial he either says refs got it right but we can all have different opinions, or
the ref got it wrong ~shrugs~ but even players make mistakes.

~end recording~
Nor in the Herald. League journo Nicolussi was too busy talking about Paul Green and figuratively hosing a few Goosters’ players at the same time, to mention any dodgy refereeing.

Last edited:
I guess it's an 'other game' as Aust v Arg are playing a rugby test...

I forgot how frustrating a game it is to watch. I quite enjoyed it in years gone past but this is a whole lot of nothing followed by a penalty that the commentators never know what it's for.

(plus Arg are winning)

Souffs were treading water until...they get their marquee fullback back.
Put a fit, refreshed Turbo in our side and...we too trouble the better teams.
Agree but we still don't have the forwards to take on the better sides, in fact it's usually Turbo who does a lot of the work of the forwards while they stand back looking on, we need a pack that's prepared to get in and mix it with the opposition regardless of who they are

Faders and Goons not interested in tackling. Both games will be touch footy today and no team with anything to play for. Another Sunday arvo Ch Nein scheduling farce. They seem experts at putting sh*t teams on at 4pm Sunday lately.

Faders and Goons not interested in tackling. Both games will be touch footy today and no team with anything to play for. Another Sunday arvo Ch Nein scheduling farce. They seem experts at putting sh*t teams on at 4pm Sunday lately.
I think in reality they probably pay big dollars for SOO and to be the sole broadcaster for the GF, with Fox paying the big $$$ to chose what they want to broadcast exclusively live.

I think in reality they probably pay big dollars for SOO and to be the sole broadcaster for the GF, with Fox paying the big $$$ to chose what they want to broadcast exclusively live.
Maybe it's because the NRL only have about 6 decent teams. The rest are average rubbish.

Maybe it's because the NRL only have about 6 decent teams. The rest are average rubbish.
It’ll be worse next year and even worse again when they bring in 18.

You know I hate to say it but I think Super League may have been right.

12 teams

All play each other twice

And a second tier where the winner is elevated to the 12th spot and the wooden spoon winner relegated to the second tier.

Imagine the competition then to not run last !!

It’ll be worse next year and even worse again when they bring in 18.

You know I hate to say it but I think Super League may have been right.

12 teams

All play each other twice

And a second tier where the winner is elevated to the 12th spot and the wooden spoon winner relegated to the second tier.

Imagine the competition then to not run last !!
Yeah, I also love the idea of this model. It makes sense and improves the attractiveness across the NRL

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8