Other games - Round 18, 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Was happy to wake up and see the raiders won (for the tipping comp).

Umm'ed and ah'ed over it as the bookies had the sharks as favs and had beaten the raiders something like 5 times in a row. Still thought Raiders were in with a shot.

broncs v wests are another 50/50 one I think.

The silly outrage that the Storm and Knights jersey were too similar/white is just typical. No one had any problem in the late 1970s & early 80s when Manly played the Dogs or Dragons.

The Knights did that to us at least 3 times when we played them.

Halted our momentum on tackle 2, rucking it out from our line.

Bending of the rules, at best.
They must have hired someone from the Eels they have set the bar high for gaming the HIA rules.

They must have hired someone from the Eels they have set the bar high for gaming the HIA rules.

Yes, I distinctly recall Tim Mannah suffering a mysterious head knock every week, always around the 20 minute mark.

Quite remarkable really.

Yes, I distinctly recall Tim Mannah suffering a mysterious head knock every week, always around the 20 minute mark.

Quite remarkable really.
And Semi grabbing his neck almost EVERY time he gets tackled.

The silly outrage that the Storm and Knights jersey were too similar/white is just typical. No one had any problem in the late 1970s & early 80s when Manly played the Dogs or Dragons.

That was one of our greatest victories. 12 men for 3/4 of the game. 18-7 penalties against us. A dog's team full of Hughes and Mortimer's at Belmore in pouring rain. Such a gutsy win.

Even with Penrith missing Cleary and Luai, the Warriors are going to need a lot of luck to win today.

Kikau charging down a kick then going on to score is not the luck the Warriors would be looking for.

People should just be thankful we even have games to watch. Last year was bad enough with Covid. This current NSW outbreak could easily have stopped the competition cold with the majority of teams based in Sydney.

Blocker's getting his held up's and set restart's mixed up. That kick was on the 5th.
Old Blocker is a worry, he called a tackle high because he heard it not becausehe saw it, lol, and then the bunker clears it, Voss and Blocker are

But it was a man's game back then, people didn't bitch about little things that didn't count, they knew what they're team colours were and concentrated more on the struggle on the paddock, the direction V'landys has it going will likely see the players wearing panty hose and matching eye liner

And just to add about the white jumper problem.....

The actual issue was that in their haste to pack up and move north, the Knights just plain forgot to pack their normal red and blue jumpers. Otherwise there wouldn't have even been a clash of jumper, which actually seems to have been the biggest clash of the night given that Melbourne had basically another training run.....

I swear, those complaining about it would have had apoplexy in the days of black and white in often less than standard def.

Warriors acquired so many mid contract players in a desperate bid to improve / win, and their form, results and effort show this strategy doesn't necessarily work.

I'm so proud of our club's, grow from within strategy.

Talking about guys like Addin Fonua-Blake, Chad Townsend, Reece Walsh, Dallin Watane-Zelezniak & Matt Lodge.

They've won 2 of their last 11 games this season !

I hope Crusher, S Fulton, K Fulton, Des & the acquisition / retention staff stay the course, we are seeing the results.

And just to add about the white jumper problem.....

The actual issue was that in their haste to pack up and move north, the Knights just plain forgot to pack their normal red and blue jumpers. Otherwise there wouldn't have even been a clash of jumper, which actually seems to have been the biggest clash of the night given that Melbourne had basically another training run.....

I swear, those complaining about it would have had apoplexy in the days of black and white in often less than standard def.
Not to mention the muddy and bloody grounds of the old SCG, Cumberland oval and Brooky with jerseys more brown than anything.

Warriors acquired so many mid contract players in a desperate bid to improve / win, and their form, results and effort show this strategy doesn't necessarily work.

Talking about guys like Addin Fonua-Blake, Chad Townsend, Reece Walsh, Dallin Watane-Zelezniak & Matt Lodge.

I hope Crusher, S Fulton, K Fulton, Des & the acquisition / retention staff stay the course, we are seeing the results.

If they didn't lose RTS early this game could be different.

Of course, it could also be a complete blowout by now if Cleary and Luai were out there.....

The Warriors have never really seemed to have too much of a strategy when it comes to recruitment. Part of that is that is their best players go to Australia when they are young and not much goes the other way. They are always scrapping.

But, the proof will be in the pudding next year for their current approach. Walsh goes alright and will need to in order to cover RTS leaving. AFB and Lodge are very solid when fit.

They deserve a bit of luck with injuries too. Not to mention to train and play at 'home'.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8