Other Games [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
About the only thing Kobe Hetherington could have done to avoid Harawira-Naera was to call for Scotty to beam him up.

The guy was literally in mid-air after being clipped down low. How is that a send-off???
And when you consider Proctors shot in the tits game only gets a penalty ........WTF was he supose to do .... unbelievable
Glad it wasn't us playing

And when you consider Proctors shot in the tits game only gets a penalty ........WTF was he supose to do .... unbelievable
Glad it wasn't us playing

I think what it really does show is that even the referees have no idea what should be a send-off, what should be a sin-bin, what should be at least a penalty ... and what should just be let play on.

No one knows who is Arthur or Martha or which way is up right now. V'Landys and the Commission have opened a massive can of worms that they've misplaced the lid to.

I have to give Kobe Hetherington credit for not arguing too much. But far out, that was a terrible, terrible decision.

It was Perenara in the box for the Titans game and Matt Noyen for the Broncos game.

They use 5 video refs a round, why can't they have the same guy in the box for all games? Or at least 2 on a game on game off basis. Just under 11 hours of footy a week, can't be too onerous. Maybe that is the way to get the consistency.

I think what it really does show is that even the referees have no idea what should be a send-off, what should be a sin-bin, what should be at least a penalty ... and what should just be let play on.

No one knows who is Arthur or Martha or which way is up right now. V'Landys and the Commission have opened a massive can of worms that they've misplaced the lid to.
But they were pretty consistent over the first 3 weeks of the crackdown. Then they went all limp at SOO, with PVL saying that the decisions in that game were correct, that the players have now adjusted and they have got the thuggery out of the game. PVL will probably come out tomorrow and say that the decision for Hetherington to be sent off was correct.

I have to give Kobe Hetherington credit for not arguing too much. But far out, that was a terrible, terrible decision.

It was Perenara in the box for the Titans game and Matt Noyen for the Broncos game.

They use 5 video refs a round, why can't they have the same guy in the box for all games? Or at least 2 on a game on game off basis. Just under 11 hours of footy a week, can't be too onerous. Maybe that is the way to get the consistency.

BTW, look who the referee was on the Gold Coast this afternoon.

The same fool we had to suffer in Newcastle.

Home Team Cummins.

Any wonder Proctor wasn't sent or even binned?

BTW, look who the referee was on the Gold Coast this afternoon.

The same fool we had to suffer in Newcastle.

Home Team Cummins.

Any wonder Proctor wasn't sent or even binned?
A few years ago, Des referred to him as "Marginal Ben Cummins". I don't think he is marginal now...

A few years ago, Des referred to him as "Marginal Ben Cummins". I don't think he is marginal now...

Cummins is an idgit.

That send off was embarrassing. It's not even 10 in the bin.

10 in the bin would have been the better option. But a send-off was a 100% overreaction.

Still, it wouldn't have made much difference in the end. Brisbane were never going to win that game.

Cronulla skipper Wade Graham is set to take a four-week hiatius from the game as he deals with the consequences of repeated concussion.

Another bullshiit high contact penalty. Curran snaps him 12 inches off the ground, Storm player fall into Warriors at shoulder height. A lot like Hetheringtons last night, which the MRC gave him a monetary fine only. Chris Sutton should be a touch judge and nothing else, as the touchies have fuk all input these days (forward passes! Haha).

Another bullshiit high contact penalty. Curran snaps him 12 inches off the ground, Storm player fall into Warriors at shoulder height. A lot like Hetheringtons last night, which the MRC gave him a monetary fine only. Chris Sutton should be a touch judge and nothing else, as the touchies have fuk all input these days (forward passes! Haha).
A number of players put on report by the bunker but no going back for the penalties, so we've changed the rules have we NRL

I believe Arthur is coaching the worms although I hear that Martha is being considered as his replacement

They fined Hethrington $1500. I don't know what for or how they got to $1500. Shouldn;t the send off and 20 minutes of missing game time be penalty sufficient?

If its $1500 for the tackle, then the NRL needs to publicly apologise to the player for his being sent off, the club for playing with 12 men for 20 minutes and the permanent reputational damage on his career record.

They seem to have ignored that he was penalised by being sent off.

Name Kobe Hetherington
Club Broncos
Time Minute of Match 60th
Charge/Incident High tackle - careless
Charge Grade1
7yrs incident free for discount No
Base penalty for charge $1500
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading) 0
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 years (20% loading) 0
Carry-over points N/A
Early plea points$1150
Guilty at panel points $1500
Misconduct on whom?Corey Harawira-Naera

Last edited:
Haven't watched the game but heard Munster on report for kicking again ?
He is not a grub at all is he ?

yup (i posted in the cross forum thread)

on report
2 penalties
1 set re-start

all in 40 mins.

And ye... grub begat grub who begat grub

I'm still waiting to find out if the players actually pay these fines or is it simple lip service from the NRL.
You can't tell me any player would be happy to pay out $1500 for such non-event issues.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6