Other Games [Round 14, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Merritt is a good call too, although I rate Johnson more than Merritt. All three of them (Blacklock, Merritt and Johnson) are guys you'd love to cheer for on your team.

If only they'd played for Manly lol

No one liked Snoz when he was at St George. And Killer was once a Parramatta player and certainly no favourite of Manly fans.

Some more than others, but a player will always be more popular around here when he plays in the maroon and white.

That would be interesting to do without any bias ... rank the NRL referees.
Agree. The funny thing is, how HQ rank them is different to the fans. E.g., Gavin Badger. Just seems like a really good bloke who loves footy and doesn't make it about him.

No one liked Snoz when he was at St George. And Killer was once a Parramatta player and certainly no favourite of Manly fans.

Some more than others, but a player will always be more popular around here when he plays in the maroon and white.
That's implicit. But as I get older, I can appreciate players from other teams more and more. I like watching Paps, AJ, Brimson even though they don't play for us.

Agree. The funny thing is, how HQ rank them is different to the fans. E.g., Gavin Badger. Just seems like a really good bloke who loves footy and doesn't make it about him.

The old Sutton cartel. If you're not in with them, good luck getting anything more than NRL club games. Kiss their butt's and you'll be doing Origin's or Grand Finals before you know it.

I thought we made a play for Alex, when south’s didn’t want him, their bloody fans new how valuable he was, petitioned the club to keep him and they did, otherwise he might of come over to us, anyway not to worry we found a Saab.

I thought we made a play for Alex, when south’s didn’t want him, their bloody fans new how valuable he was, petitioned the club to keep him and they did, otherwise he might of come over to us, anyway not to worry we found a Saab.
Saab has turned out to be good. If we could get 120 tries out of him in the next 8 years I won't be unhappy!

Last edited:
That's implicit. But as I get older, I can appreciate players from other teams more and more. I like watching Paps, AJ, Brimson even though they don't play for us.

I respect the abilities of players at other clubs. That doesn't mean I have to like them lol. And I'll admit to a soft spot for former Sea Eagles who went on to other clubs for one reason or another. I could never hate players like Fatty, Rowdy, Ridgey, Spud or Gifty.

Dom Young for the Knights may be a very tall winger like Jason Saab (at 200cm, he's actually 1cm taller - he's the one with dreadlocks out on the Knights left), but that chase on Mitchell showed he's nowhere near as fast as the Volvo. He didn't make a yard on Latrell.

Young is actually a Pom.

Dom Young for the Knights may be a very tall winger like Jason Saab (at 200cm, he's actually 1cm taller - he's the one with dreadlocks out on the Knights left), but that chase on Mitchell showed he's nowhere near as fast as the Volvo. He didn't make a yard on Latrell.

Young is actually a Pom.
Played alright from what I saw

I believe Melbourne were chasing him at the time as well

I respect the abilities of players at other clubs. That doesn't mean I have to like them lol. And I'll admit to a soft spot for former Sea Eagles who went on to other clubs for one reason or another. I could never hate players like Fatty, Rowdy, Ridgey, Spud or Gifty.
For me the exception is Gutherson, not only has he gone to the team I hate the most but he's turned into the biggest show pony in the game, I've gone from loving the bloke when he was with us to absolute dislike, but that's just me🙂

For me the exception is Gutherson, not only has he gone to the team I hate the most but he's turned into the biggest show pony in the game, I've gone from loving the bloke when he was with us to absolute dislike, but that's just me🙂
Me too…

About the only thing Kobe Hetherington could have done to avoid Harawira-Naera was to call for Scotty to beam him up.

The guy was literally in mid-air after being clipped down low. How is that a send-off???

About the only thing Kobe Hetherington could have done to avoid Harawira-Naera was to call for Scotty to beam him up.

The guy was literally in mid-air after being clipped down low. How is that a send-off???
Wouldn’t have anything to do with his surname? Shocking call.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4