Other Games [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
good footy game, second half was really absorbing as they got into the grind for nearly all of it

very few errors gifting the other team valuable possession as they played with patience until the sevo brain fart

telling plays were the decoys of nelson, and munster not going to him and grant stealing the game as everyone had eyes on the field goal set up

dislike both teams but a bit jealous at then same time. its a long season but both looked capable of doing enough for long enough, even with disruption

come on new coach hope. we probably have more footy in us but need to be a winning positions enough to capitalise

good footy game, second half was really absorbing as they got into the grind for nearly all of it

very few errors gifting the other team valuable possession as they played with patience until the sevo brain fart

telling plays were the decoys of nelson, and munster not going to him and grant stealing the game as everyone had eyes on the field goal set up

dislike both teams but a bit jealous at then same time. its a long season but both looked capable of doing enough for long enough, even with disruption

come on new coach hope. we probably have more footy in us but need to be a winning positions enough to capitalise
Yep, agree with your summation of the game jbbj, but gezz..the Melb Storm are the architects and masters of the 3 man slow motion grapple tackle, as a spectator it's painful to watch. When will the ref's start to clamp down on this..ugh!!

Am I missing something here, both teams looked pretty flat in attack to me
Round 1 the attack was clearly not the focus and was mostly simple.
But I was impressed with the defence, especially Storm, sprinting up on pretty much every play, even big Nelson harassing field goal kickers till the end. No idea if it is a fitness thing or just a matter of being drilled into them. Probably the latter actually.
Even with a lot of new players Storm will be hard to score against this year. Probably the Eels mostly too

Yep, agree with your summation of the game jbbj, but gezz..the Melb Storm are the architects and masters of the 3 man slow motion grapple tackle, as a spectator it's painful to watch. When will the ref's start to clamp down on this..ugh!!
the lack of tackling in the game as apposed to holding has been a gradual deterioration of the sport. its not even about the ref calling held, its how long they allow players to have the hands all over the ball afterwards. this is the ref clampdown i would support

there is less physical reason to hang on as they are upright, but the game and the refs allow it. and some teams just push it more

Last edited:
also i support the extra j for jibberer in my namey thing. might have to keep it if you dont mind. its your IP

Must say the Donkeys v the Choccy Soldiers will be interesting tonight , for a few reasons.

1) are the Panfers as good as they were without some of their stars ??

2) how will Marty go in new colours ( assume he’s on the bench ).

Must say the Donkeys v the Choccy Soldiers will be interesting tonight , for a few reasons.

1) are the Panfers as good as they were without some of their stars ??

2) how will Marty go in new colours ( assume he’s on the bench ).
Marty will have no place to hide in front of a pact out Penrith park, so looking forward to this game.

I admire the Melbourne Storm for its recruitment and ability to improve a player. Forget te crap you read about Easts being the masters of recruitment; they only poach proven first graders who, we are laughingly told, will take less money to live in the most expensive property market in Australia.
Easts also claim to bring youngsters into grade, but these kids -- and their parents -- are lured from other regions/states/countries by money. Easts can spend all they want on them, flying them in and out of Sydney, putting them up in quality accommodation near Bondi Beach, promising their parents perks and the kids a career after football . . .
But Melbourne has an eye for talent. About the only established star it has signed that I can think of in its current line-up is Coates. Yet luring talent from NZ rugby, or Queensland Cup continues to pay dividends. Storm also loses established stars; Easts never seems to.
You don't have to like the Storm, but since they were busted for rorting the salary cap I think they are relying on their smart recruitment to get them success. Easts are the exact opposite.

I admire the Melbourne Storm for its recruitment and ability to improve a player. Forget te crap you read about Easts being the masters of recruitment; they only poach proven first graders who, we are laughingly told, will take less money to live in the most expensive property market in Australia.
Easts also claim to bring youngsters into grade, but these kids -- and their parents -- are lured from other regions/states/countries by money. Easts can spend all they want on them, flying them in and out of Sydney, putting them up in quality accommodation near Bondi Beach, promising their parents perks and the kids a career after football . . .
But Melbourne has an eye for talent. About the only established star it has signed that I can think of in its current line-up is Coates. Yet luring talent from NZ rugby, or Queensland Cup continues to pay dividends. Storm also loses established stars; Easts never seems to.
You don't have to like the Storm, but since they were busted for rorting the salary cap I think they are relying on their smart recruitment to get them success. Easts are the exact opposite.
I had the displeasure ( no really it was an eye opener) of taking a Broncos corporate group down to Melbourne for a State of Origin then 2 days later , an NRL game and part of the program put together by the Broncos was a tour of their facilities and a talk from some of their key people. Remember these were sponsors , and I think the Broncos do the same for the Storm group when they go north.

Their facilities are 7 star.

The support team , enormous , probably 120 staff.

Their training program , exacting , constantly we heard about “ the system” this system is designed to build a team around 3-4 players with every one knowing their exact part and doing it the same , week in , week out.

The training drills I saw were players practicing in groups of 3 or 4 ( backs separated from forwards ) and if they got something wrong , they did it again , and again I til they were able to do it every single time.

Can’t stand the pricks , but god damn their system works.

Warriors in a close game vs knights first up tonight

Then Panthers by 14 they will be a team with a point to prove.

Flanno doing colour commentary for Warriors game. Tell me he's not in Wellington?

I had the displeasure ( no really it was an eye opener) of taking a Broncos corporate group down to Melbourne for a State of Origin then 2 days later , an NRL game and part of the program put together by the Broncos was a tour of their facilities and a talk from some of their key people. Remember these were sponsors , and I think the Broncos do the same for the Storm group when they go north.

Their facilities are 7 star.

The support team , enormous , probably 120 staff.

Their training program , exacting , constantly we heard about “ the system” this system is designed to build a team around 3-4 players with every one knowing their exact part and doing it the same , week in , week out.

The training drills I saw were players practicing in groups of 3 or 4 ( backs separated from forwards ) and if they got something wrong , they did it again , and again I til they were able to do it every single time.

Can’t stand the pricks , but god damn their system works.
Have to consider that back then , on top of the grant from the NRL they were funded by the other clubs at about 5 million per year due to the super league merger agreement. Some serious coin back then in the early days

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8