Other Games [Round 1, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now we going to have a weekend of Broncos,Broncos media wank up here
Oh **** that’s something to look forward to isn’t it!

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Hasnt this Soni Luke made an impact from dummy half for Penrith
Not sold on this Kenny at 9 and API could be a Massive loss

They played very well

But I think it was Staggs that said this in post game interview

“For those that were writing us off, yeah nah we showed youse we ain’t gonna win muffin this year”

I think Shakespeare would struggle to express himself better

It's too early to write Penrith off. With 13 members of their squad playing in the World Cup & with the WCC, maybe pre-season preparations haven't been ideal. It may be a slow start to the season. However, elite players like Api & Kikau are irreplacable and also Taylan May will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Clipboards are tapping and pencils are scratching in a corporate box at Leichhardt Oval this afternoon, as a group of scouts from the English SuperLeague watch Wests Tigers play the Gold Coast Titans.

The Advocate understands that nine different representatives from the English Super League and several others from Japanese Rugby have arrived at the suburban ground, all with the view to boost their rosters with some C-grade NRL talent, hopefully for a bargain price.

With two bottom of the ladder teams battling it out in a round one blockbuster, officials say today’s game is an exciting opportunity to uncover the next big star of English footy and potentially the next winner of the ‘Man of Steel’ award.

“Oh it’s great to be here, we’ll certainly come away with the names and Instagram details of a few desperate players who are ready to enter the true twilight of their career,” said one scout from the Catalan Dragons.

“We’re looking for the next James Maloney or Glenn Stewart, the kind of player that is keen to park up in the south of France, drink wine and play a few games of bush league level footy a few times a year.”

Desperate to move on some ageing and slowing players who’d be far more suited to the nursing home speed of the SuperLeague, the NRL says it’s done everything it can to lure some scouts from across the world for the clash.

“We’ve got a packed house, we’ve even given free tickets to some Japanese Rugby scouts from the Yokohama Canon Eagles and the Tokyo Black Rams,” said Jason Murray, Head of the NRL’s Player Retirement division.

“We wish we could just ship both teams and their basketcase clubs to the SuperLeague if I’m honest, but it’d get way too political with the Dolphins now in the mix.”

“Whoever scores the first try in today’s game could win themselves a contract with the Warrington Wolves, it’s a high stakes match this one!”

The knights will be kicking themselves they didn't get Garrick, the sevens player, who is fantastic in attack, and I just can't think of his name, was caught out defensively badly on the line last night.

All games so far have been close with the result in the balance right to the end. Are they being managed, are teams evenly matched, is this the new era. The IC and the netwoks want tries, entertainment Highlight rather than contests

hope our game isnt touch footy.

I think the matchups have been handpicked for close exciting round 1 games, except for Chooks of course (and Saints, no one is bad enough to be a match for them so by default they got the bye.)

I think the matchups have been handpicked for close exciting round 1 games, except for Chooks of course (and Saints, no one is bad enough to be a match for them so by default they got the bye.)
probably
we have a day game which suits us .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7