Origin II - 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We need attackers and creators.
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. S Crighton
5. Lomax
6. Luai
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Api
10. Haas
11. Martin
12. Olakau'atu
13. Yeo

14. McInnes
15. A Crighton
16. Kolamatangi
17. Paseka

Now many will ??? Paseka but we need meter eaters and he's been one of the best this year. We also need offloads and Paulo is the best at them. Olakau'atu isn't a bench , we need immediate impact and I think Moses could give him the room he needs.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
State of Origin QLD Maroons Logo.jpg

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. S Crighton
5. Lomax
6. Luai
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Api
10. Haas
11. Martin
12. Olakau'atu
13. Yeo

14. McInnes
15. A Crighton
16. Kolamatangi
17. Paseka

Now many will ??? Paseka but we need meter eaters and he's been one of the best this year. We also need offloads and Paulo is the best at them. Olakau'atu isn't a bench , we need immediate impact and I think Moses could give him the room he needs.
Koloamatangi has been a bit meh this year and Leniu had a big impact in game 1 that's the only selection I'd push back on.

If Cam Murray is fit I'd consider him over McInnes as well.

Otherwise love it.

Uk eagle

Bencher
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. S Crighton
5. Lomax
6. Luai
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Api
10. Haas
11. Martin
12. Olakau'atu
13. Yeo

14. McInnes
15. A Crighton
16. Kolamatangi
17. Paseka

Drop the captain?

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know Latrell is not the fittest and centre probably suits in Origin, though the more times he is involved the better a team looks, his bombs were good against the Tits.

I would consider playing him at fullback or 5/8, he is a skilful player with size who can bust tackles.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would make two changes in the halves, Moses and Katoa in for Luai and Hynes.

Keep Robson at nine and have Blake Brailey on the pine.

Uk eagle

Bencher
Would never have picked Jake in 1st place. He's not up to the pace. Yes I forgot Leniu yes over Koloamatangi.
It would be a big call to drop him after the fanfare when he was picked. Jake is not the reason the blues lost. He should be picked and play 60-80 minutes. If Sual'ii doesn't get sent off that was probably the plan. The problem in game 1 was being a man short Jake doesn't have the mobility to cover more ground quickly enough but with a full complement he shores up the middle.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Clock’s not ticking on Trbojevic’s captaincy despite limited Origin I game-time​

Michael Maguire has moved to explain why NSW skipper Jake Trbojevic was restricted to playing just 29 minutes in Wednesday night’s State of Origin opener.

Maguire came in for criticism over his use of the Manly workhorse in the Blues’ 38-10 defeat, while questions have been asked over whether Maguire should persevere with Trbojevic for the must-win game two at the MCG on June 26.

Darryl Brohman was one of many commentators confused by Trbojevic’s limited minutes, telling 2GB’s Continuous Call team on Wednesday: “He’s the captain, he’s the leader, he’s the one ... when you’re in dire straits like they were, he’s the one you look up to. [Maguire] takes him off after 25 minutes and puts him on with four minutes to go? What’s going on there?

“The question now is whether he can possibly even be in the team next time, or whether he’s captain. If he’s going to be captain, give him some time on the field.”

Maguire explained that after Joseph Suaalii was sent off in the seventh minute, he was forced to use just two middle forwards rather than three.

Haumole Olakau’atu and Cam McInnes spent time in the middle and back row, Hudson Young and Angus Crichton shuffled between the centres, while Spencer Leniu and Payne Haas played big minutes because of their potency in attack.

A head injury assessment for Leniu early in the second half also disrupted the bench rotation.

Trbojevic, who can only play in the middle, was meant to return for the final 20 minutes, but Maguire and his team were unable to inject him back into the action until there were only four minutes remaining.

Maguire would not guarantee any player their spot for game two, but Blues sources not authorised to speak publicly confirmed to this masthead Trbojevic would skipper the side again.

As for how Trbojevic was used – or not used – at Accor Stadium, Maguire told this masthead: “The original plan for Jake was to go back on with 20 to go and get us home. We needed to keep plugging our edges. There’s nothing else to it. Apparently, there has been a pile-on with Jake.

Jake Trbojevic looks on from the bench during Origin I.

Jake Trbojevic looks on from the bench during Origin I

“Hudson Young had to play a different role, Angus Crichton had to play a different role. Jake plugs up the middle defensively, which then gives you better field position, but at the time we needed to go after points. With Jake, he just needs to play good footy. I told all the players to go back and play good footy for your clubs. That’s why I picked them all in the first place.”

Manly stand to be the biggest beneficiaries of Trbojevic’s limited game time. The Sea Eagles’ Origin trio of Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans and Olakau’atu will back up against premiers Penrith on Sunday.

Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold did not want to comment on Trbojevic’s game time for the Blues, and said: “Having four days between Origin and a Sunday game has been good, and last year we didn’t get that luxury. We’ve only seen the boys for the first time this morning [Saturday], they had a few days off.

“It would be selfish of us to think the three of them need to come back from Origin and lead us – we’ve prepared so Reuben Garrick, Josh Aloiai and Luke Brooks, there’s an opportunity for those three guys in particular to step up and lead.”

Penrith’s own Origin contingent of Isaah Yeo, Jarome Luai and Brian To’o are expected to play, but Liam Martin is out after suffering a foot injury on Wednesday night.

Coach Ivan Cleary backed Martin and Dylan Edwards, a late withdrawal from Origin I because of a quad strain, to be available for NSW come game two.

It’s nothing too long-term [for Martin] I don’t think, he was just a bit sore coming out of the other night. He should be fine [for Origin II],” Cleary said on Saturday. “Dyl has had a couple of runs since it happened and, again, it’s not a serious injury but the timing wasn’t great.

“In terms of risk factor, the Blues they probably had to make that call but Dyl will definitely be fit for game two and he’ll be right to go for us next week.”

Meanwhile, winger Zac Lomax was not charged by the NRL’s match review committee for collecting Wests Tigers’ winger Solomon Alaimalo, despite being placed on report during St George Illawarra’s 56-14 win on Friday night.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fukoff Slater. Commented "I don't like watching that incident on Walsh" "mums and dads don't want to see that "like it's the worst deliberate act in the world. I wonder if the little grub cu*t likes the mums and dads watching all the deliberate studs up efforts into people's heads during his career. Fuking moroon hypocrite.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Given all the ins and outs due to injury and suspension that we know of so far.....

This would be my NSW team for Game 2:

Tedesco, Lomax, Mitchell, Crichton, To'o, Burton, Luai, Trbojevic (c), Koroisau, Haas, Barnett, Crichton, Yeo.
Bench - Robson, Leniu, McInnes, Koloamatangi.

And for Qld.....the same team as game 1

Walsh, Coates, Holmes, Tabuai-Fidow, Tualagi, Deardon, Cherry-Evans (c), Cotter, Hunt, Collins, Su'a, Nanai, Carrigan.
Bench - Grant, Fotuaika, Hopgood, Cobbo.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Assuming Martin is unavailable and Edwards and Haumole are

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. S Crichton
5. Lomax
6. Luai
7. Moses
8. J Trbojevic
9. Robson
10. Haas
11. A Crichton
12. Olakau'atu
13. McInnes

14. Burton
15. Barnett
16. Leniu
17. Yeo

Try not to be too dramatic.

Edwards returns for Teddy.
Mitchell and Barnett replace the unavailable Sua'ali'i and Martin.
Burton and Moses cone in for the dropped Hynes and Young

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. S Crighton
5. Lomax
6. Luai
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Api
10. Haas
11. Martin
12. Olakau'atu
13. Yeo

14. McInnes
15. A Crighton
16. Kolamatangi
17. Paseka

I would not bring an Origin rookie prop, from a generally struggling side, into the Origin team. He has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons (unlike Sipley), but Origin standard? Not sure.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I would not bring an Origin rookie prop, from a generally struggling side, into the Origin team. He has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons (unlike Sipley), but Origin standard? Not sure.
We need someone to make meters. Jake makes nothing. Can't put it all on Haas and who else is there? Leniu did but got busted we need at least 3 heavy meter eaters. Perhaps Paulo, Haas and Leniu. Lack of go forward and size was the Blues problem.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
We need someone to make meters. Jake makes nothing. Can't put it all on Haas and who else is there? Leniu did but got busted we need at least 3 heavy meter eaters. Perhaps Paulo, Haas and Leniu. Lack of go forward and size was the Blues problem.

That's why Jake plays as a ball distributing lock for us, he has never really been the metre eating type of front rower.

His biggest strength, shock horror, is his defence up the middle. And that was part of the problem for NSW last week when the idiot Chook got himself sent. They needed mobile forwards to cover the edges and Jake just isn't a mobile forward.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16