Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Mark from Brisbane ... after Friday night ... those pessimists that won't change their minds are like the frog ..

R.a7a0a8b7a49d5da50b33d27096e783fb
Yep , wouldn’t matter if we’d just made the top 8 after the last round , they’d still say “ we’ve got no chance”.

It’s imitated in life really , those looking at a glass with half the contents, is it

Half full
Half empty

There’s just that percentage of people that are negative the whole time , they surround themselves in it, and it becomes the norm.

Optimism pulse currently ... 81.5 %

If flogging Melbourne didn't entice few to change their votes ... will flogging Tigers do it

Optimism pulse currently ... 81.5 %

If flogging Melbourne didn't entice few to change their votes ... will flogging Tigers do it
I am really concerned about today and my optimist pulse is dropping. Tigers with 6 losses and the game being played at The Ice House.... Sorry Campbelltown I fear the refs will be doing all they can to get out of there alive

Yep , wouldn’t matter if we’d just made the top 8 after the last round , they’d still say “ we’ve got no chance”.

It’s imitated in life really , those looking at a glass with half the contents, is it

Half full
Half empty

There’s just that percentage of people that are negative the whole time , they surround themselves in it, and it becomes the norm.
Agreed, but does that mean we are taking a pessimistic view of human nature?

The team they have today should win in a canter by at least 20. But I often get rather pessimistic when I get too optimistic.

The reality is the Tigers have a strong side on paper so it is only a matter of time before they click into gear. It'd be different if they had a weak roster, then you'd say we should win. The truth is they have the talent to win games, they just have not adjusted to the new style introduced during the off-season. They will be desperate today and should compete regardless of whether we turn up hungry or not. This idea that we simply have to turn up focused to beat them is a fallacy.

Satisfied where we are sitting on the table but concerned about where we might be in 3 weeks. There has been significant improvement this year but a long way to go.

I'm just at a loss in my head with the bipolar efforts between the Storm game and Tigers!
Hopefully the scare will hit us, I'm thankful we grabbed the 2pts. Any other team y'day beats us comfortably.

Started off the year optimistic but that is starting to fade with some of the absolute plodders in our side. The Woods trade and the fact he is part of our lineup now, when that could've just been Fifita has only added to that and really left a sour taste.

And yet somehow we are sitting in 2nd place with another likely win this weekend. It could definitely be worse but the bye and the Knights draw has inflated our position and I think we might get a truer reflection of where we're at Magic Round in a couple of weeks - might end up similar to last year's

Started off the year optimistic but that is starting to fade with some of the absolute plodders in our side. The Woods trade and the fact he is part of our lineup now, when that could've just been Fifita has only added to that and really left a sour taste.

And yet somehow we are sitting in 2nd place with another likely win this weekend. It could definitely be worse but the bye and the Knights draw has inflated our position and I think we might get a truer reflection of where we're at Magic Round in a couple of weeks - might end up similar to last year's
How does the Knights draw inflate our position?

We earned a point!!

Its like saying the Storm win inflated our position....yeah no $%#@

How does the Knights draw inflate our position?

We earned a point!@

Its like saying the Storm win inflated our position....yeah no $%#@
Yes we earned a point but also lost one in a game we were heavy favourites in. Had we won it we'd at least be level on wins with Souths, Warriors and Phins who we are all currently only above because of the bye.

All the draw means is our F/A means nothing now so the small unconvincing win yesterday means the same as a 40+ win would. Just need to look at the ladder to know we are hardly playing better than a number of the teams below us.

Also whilst I'm at it, the whole "draw inflates things" narrative doesnt really ring true.

Sure 8 teams have 2 extra points from the bye but those 8 teams have also had one less game to record points.

So your best bet for an accurate take on form is points (minus bye points) divided by the number of games....so competition points per game.

This is how the table stands on ppg at this exact moment.

Broncos 1.75 competition points per game
Warriors 1.43
Manly 1.29
Rabbitohs 1.25
Dolphins 1.25
Panthers 1.14
Sharks 1.14
Storm 1.14
Roosters 1
Knights 0.88
Titans 0.86
Cowboys 0.75
Bulldogs 0.75
Eels 0.75
Dragons 0.67
Raiders 0.57
Tigers 0

So we really aren't in a false position.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6