On the Wings of Eagles .. The great debate ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At least he can rest assured that you will be outraged on his behalf ...

Can't wait until you become an equal opportunity champion and have a go at people for calling Garrick "sandwich' ... or Parker a "Ranga" .. or GoJetSki "Jetski" ... or Ben T "Burbo" .. or Fulton "Bozo" ... or Randell "Igor" ... or Vautin "Fatty" ...or the totally inappropriate Lyon "Killer"

Will look forward to your endless quest to rid the world of the insidious practice of nicknames ....
Like always, you miss the point. While I agree in principle with your post regarding ding the outrage brigade-none of the examples you have used are in fact relevant. You seem to be completely blind when it comes to the cultural differences which exist in society.

No doubt you’ve been sweating on somebody pulling you up on this- l imagine the above rant must have been curdling inside you.

Like always, you miss the point. While I agree in principle with your post regarding ding the outrage brigade-none of the examples you have used are in fact relevant. You seem to be completely blind when it comes to the cultural differences which exist in society.

No doubt you’ve been sweating on somebody pulling you up on this- l imagine the above rant must have been curdling inside you.

Please ... educate me on these cultural differences .... I am always willing to take tuition from experts ... might like to ring Aloaoi while your at it ... he apparently thinks the caning of Molan was way out of line ... but I am sure he will be grateful for you educating him about his own culture ....

And while you are so respectful of culture ... shouldn't you respect the great Aussie culture of giving nicknames and taking the piss ... having a laugh ... would your efforts be better spend educating people about Australian culture ??

and, while not specific to this particular subject ... just because a culture has a difference ... does not mean that difference should be necessarily be respected ... there are many cultural differences that I think are toxic ..

Please ... educate me on these cultural differences .... I am always willing to take tuition from experts ... might like to ring Aloaoi while your at it ... he apparently thinks the caning of Molan was way out of line ... but I am sure he will be grateful for you educating him about his own culture ....

And while you are so respectful of culture ... shouldn't you respect the great Aussie culture of giving nicknames and taking the piss ... having a laugh ... would your efforts be better spend educating people about Australian culture ??

and, while not specific to this particular subject ... just because a culture has a difference ... does not mean that difference should be necessarily be respected ... there are many cultural differences that I think are toxic ..

Haha... you’re about as toxic as it gets mate. You have zero respect or sensibility towards anything that doesn’t align with your own rambling point of view. It’s an ignorant and limiting way to live, and I imagine it must get quite lonely on planet Woodsie at times.

For every Josh Aloiai there will be a bunch of guys like those listed from the article I have posted below.

“NRL stars Martin Taupau and Braden Hamlin-Uele were among those players to lash out at Molan, accusing the presenter of being racist.”

“Understandable for our non-Pasifika community attempting to properly announce our names, but to disrespect and make a mockery of former/current Pasifika players in the NRL like how you carried on is DISGRACEFUL!” Taupau wrote.

I don’t really care either way Woodsie... but you choose to be “controversial” and then claim the high ground in an attempt to show us all how smart you are.

Cheap shots have always been your go to play.

Haha... you’re about as toxic as it gets mate. You have zero respect or sensibility towards anything that doesn’t align with your own rambling point of view. It’s an ignorant and limiting way to live, and I imagine it must get quite lonely on planet Woodsie at times.

For every Josh Aloiai there will be a bunch of guys like those listed from the article I have posted below.

“NRL stars Martin Taupau and Braden Hamlin-Uele were among those players to lash out at Molan, accusing the presenter of being racist.”

“Understandable for our non-Pasifika community attempting to properly announce our names, but to disrespect and make a mockery of former/current Pasifika players in the NRL like how you carried on is DISGRACEFUL!” Taupau wrote.

I don’t really care either way Woodsie... but you choose to be “controversial” and then claim the high ground in an attempt to show us all how smart you are.

Cheap shots have always been your go to play.

Thanks for that ... as convincing as .. and worth the same .. as your free psychological assessment ... must be wonderful to be so informed as to be able to state your opinions as absolute facts ...

And while you are Quoting Marty ... Here is what Josh said ..

Wests Tigers’ Samoan international Josh Aloiai has come to the defence of Erin Molan after she copped a backlash from the NRL’s Pasifika community over comments deemed culturally insensitive.​

After a conversation on 2GB about the pronunciation of names of NRL players, the Channel 9 host said “hooka looka mooka hooka fooka”.

At the time it was reported Molan claimed it was an inside joke between her and co-host Daryl Brohman, leading to further widespread condemnation.

Manly prop Martin Taupau said Molan’s comments would have had his grandfather “tossing in his grave with anger”.

His Sea Eagles teammate Addin Fonua-Blake slammed the remark, while John Hopoate lashed Molan in an Instagram post in which he incited violence against her.

Now, however, Aloiai has defended Molan.

“I’m not afraid of the backlash from Marty or Addin or any of the Pacific Island players who attacked Erin,” he told the Sydney Morning Herald. ‘I’m going to be very blunt: I’m angry and disappointed with what has been said about Erin in the Pacific Island community and she is owed an apology from everyone who has attacked her. It is disgusting and horrible what happened to Erin.”

Thanks for that ... as convincing as .. and worth the same .. as your free psychological assessment ... must be wonderful to be so informed as to be able to state your opinions as absolute facts ...

And while you are Quoting Marty ... Here is what Josh said ..

Wests Tigers’ Samoan international Josh Aloiai has come to the defence of Erin Molan after she copped a backlash from the NRL’s Pasifika community over comments deemed culturally insensitive.​

After a conversation on 2GB about the pronunciation of names of NRL players, the Channel 9 host said “hooka looka mooka hooka fooka”.

At the time it was reported Molan claimed it was an inside joke between her and co-host Daryl Brohman, leading to further widespread condemnation.

Manly prop Martin Taupau said Molan’s comments would have had his grandfather “tossing in his grave with anger”.

His Sea Eagles teammate Addin Fonua-Blake slammed the remark, while John Hopoate lashed Molan in an Instagram post in which he incited violence against her.

Now, however, Aloiai has defended Molan.

“I’m not afraid of the backlash from Marty or Addin or any of the Pacific Island players who attacked Erin,” he told the Sydney Morning Herald. ‘I’m going to be very blunt: I’m angry and disappointed with what has been said about Erin in the Pacific Island community and she is owed an apology from everyone who has attacked her. It is disgusting and horrible what happened to Erin.”

I never denied what Josh said. Are you denying how other Pacifica players such as Marty, AFB and Hamlin Uele feel about the issue?

Like I said... I don’t care either way. It’s
a meh kind of debate really. The latest attempt to spark a reaction from a serial niggler who is fast running out of ideas.

I never denied what Josh said. Are you denying how other Pacifica players such as Marty, AFB and Hamlin Uele feel about the issue?

Like I said... I don’t care either way. It’s
a meh kind of debate really. The latest attempt to spark a reaction from a serial niggler who is fast running out of ideas.

Hey ... people can read ... you are the one that jumped in on your white horse waving your woke virtue flag ...

I must admit to being a little disappointed ... when you make such great assertions as the following ...

You seem to be completely blind when it comes to the cultural differences which exist in society.

.. and I respond that I am prepared to be educated by such an expert as you ...

I expected at least a 20 page treatise encompassing your vast knowledge, and many years of devoted study on the subject of Polynesian names and their cultural and societal significance and how they differ from one Island Nation to another ...

But.. what do I get ... this gem

Haha... you’re about as toxic as it gets mate.

Good to see you are all over the topic ...

Woodsie thought I was having a go at him, I presume because 'toopaloopa' is such an obvious bait to get some sort of racism discussion going.
But in fact I agree with him, casual racism is fine, and occasionally hilarious.
People need to be able to take a joke. Like he says, our culture is rich with this stuff, from aborigines classified as fauna to the White Australia policy. Now islanders want to come here and get some of our white anglo moolah, that's fine but don't expect us to have to respect your stupid traditions!

Woodsie thought I was having a go at him, I presume because 'toopaloopa' is such an obvious bait to get some sort of racism discussion going.
But in fact I agree with him, casual racism is fine, and occasionally hilarious.
People need to be able to take a joke. Like he says, our culture is rich with this stuff, from aborigines classified as fauna to the White Australia policy. Now islanders want to come here and get some of our white anglo moolah, that's fine but don't expect us to have to respect your stupid traditions!
I wonder if you’d be so passionate about those stupid traditions with an Islander boy sitting beside you in the pub. I doubt it...my moula would be on your big Silvertail balls shrivelling up like two little frozen peas. The world is waaaaaaay to sensitive in most areas these days and keyboards have made pit bulls out of poodles.

I wonder if you’d be so passionate about those stupid traditions with an Islander boy sitting beside you in the pub. I doubt it...my moula would be on your big Silvertail balls shrivelling up like two little frozen peas. The world is waaaaaaay to sensitive in most areas these days and keyboards have made pit bulls out of poodles.
Well, maybe you have a point there!

Hey @Woodsie , I'm thinking of it like this. Des, Crusher and co. have gone out and actively sought two wingers, and signed them for 3 and 4 years respectively, when they had a chance to re-sign Rueben Garrick for further tenure (which is yet to happen).

That says to me, that we know the clubs plans for "the future", but when is that future going to happen? I think the only spot up for conjecture would be Garrick / Tuipulotu.

01. Tom Trbojevic (pretty well set)
02. Jason Saab (pretty certain, given the fight to get here)
03. Dylan Walker (one of the best centres in the comp at his best)
04. Moses Suli (when on, can be very damaging)
05. Reuben Garrick / Christian Tuipulotu (unsure)
06. Kieran Foran / Josh Schuster (one of these two definitely)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (obvious, will have a cracker with a real #6 alongside him)

It does make me feel bad for Parker, Taufua, and even Funa (who would be quite down the pecking order now), but that's what depth is I guess. I hope Taufua's headspace and wellbeing is good this Christmas break, because he's got a very uncertain future.

All these men are humans and people with feeling, emotions, needs, families to support. Wish them all the best I guess.

Hey @Woodsie , I'm thinking of it like this. Des, Crusher and co. have gone out and actively sought two wingers, and signed them for 3 and 4 years respectively, when they had a chance to re-sign Rueben Garrick for further tenure (which is yet to happen).

That says to me, that we know the clubs plans for "the future", but when is that future going to happen? I think the only spot up for conjecture would be Garrick / Tuipulotu.

01. Tom Trbojevic (pretty well set)
02. Jason Saab (pretty certain, given the fight to get here)
03. Dylan Walker (one of the best centres in the comp at his best)
04. Moses Suli (when on, can be very damaging)
05. Reuben Garrick / Christian Tuipulotu (unsure)
06. Kieran Foran / Josh Schuster (one of these two definitely)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (obvious, will have a cracker with a real #6 alongside him)

It does make me feel bad for Parker, Taufua, and even Funa (who would be quite down the pecking order now), but that's what depth is I guess. I hope Taufua's headspace and wellbeing is good this Christmas break, because he's got a very uncertain future.

All these men are humans and people with feeling, emotions, needs, families to support. Wish them all the best I guess.

All good thoughts .. and possibly right on the money ... but with Jorge reaching the end of his career, at least one winger was going to be sought ... the fight for Saab to get here appears to have been fought mainly by Saab, how hard Manly was fighting is unknown, but obviously they were keen to get him here if freed. I am not yet convinced Saab will be a starter ... everybody seems certain that because he is tall and fast .. he must also be good .. I hope they are right but on what evidence they are forming their opinions I don't know .. but I hope whether it is chook entrails or tea leaves ... I hope they are right ...

No need to re-sign Garrick now.. club has time to see if he bounces back ... and I predict he will ...

If he is correct, .. @The better Robbo keeps predicting .. Tupaloopa is our future centre ..

Funa is interesting ... has talent ... but will he be our best in any one position ?? .. Throw in Harper and Parker we have some pretty handy depth and competition out wide ...

And with my 2 boys Guacamole and Saddler pushing for forward spots ... bring on 2021 ..

Watch out the guy will make a thread aimed at you, blame you, insult you and then delete all traces before 5am. True story!

Ps rumour has it you and Woodrow are one in the same... what do you say to this wild accusation?

Watch out the guy will make a thread aimed at you, blame you, insult you and then delete all traces before 5am. True story!

Ps rumour has it you and Woodrow are one in the same... what do you say to this wild accusation?
It’s true Biff... Kevin is the medicated superior version of myself... Woodsie is the unhinged, off the happy pills asshole that the missus makes sleep in the shed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7