On the Wings of Eagles .. The great debate ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
28" Isaiah 40:31 They That Wait Upon The Lord, Shall Renew Their Strength, They Shall Mount Up with Wings of Eagles, They Shall Run and Not Be Weary

Possible starting wingers ... for the season opener ... and my odds ..

Garrick ... incumbent and set for a big year .. even money
Tupaloopa ... bolter ... 2-1
Funa .. a good chance ... 3-1
Saab ... in contention .. 5-1
Harper .. an outsider ... 10-1
Parker .. would need a few injuries, a chance at centre if Suli out ... 15-1
Koula .. too early .. 30-1
Jorge ... injured ... 30-1
Sipley .. been on the outside all 2020 ... 100-1

This summation in the supercoach today

Christian Tuipulotu .. In just one game tupaloopa scored 67 points with 23 runs, 4 tackle busts, a linebreak and a try - all against the Melb Storm. That's the workrate we want from a winger and why Manly snapped him up ... etc etc

Looks like Tupaloopa has some good wraps on him and pleased that he is with Manly now but maybe he is being viewed as more of a centre prospect . Guess that the Roosters can not keep them all even with the sombrero or maybe he is a very poor golf player . Saab should really have the inside running with Garrick one would think but then much will depend on preparation, training and trial form . Funa is more a better center or full back but good that he can manage wing as well Koula could be one to watch before not too long , know that the same thing was being said about Young Hoppa previously but this lad looks like the real deal

28" Isaiah 40:31 They That Wait Upon The Lord, Shall Renew Their Strength, They Shall Mount Up with Wings of Eagles, They Shall Run and Not Be Weary

Christian Tuipulotu .. In just one game tupaloopa scored 67 points with 23 runs, 4 tackle busts, a linebreak and a try - all against the Melb Storm. That's the workrate we want from a winger and why Manly snapped him up ... etc etc
Whats this... do my weary eyes deceive me? @Kevinward777 are you seeing this miracle of Christ my brother?
@Woodsie you are now a child of the one True God. Its funny i was thinking about you after reading this verse below. Check it out ;)

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh

Merry Christmas brother Woodrow make sure you give to charity on this special holiday. Save the children is a great organisation.

Ps God love ya :)

Last edited:
Whats this... do my weary eyes deceive me? @Kevinward777 are you seeing this miracle of Christ my brother?
@Woodsie you are now a child of the one True God. Its funny i was thinking about you after reading this verse below. Check it out ;)

Ezekiel 36:26

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh

Merry Christmas Woodrow make sure you give to charity on this special holiday. Save the children is a great organisation.

Ps God love ya :)

Why the surprise ... I have on occasion visited the fiction section of the library ...

Sorry Saab and Garrick but Tippytoes will make his mark by halfway through the season at worst.

Sorry Saab and Garrick but Tippytoes will make his mark by halfway through the season at worst.
You may well be correct ... I have watched TupaLoopa play and he looks like a complete footballer ...

Now Saab may be the next big thing ..but I don't know .. All I have seen are highlights where he runs well ... but I do not know how he goes at kick returns, hit ups, catching bombs, tackling and muscling up ... if he is the complete package .. then happy days .. I will shout his praises, and finish with " ... Blessed are the tall and fast .. for they shall inherit the wing spot "

I think the only thing keeping Reuben on the wing is his goal kicking. That wasn't anything to write home about this season. He gets physically dominated by defences, his one on one defence isn't great, his workrate isn't high and he only scored 4 tries. (I get that we have a clunky right side attack and a woeful attacking kicking game)

I don't think he is anywhere near a moral to hold his spot. It wasn't that long ago there were rumours he was being offered up as a trade for Saab.

I think the only thing keeping Reuben on the wing is his goal kicking. That wasn't anything to write home about this season. He gets physically dominated by defences, his one on one defence isn't great, his workrate isn't high and he only scored 4 tries. (I get that we have a clunky right side attack and a woeful attacking kicking game)

I don't think he is anywhere near a moral to hold his spot. It wasn't that long ago there were rumours he was being offered up as a trade for Saab.
Actually, C&C, Funa is a damn good goal kicker. I’m not certain of his percentages however, I’ve watched him kick them from the sidelines in the U20’s (old Holden Cup).

If the reports were correct that Des was prepared to swap Garrick for Saab (and they were only rumours and never happened), Garrick would be on the outer however, from some inside family knowledge at Gerroa where Garrick’s mum lives (and friends of his sister), it was never happening.

Guy Sebastian and Sally Fitzgibbon also live at Gerroa, when they’re not elsewhere (absolute God’s country) and it’s a pretty small but very tight community.

I wish I had, like my sister did, bought a house there when it was cheap. Less than 10 years ago - houses were around $400 to $500k and are now anything up to $4 million+ (With some renovation).

Gerroa is a beautiful spot with a fabulous beach for those who have never been there.

Just a reminder ...

What about 2020? He was terrible this year but he has shown he can be really good. I think we will get a wing combo of saab and garrick. Id prefer funa but garrick has the upside of goal kicking. If he bulks up a bit more that will be great. He needs more muscle

Garrick deserves a chance to hold his spot so should start the year but far from guaranteed to keep his spot.
Saab should debut next for mine, I think he should get his jersey hung up next to Tittmus' in our hall of fame and he's a gun anyway.
Tuipilotu will probably be the best of all of them but I have Saab to start ahead of him.
Funa I see as a centre and fullback option before a winger.
Jorge way down the line.
I reckon Walker will be let go at seasons end and Tuipulotu will get that left centre spot. By then Burbo, Koula and Weekes should be ready to step up

Actually, C&C, Funa is a damn good goal kicker. I’m not certain of his percentages however, I’ve watched him kick them from the sidelines in the U20’s (old Holden Cup).

If the reports were correct that Des was prepared to swap Garrick for Saab (and they were only rumours and never happened), Garrick would be on the outer however, from some inside family knowledge at Gerroa where Garrick’s mum lives (and friends of his sister), it was never happening.

Guy Sebastian and Sally Fitzgibbon also live at Gerroa, when they’re not elsewhere (absolute God’s country) and it’s a pretty small but very tight community.

I wish I had, like my sister did, bought a house there when it was cheap. Less than 10 years ago - houses were around $400 to $500k and are now anything up to $4 million+ (With some renovation).

Gerroa is a beautiful spot with a fabulous beach for those who have never been there.
Used to go camping at 7 Mile Beach all the time in the 90's - lovely part of the world

What about 2020? He was terrible this year but he has shown he can be really good. I think we will get a wing combo of saab and garrick. Id prefer funa but garrick has the upside of goal kicking. If he bulks up a bit more that will be great. He needs more muscle

Remember Garrick is also young at just 23 ... he will naturally put on a couple of kg's of muscle this year ..

Agree ... but for some reason unknown to mankind ... or anybody that has ever kicked a soccer ball ... he changed the angle of his address when kicking last year ... his approach was closer to 30 deg instead of about 45 deg ... kicking straight was never a possibility for anybody doing that with the around the corner style ..

For those that do not believe me ... go out the back yard and try it ..

(EDIT ... sorry, just realised you were talking about Funa .. not Garrick ...my comments above refer to Garrick .. agree, also saw Funa kick in the 20's and he did well ..)

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6