omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Formation of Stars

Reddish cloud of gas rising from bottom against deep space with stars visible throughout

Back to Gallery

Cepheus B, a molecular cloud located in our Milky Galaxy about 2,400 light years from the Earth, provides an excellent model to determine how stars are formed. This composite image of Cepheus B combines data from the Chandra X-ray Observatory and the Spitzer Space Telescope.

A molecular cloud is a region containing cool interstellar gas and dust left over from the formation of the galaxy and mostly contains molecular hydrogen. The Spitzer data, in red, green and blue shows the molecular cloud (in the bottom part of the image) plus young stars in and around Cepheus B, and the Chandra data in violet shows the young stars in the field.

The Chandra observations allowed the astronomers to pick out young stars within and near Cepheus B, identified by their strong X-ray emission. The Spitzer data showed whether the young stars have a so-called "protoplanetary" disk around them. Such disks only exist in very young systems where planets are still forming, so their presence is an indication of the age of a star system.

The new study suggests that star formation in Cepheus B is mainly triggered by radiation from one bright, massive star (HD 217086) outside the molecular cloud. According to the particular model of triggered star formation that was tested - called the radiation- driven implosion (RDI) model - radiation from this massive star drives a compression wave into the cloud triggering star formation in the interior, while evaporating the cloud's outer layers.

For more information, visit http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/multimedia/photo09-062.html.

The above article is from a NASA site .... please don't ask me whar any of it means ... but the final sentence is interesting ...

The final sentence is interesting. The word that immediately stands out is "suggests".

The British mathematician and astrophysicist James Jeans calculated how massive a cloud must be so that gravity can overcome the tendency for gas to expand.

The main points are: high density favours collapse, and high temperature favours expansion. The minimum mass he calculated relates to both of these, and is now called the Jeans mass.

But according to the big bang theory, at the time the first stars were formed, the temperature was so high that the required Jeans Mass would be about 100,000 suns.

This is about the same mass as a globular cluster, no cloud less massive than this could have collapsed into a star, thus no star could have formed this way.

Abraham Loeb, of Harvard’s Centre for Astrophysics, says, “The truth is that we don’t understand star formation at a fundamental level.

Question ; Should we simply accept things we've been taught as fact...if there is even one differing opinion/theory on the matter? Consider Einstein's quote before you answer... "You don't need a consensus to prove me wrong ... you just need one fact"

What do you do about the wiggle room? Ignore it?

If secularists believe blindly...doesn't that put them in the same boat as faithful religious?

So yeah makes no sense Mr. Wood. Bring on the new season i grow tired of this :(
Sincerely yours
Biff.

Biff, you need to ponder ... that breathe of air you are about to inhale .. how was it formed ... where are the atoms and molecules that comprise it from ... oxygen producing trees or bacteria ? ... and before the molecule became a part of the tree ... was it part of the soil ... and before that .. was that molecule part of the soil .. part of decomposed an animal or dinosaur ... and missing out a few steps was that molecule once part of volcanic explosions ... and before that .... it was definately part of a massive dying sun going super nova ...

Question ; Should we simply accept things we've been taught as fact...if there is even one differing opinion/theory on the matter? Consider Einstein's quote before you answer... "You don't need a consensus to prove me wrong ... you just need one fact"

One person with a differing opinion is a numbnut ... and a aParra fan ..

One person with a fact is a luminary ... and a Manly fan ...

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'It It takes at least 3 men to fuck an ostrich. -Albert Einstein'

So yeah makes no sense Mr. Wood. Bring on the new season i grow tired of this :(
Sincerely yours
Biff.

A better question for you to ask, Biff...given your religious standpoint...would be...how did all those amazing little cyanbacteria come to be?

There was no oxygen on earth for the first 2.4 billion years...then those tiny little photosynthesizing microbes that exhale oxygen made a huge impact. Where did they come from?

A better question for you to ask, Biff...given your religious standpoint...would be...how did all those amazing little cyanbacteria come to be?

There was no oxygen on earth for the first 2.4 billion years...then those tiny little photosynthesizing microbes that exhale oxygen made a huge impact. Where did they come from?

You won't trick Biff with that nonsense ... he knows the earth is only 6000 years old ...

You won't trick Biff with that nonsense ... he knows the earth is only 6000 years old ...

There are a few curveballs being thrown around.

The "who flooded the earth best?" is one. It lists one choice as Christ. Which Christ?? Given that Christ wasn't Jesus's last name (lol) and simply means anointed one...

Maybe the Christian god is amongst the other 36 or so....(?)

There are a few curveballs being thrown around.

The "who flooded the earth best?" is one. It lists one choice as Christ. Which Christ?? Given that Christ wasn't Jesus's last name (lol) and simply means anointed one...

Maybe the Christian god is amongst the other 36 or so....(?)

36 fukken GODS! .... Thank goodness they are not all flood sending, plague invoking jealous homicidal maniacs like the Christian one .....

Are you counting the Norse Gods or Roman Gods as just one or individually ?

36 fukken GODS! .... Thank goodness they are not all flood sending, plague invoking jealous homicidal maniacs like the Christian one .....

Are you counting the Norse Gods or Roman Gods as just one or individually ?
And the bigotry flows openly once more.
Welcome back kim jong wood only took you 2 days. I mean you have defeated yourself days ago after claiming to be the child of an undying star blah blah blah just stop already your beliefs are a joke. What breathe in fire of life and exhale trees LOL you have taken the bigot crown. Hail! I know why your upset.... you still cant get that fan working :) maybe if you prayed ;)

Honestly woodsie your a sad bigot and your ignorace is unbearable. Tree boy hahahahaha yep trees fmd

Last edited:

What do you believe in?

No these fools believe in some piss weak garbage and all they do is mock my Lord whilst hiding behind a computer screen. 5 billion plus people believe in religion and many more throughout human history. There is a greater power but according to these numbnuts we are from a supernova puddle blah blah blah monkeys blah blah big bag theory. None of this crap is proven and has no witnesses. Its THEORIES.. no one can tell me why monkeys aren't evolving anymore!
No one can tell me about gravity because they dont know!
No one can say to me yes the big bang theory is real you don't know stop acting like you do.. woodsie just believes anything he reads i exposed him with his 70 Years bs claim about doctors and vaccinations. Never replied. Hes a fraudulent human with no life other than this website. Im happy to talk footy but i keep getting dragging into the gutter with these clowns.

Someone is getting wound up, and doesn't see the irony of bigotry meaning...

: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices

So possibly there's a lot of kettle - pot etc going on.

Also.... it seems like 5 minutes ago that it was said.

Quote:

No one minds unless (and this goes for all of us) posts become full of childish repetitive personal insults.

So, I'd suggest to the more angry one(s), just simply take a breather.

Someone is getting wound up, and doesn't see the irony of bigotry meaning...

: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices

So possibly there's a lot of kettle - pot etc going on.

Also.... it seems like 5 minutes ago that it was said.

Quote:

No one minds unless (and this goes for all of us) posts become full of childish repetitive personal insults.

So, I'd suggest to the more angry one(s), just simply take a breather.
I only come here to read about my beloved Manly and all i see is bigotry. I never bring up religion or others beliefs. I only defend and its so tiresome. Why cant you stop singling me out and maybe send a private message with a similar threat you gave to me to them. I will take a breath of fire and take your advice.
Cheers
Sincerely yours
Biff.

Edit. it could be the reason lots of people aren't coming to this website anymore.... something to ponder. Cheers

Last edited:
No these fools believe in some piss weak garbage and all they do is mock my Lord whilst hiding behind a computer screen. 5 billion plus people believe in religion and many more throughout human history. There is a greater power but according to these numbnuts we are from a supernova puddle blah blah blah monkeys blah blah big bag theory. None of this crap is proven and has no witnesses. Its THEORIES.. no one can tell me why monkeys aren't evolving anymore!
No one can tell me about gravity because they dont know!
No one can say to me yes the big bang theory is real you don't know stop acting like you do.. woodsie just believes anything he reads i exposed him with his 70 Years bs claim about doctors and vaccinations. Never replied. Hes a fraudulent human with no life other than this website. Im happy to talk footy but i keep getting dragging into the gutter with these clowns.

G'day Biff. Mate...I was actually giving you a bit of a hand. It seemed to me that it was all a bit of fun...I thought you might have given a bit of stick back.

On Manlyfan 76's question...

Q) Who did a better job at flooding the Earth:
A: Zeus
B: Christ
C: Gilgamesh
D: Con Tici
E: other ( over 40 to choose from)

I was just pointing out that there was no mention of the Christian God in the top 4 choices. Not even the Christian God in human form (not that Jesus flooded the world with anything, unless you count his ongoing impact @;)). I thought it odd that Manlyfan...who said in a previous post that he attended a catholic school, went to many church services and has read the bible would make such a mistake.

On the oxygen/breathing out trees...evolution/creation business, I was giving you something to work with. Where did the cyanobacteria come from? They are believed to have been a major factor of the "great oxygen event" 2.4million years ago...but science isn't sure exactly when or how they first appeared. I thought you may have some ideas...

Oh...by the way...I've pretty much run the gamut and have ended up at agnostic. But true agnostic. I'll look at things from both sides...but I have no idea for sure.

Cheers
Moz.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8