omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day Biff. Mate...I was actually giving you a bit of a hand. It seemed to me that it was all a bit of fun...I thought you might have given a bit of stick back.

On Manlyfan 76's question...

Q) Who did a better job at flooding the Earth:
A: Zeus
B: Christ
C: Gilgamesh
D: Con Tici
E: other ( over 40 to choose from)

I was just pointing out that there was no mention of the Christian God in the top 4 choices. Not even the Christian God in human form (not that Jesus flooded the world with anything, unless you count his ongoing impact @;)). I thought it odd that Manlyfan...who said in a previous post that he attended a catholic school, went to many church services and has read the bible would make such a mistake.

On the oxygen/breathing out trees...evolution/creation business, I was giving you something to work with. Where did the cyanobacteria come from? They are believed to have been a major factor of the "great oxygen event" 2.4million years ago...but science isn't sure exactly when or how they first appeared. I thought you may have some ideas...

Oh...by the way...I've pretty much run the gamut and have ended up at agnostic. But true agnostic. I'll look at things from both sides...but I have no idea for sure.

Cheers
Moz.
I’m sure it was just a typo but, just to avoid confusion, the change to an oxygen rich atmosphere happened around 2.4 billion years ago. 2.4 million years ago Homo Habilis was already fashioning crude stone tools.

This thread just keeps rising from the dead doesn’t it.

I’m sure it was just a typo but, just to avoid confusion, the change to an oxygen rich atmosphere happened around 2.4 billion years ago. 2.4 million years ago Homo Habilis was already fashioning crude stone tools.

This thread just keeps rising from the dead doesn’t it.

Yes...sorry about that. There was no oxygen on earth until around 2.4 billion years ago.

That's why you shouldn't type until your hangover fog clears. lol

Last edited:
There are a few curveballs being thrown around.

The "who flooded the earth best?" is one. It lists one choice as Christ. Which Christ?? Given that Christ wasn't Jesus's last name (lol) and simply means anointed one...

Maybe the Christian god is amongst the other 36 or so....(?)
I actually thought his name was Jesus Price when I was a kid.

There are a few curveballs being thrown around.

The "who flooded the earth best?" is one. It lists one choice as Christ. Which Christ?? Given that Christ wasn't Jesus's last name (lol) and simply means anointed one...

Maybe the Christian god is amongst the other 36 or so....(?)

Id say the title of the thread is a curveball, or at least a slurve ball.

Serious question ... is there any evidence in the Bible that God is a male? ... can he be female? .... or is he the first fluid gender entity? .... Does he have a Gender or is he without genitalia? ...

Serious question ... is there any evidence in the Bible that God is a male? ... can he be female? .... or is he the first fluid gender entity? .... Does he have a Gender or is he without genitalia? ...
That"s a Holy gender equality and faith driven subject .

Not so serious an answer but God must be male. If a female would have multi tasked which in effect means starting 27 different jobs at once but completing none. Seeing as the job is fin......errrr
I might have just shot myself in the foot.@:oops:

He created man in his own image, but he could have had gender dismorphia, have been confused or she may have just had a sense of humour.

Probably a hermaphrodite if that's the case - a little but each way
Lots of ancient pre jesus myths that "humans" were one being with four legs, arms two heads and were split into two seperate beings, man and woman.
Your soul mate is your other half.

This is so heavy man. Did you ever think like does God have a soul. Like does he have a soul of his own or is his soul made up of all of our souls. Or are all of our souls just part of his. Like did his soul like wrap it’s self around this planet like you know a towel or something and it just makes like the soil and rocks and things you know become people and plants and animals and things. Are we all just like bubbles or little eddies or things in gods soul. Wow.

Faith in Holy Water appears to be on the wane ....

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7