omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're talking religion. I'm talking Christ. Show me one piece of solid evidence that Jesus ever said to kill another human. This is what I mean when I talk about people and their false understanding of the fundamental difference between religion and Jesus. People think they are clever.....but they fail to see the truth with statements like the one above.

Lets put Muhammad in the ring with Jesus. Muhammad's message started with, "love everyone". Then turned to, "defend yourselves with swords". Finally it was, "kill the infedals".

When Jesus came to break the old law and show the new way.....even in a time of male domination and segregation of the sick....he taught, "love everybody". He went out of his way to reach the minorities and outcasted and accepted the gentiles. He did what the Jewish churches would never do....and all the while he taught, "love everybody, don't retaliate, forgiveness rules". Even while being nailed up, he asked the Father to forgive his persecutors. I could never do that.

Here's some homework if you're truly interested (or maybe you just like to throw in the odd joke here and there) Study the way Jesus lived, what he consistantly taught, the way he died and the evidence of his resurrection. Marry that up against any other "religious" leader you like. He comes out on top.

Some people think he was a good and wise teacher....ahead of his time. Well.....Jesus doesn't give you that option. He said he was God in human form. So, we have to ask ourselves....was he insane and truly mistaken about his identity? (to the point of execution), was he a con man that willingly pulled the wool over everyones eyes? (to the point of execution) or was he the messiah?

I loved to heap crap on christians in the past. Sky pilots, Father Trickemups, gospel floggers etc etc. Then one day I thought....I sound like I know what I'm talking about when being disrespectful to theses people...but do I?? If I don't know the facts of what I'm arguing against....then I'm the dickhead! lol.

I grew up out west in a rough and ready family. Plenty of DV and vilolence in general and didn't even know that was wrong to tell you the truth. It was just everyday living and all my mates were in the same boat. I was uneducated basically because life was about having fun and doing what ever you like, when ever you like. Drink, smoke, sex up, fight at the drop of a hat, steal, lie. It was all up for grabs and I loved it. I truly loved it! Drug deals...especially when things went wrong were the height of good fun. My brother broke a blokes hip once with a golf club in a scallywag scuffle over what we considered to be a fair price. It was all fun and games.

He's still the same. I grew up and parted ways with him and my old mates.

Jesus wasn't part of our lives growing up. And he certainly didn't save me. I had a family while young, took the responsibility seriously, worked hard, bought a house and eventually opened my own businesses. Dad used to tell my old mates I was a self made man...because I had to do it without any help from family of friends. That's why I always advise people to stop whingeing, get off your arse and have a go. If I managed it...anyone can! I still don't go to church. It was probably only about 4/5 months ago that I had an hour or so to kill and this very forum was pretty slow that I thought I probably should do a bit of research. You'll be surprised what you'll discover if you can truly investigate with no preconceived notions.

Once again....dig through historical evidence, archaelogical evidence, read the eye witness accounts in context and ask why would the jews and romans of the time act as they did. DON'T study christianity but weigh up what Jesus taught against every other religion. Investigate the leader of those religions. Many people on here are on the right track by damning "religion"....but don't make the mistake of accusing Jesus of mans agendas, mistakes and atrocities.

Anyway....some of you probably won't talk to me anymore because of my honesty. That's ok. I understand that. I was like that too a while ago......
Religion is just a tool for leader figures to stay at the top and assert control. Interpretations of it change all the time and rewritten, followed, reinterpreted, rewritten, followed etc. I feel sorry for everyone who has been trapped by it in whatever form/type of interpretation. Most will remain in denial that they are trapped and controlled by it their entire lives, yet will still contradict themselves blindly as they declare their religion better than another, and more real than another. Why?

I don't understand why religion always ends up on silvertails, imo people just want to try keep it relevant in a time when it is nearly dead in this country, and people are freeing themselves from it in others where they are allowed.

The fact religion is most dominantly followed in oppresive countries says alot about how religion is used to manipulate and control. I dont see any good in dressing females head to toe and stopping them from learning or driving, neither do i see any good in attending church to listen to some old nothing read you some book when in reality that old nothing has wasted his life teaching some interpretation of an interpretaion of some random guy from a few thousand years ago who came a few thousand tears after some other random guy. Faith can come from many things in life, religion just tries to cling on by indoctrinating people young and threatening them with hell.

Religion is just a tool for leader figures to stay at the top and assert control. Interpretations of it change all the time and rewritten, followed, reinterpreted, rewritten, followed etc. I feel sorry for everyone who has been trapped by it in whatever form/type of interpretation. Most will remain in denial that they are trapped and controlled by it their entire lives, yet will still contradict themselves blindly as they declare their religion better than another, and more real than another. Why?

I don't understand why religion always ends up on silvertails, imo people just want to try keep it relevant in a time when it is nearly dead in this country, and people are freeing themselves from it in others where they are allowed.

The fact religion is most dominantly followed in oppresive countries says alot about how religion is used to manipulate and control. I dont see any good in dressing females head to toe and stopping them from learning or driving, neither do i see any good in attending church to listen to some old nothing read you some book when in reality that old nothing has wasted his life teaching some interpretation of an interpretaion of some random guy from a few thousand years ago who came a few thousand tears after some other random guy. Faith can come from many things in life, religion just tries to cling on by indoctrinating people young and threatening them with hell.
F me, I hope you're not reading (and responding to) this thread from the start! I think you covered it all pretty well in your post though, maybe just stop now :) (try my beer thread instead - I promise that you will learn more)

Hi Harry .. In fairness ... a lot of good works are also done in the name of religion .... it is the real believers that give many of the simple happy clappers a bad name ...

One thing I am certain about though .... when the asteroid is hurtling towards Earth and we need it stopped ... we won't be calling any poets or priests for help ....

Hi Harry .. In fairness ... a lot of good works are also done in the name of religion .... it is the real believers that give many of the simple happy clappers a bad name ...

One thing I am certain about though .... when the asteroid is hurtling towards Earth and we need it stopped ... we won't be calling any poets or priests for help ....

Hahahah. You are definitely right here, it's the real believers i feel sorry for
F me, I hope you're not reading (and responding to) this thread from the start! I think you covered it all pretty well in your post though, maybe just stop now :) (try my beer thread instead - I promise that you will learn more)
No need to worry I dont have the time to read more than a page of it @:D but that other one you mentioned doesn't sound too bad...

Nah, but hopefully these guys are around to save us.

They don't need a cure if jebus gives them immunity!
To me, this is yet more evidence of what an unstable psychopath the Abrahamic god is. How many more plagues an wars must we all endure before someone puts an end to his continuous torture of the planet. Maybe he will leave us alone if we all just ignore him!
1585634135368.gif

Genuine question ... I understand that Jesus was resurected after 3 days ... why 3 days? Is there a reason given for this? ... What, God was busy? Had other more pressing matters ? Don't nag me Jesus, I'll get around to it ... it's not like you are going anywhere.

Genuine question ... I understand that Jesus was resurected after 3 days ... why 3 days? Is there a reason given for this? ... What, God was busy? Had other more pressing matters ? Don't nag me Jesus, I'll get around to it ... it's not like you are going anywhere.
Jesus and God are the same person mate. Was he talking to himself ?

As the sun moves through the hemispheres ( you can see this by taking note of where the sun sets each night) a little bit south every day , it reaches its lowest point in the sky where it stays for a few days ( shortest days) then it rises again three days later, signially the upcoming spring and season of birth and growth after the "death' times of the cold dark winter.

As for god leaving himself in iso for three days all i can say is" he works in mysterious ways "

A question for all the religious ones among us who disagree with atheism agnosticism and even other religions,
How many Atheist books have you read?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4