omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is this thread ever going to die? I know I could just stop reading it but ......... the absolute ****s you guys are going on about is mildly entertaining for us simple folk.
I can't add much because I think the bible is a load of crap, I believe we came from nothing. I don't believe in a higher power and when we leave this mortal coil there is dirt. I try and enjoy this place whilst I can and whilst I am here another Sea Eagles premiership would make life sweeter.

Why don't you tell me what you believe Wombat?
.....I dare you >:)
I just did .... but I am interested in different opinions? If you believe in a God where does the Devil fit in (not Turd Greenburg)? Is he real too? I guess you guys have gone through that?

No ... I just think you underestimate the depth and direction of what @Wombat64 considers "beliefs" .... a mind completely untroubled by moral convention .... the notion of him sharing his thoughts literally fills me with dread ....
Love your work ...... and yep, you got me

I just did .... but I am interested in different opinions? If you believe in a God where does the Devil fit in (not Turd Greenburg)? Is he real too? I guess you guys have gone through that?
Well, (In a literary sense) I think he is our true savior who attempts to save us from the actions of a malicious and genocidal god. But I've been told my interpretations are wrong (and to seek an anglican priest to set me straight.....let's hope that's his intent and not the opposite @:eek: ) so I guess you should take that with a grain of salt (or risk being turned into a pillar of it).
1583369539764.png

Last edited:
I can't add much because I think the bible is a load of crap, I believe we came from nothing. I don't believe in a higher power and when we leave this mortal coil there is dirt. I try and enjoy this place whilst I can and whilst I am here another Sea Eagles premiership would make life sweeter.

To believe humans came from nothing requires faith to come to that conclusion. I've never wittnessed anything being created or reproduced from "nothing" in my life. But then again, who needs evidence for truth right? Anything that can be reproduced needs something for it to come into being.

To believe humans came from nothing requires faith to come to that conclusion. I've never wittnessed anything being created or reproduced from "nothing" in my life. But then again, who needs evidence for truth right? Anything that can be reproduced needs something for it to come into being.
No, it just needs the capacity to admit that you don't know something and be OK with it.
You Christians seem to lack that capacity ;)
I don't think we came from nothing - I think we evolved from existing life forms. As for the universe...I don't know....and that's OK :)

No, it just needs the capacity to admit that you don't know something and be OK with it.
You Christians seem to lack that capacity ;)
Quite the opposite actually. Another false assumption made.

I, as a christian will never have all the answers to life, God and the Bible. I have never claimed to pocess such unlimited knowledge. And I am quite content with it.

Quite the opposite actually. Another false assumption made.

I, as a christian will never have all the answers to life, God and the Bible. I have never claimed to pocess such unlimited knowledge. And I am quite content with it.
True, I guess I did make a bit of an assumption there:
As a Christian you must be pretty open minded and open to the unknown....especially given how bat**** confusing and crazy the bible is :)

Last edited:
Do those of faith among us believe that if a god other that their own started going around the place proving he was a real god and the only one they would still follow their fake god or would there but no more need for faith as you could now have a tangible experience.

Sinners rejoice, the vatican have abolished your sins. With a catch:

The Catholic Church has today granted forgiveness - under certain conditions - for the sins of the faithful struck by coronavirus.

A decree published by the Vatican on Friday also covers healthcare workers and those who pray for their wellbeing.

Relatives who care for their sick family members may also be forgiven.

The conditions include the sick saying a certain number of prayers or following important celebrations from a distance.

Those who pray for the caregivers' wellbeing must also read the Bible 'for at least half an hour'.

How come prayers have not been able to deal with the virus? Can the religious among society pray harder, or are they sitting on their hands waiting for science to defeat it?

How come prayers have not been able to deal with the virus? Can the religious among society pray harder, or are they sitting on their hands waiting for science to defeat it?
They don't need a cure if jebus gives them immunity!
To me, this is yet more evidence of what an unstable psychopath the Abrahamic god is. How many more plagues an wars must we all endure before someone puts an end to his continuous torture of the planet. Maybe he will leave us alone if we all just ignore him!

Has anyone (religious or not) looked much into the non canon texts of early Christianity? I've just discovered (what could be) the gospel of Judus and think it's awesome!
So much more depth and things to consider than most of the vanilla gospels. I think there is also a big parallel between the formation of organised Christianity and the canonization of literature and what Disney is now doing with Marvel and Star wars.

Has anyone (religious or not) looked much into the non canon texts of early Christianity? I've just discovered (what could be) the gospel of Judus and think it's awesome!
So much more depth and things to consider than most of the vanilla gospels. I think there is also a big parallel between the formation of organised Christianity and the canonization of literature and what Disney is now doing with Marvel and Star wars.

The whole bit about just choosing which texts to make part of the bible is interesting.
I like the story where 5yo jesus kills another kid. Interesting reading.

The whole bit about just choosing which texts to make part of the bible is interesting.
I like the story where 5yo jesus kills another kid. Interesting reading.
Don't forget about the dragons!
It's amazing how stuff like this missed out while the old testament was still found to be so relevant. Personally I find the petty, homicidal Jesus to be far more compatible with the God of the old testament than what most churches like to push - even though that's who he claimed to be....or didn't....it's all so, so confusing. I guess I should stop thinking about it and then all these problems will just disappear :)
Maybe I will start a poll to see which belief I should follow ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8