omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
-
No mate, I don't believe that of those inflicted with the curse that is religion, quite the opposite. But you called me out as not being able to have a rational argument without acting like a child. Not only did you do that but you just called me insane, most likely in an effort to avoid the same result that you usually do :p
Don't want me to call you out - then don't act like you have any sort of moral high ground.
If you read my post again, you’ll find the reference to insanity was in fact directed at myself. I don’t have any moral high ground, and I didn’t call you out. The post you are alluding to was meant for the person I replied to because he was blowing up about being insulted, only to be doing the very same thing himself. I happened to mention you, because you were directly involved, and have been exhaustive in your quest of posting memes, videos and the like that depict Christians as judgemental imbeciles. (the whole pot and kettle thing comes to mind.)

Anyway, I won’t be engaging with you again on this subject, irrespective of anything you might post. And for the record, I am vehemently opposed to homophobia, church cover ups, religion, the prosperity doctrine, social/racial and economical injustice, Je$us Incorporated, and a whole host of other things which you presume that I am an advocate of.

Hope you have yourself a good night.

Last edited:
-

If you read my post again, you’ll find the reference to insanity was in fact directed at myself. I don’t have any moral high ground, and I didn’t call you out. The post you are alluding to was directed towards the person I replied to because he was blowing up about being insulted, only to be doing the very same thing himself. I happened to mention you, because you were directly involved, and have been exhaustive in your quest of posting memes, videos and the like that depict Christians as judgemental imbeciles. (the whole pot and kettle thing comes to mind.)

Anyway, I won’t be engaging with you again on this subject, irrespective of anything you might post. And for the record, I am vehemently opposed to homophobia, church cover ups, religion, the prosperity doctrine, social/racial/economical injustice, Je$us Incorporated, and a whole host of other things which you presume that I advocate.

Hope you have a good night.
I made no attempt to ridicule biff and my attacks were leveled directly at the Mormon church something that biff himself has criticised.
If my attacks seem juvenile then explain to me why, they are all grounded in truth. Or simply accept that you simply don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to defending religion and stay silent :)

James 1:27 (ESV)
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world".
“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions." ~Thomas Jefferson, writing about the idea of the Trinity.

James 1:27 (ESV)
"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world".
If we want to quote random passages then here you go:

Ecclesiastes 12:13: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Exodus 21:20-21 “And if a man beats his male or female servant with a rod, so that he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished. Notwithstanding, if he remains alive a day or two, he shall not be punished; for he is his property.

Leviticus 25:44-45 "And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have — from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves. Moreover you may buy the children of the strangers who dwell among you, and their families who are with you, which they beget in your land; and they shall become your property."

Deuteronomy 23:1 “He who is emasculated by crushing or mutilation shall not enter the assembly of the LORD."

Peter 2:18 "Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh."

I am a big fan of the relics ..... especially the Holy Prepuce or .... The Holy Foreskin Of all the
holy relics that circulated throughout medieval Europe, relics associated with Jesus Christ — anything he supposedly touched or used during his life — were the most prized.

By this measure, no relic was more valuable than the
Holy Foreskin since it was an actual body part of Christ. .....

So prized is the Holy foreskin ... that it appears that Jesus had 7 to 8 of them ..... scattered throughout Europe .....

Seeing as @Kevinward777 wants to avoid a similar result to our past discussions let's just retire this thread.

In case you missed it here is a summary:
Religious Type: You cannot understand my religion as it is based on faith and you choose not to believe.
Me: But aren't all religions based on the same concept of belief and faith?
R: Yes, but they have reached the wrong conclusion through their faith.
Me: Doesn't that make blind faith a poor method to make decisions about things
R: I don't want to answer that. This is stupid....why do you hate me? I'm a good person and you're just mean. etc. etc.

Religion actively encourages ignorance. For blind faith to be considered just as reasonable as logic and study is a repulsive idea. It allows for anything to be justified without question or criticism. If you have unjustifiable beliefs which do not negatively impact on the lives of others, or you keep those beliefs in your head were they belong without causing damage to others then whatever, have fun. But you have no right to use those beliefs to; judge, mistreat and exclude others, deny rights, earn/steal money, indoctrinate others into your belief system, spread misinformation and lies and whatever else I have missed. If you want to use religion and your unjustifiable beliefs to do that - then bring it on.
The world will become a better place when all people learn to use knowledge and logic to reach conclusions rather than blindly accepting the beliefs of those around them.

Hi @Woodsie, with repect this isn’t completely correct, ‘fossilisation’ has occurred in a matter of hours, it has been seen more than once in catastrophic events, such as volcanic eruptions and floods, fossils have also been produced in a lab by scientists. In fact the eruption of saint helens produced ‘fossils’ and rocks that were sent to a lab for dating and came back as millions of years old - yet they were 12 years old. These are recorded, searchable facts. The kind of strata layers and canyon produced by this event were previously thought to be something only millions of years could produce. The point is, dating methods are based on a set of assumptions - if those assumptions are wrong - it’s all wrong.

Also, evolution suggests that there are many many iterations that take place for one species to transition to another and each of these iterations would have literally thousands of units (just as we have thousands or millions of units within each species today) - multiply that over the entirety of species that have existed and you have billions of these iterations - which is more than the number of ‘end state’ dinosaurs of any specific type, or ‘end state’ species that have existed that have been found in the fossil record. Yet 100% of fossils found have been ‘end state’ - the numbers are just not in favour of evolution no matter which way you cut it.

I know we and others are not going to agree; however, I find it funny that Christians are mocked for their ‘blind faith’ yet evolution and the Big Bang requires just as much, if not more ‘blind faith’ as it is nothing more than a set of theories based on assumptions.

As for me I can’t help but see a clear and distinct intelligent design behind the complexities of life - the way the body works, animals, ecosystems, the sun and moon placed just at the precise distance from the earth in order to sustain life to control tides etc etc - it is far more logical to see the design of this (and therefore if there is a design there must be a designer), than the alternative - that everything we have today was a result of a big explosion that came from nothing and magically produced all the planets, stars, sun, etc and that some single cell organism was also magically created and then by its own will miraculously transitioned into every form of species we have today. Blind faith indeed.

I promise I will leave it here, as I respect that everyone will have their own view and I cannot force nor would I want to force people to believe mine; however, there is a lot of mocking of Christianity that goes on in this site, but I wonder how deeply people have analysed the legitimacy of their own beliefs.

So...Docker-Clay to get a crack in the 9 or what?
A couple of counter points for you.
I think a big misconception of religious people about science and scientific theory is that it aims to replace and even disprove the idea of a God. Theories aim to explain the observable world and universe around us, they do not claim to be correct but rather the best model available to explain things. They are continuously challenged and improved upon when new information becomes available.
As both an atheist and a Scientist I believe the big bang theory goes a long way to explain the conditions that existed in the early stage of the universe in its current state. I do not insist that this is truth or that explains the origin of the universe. What's more I have never heard anyone argue a stance on gay marriage based on the theory.
As an atheist I do not dispute the possibility of a God. I simply argue that there is no evidence to support the idea that one exists.

On the subject of the world being designed; do you think your explanation is the only plausible solution?

I have, you are welcome to join me here on the General forum - although I'm yet to have anyone actually put up a rational argument for belief in at least 99% of the available sky fairies.
Your just a monkey mate isnt that what you believe? Say hi to your relatives for me next time you goto the zoo. Stupid clown. Tell us about the THEORY of gravity or your rubbish big bang THEORY? Your belief system is the biggest joke of all.... sky fairies ay.... you pathetic clown

Your just a monkey mate isnt that what you believe? Say hi to your relatives for me next time you goto the zoo. Stupid clown. Tell us about the THEORY of gravity or your rubbish big bang THEORY? Your belief system is the biggest joke of all.... sky fairies ay.... you pathetic clown
What belief system is that?
Is it the one where I think you have the intelligence of a 7 year old? Because I have extensive evidence to back that up :)

Last edited:
One of our friendly counselors gave him
A do-nut... and told him to
Stick closer to church-oriented social activities.
- The Central Scrutinizer

****ing religion ( sorry if that offends anyone) but all I see from that **** is wars , pedo’s and crazy mixed up ****ers!!

My only religious belief is that I choose to live by the rules known as the 10 commandments.

Stick to those and you’ll be a good person BUT I don’t need to pay 10% of my salary to fat cat proclaimers to tell me to do so.

*ing religion ( sorry if that offends anyone) but all I see from that * is wars , pedo’s and crazy mixed up ****ers!!

My only religious belief is that I choose to live by the rules known as the 10 commandments.

Stick to those and you’ll be a good person BUT I don’t need to pay 10% of my salary to fat cat proclaimers to tell me to do so.

You keep the 10 commandments are you'll be sweet eh?

For your information.

If you kept the 10 commandments, by that you must be keeping the seventh day sabbath, and by that, you must be keeping it holy, and by that, you must be obeying all the rules attached to the sabbath day commandment. By the way, circumcision is the entry into Judiaism, and therefore the sabbath is then to be observed, thus fulfilling the sabbath commandment.
The sabbath you claim to keep, in keeping the full 10 commandments, is a memorial of Israel's slavery Egyptian rule and God's delivering them from it (Deuteronomy 5:15) If you are jewish, then got for it.....keep the sabbath, but if you are not jewish.....the sabbath doesn't even apply to you. The sabbath is not commandment for christians in the new testament/ under the new covenant.

The 10% tithe is an old testament teaching not the new testament teaching. The new covenant is the era christians are in. There is not one single teaching in the new testament about a giving "tenth of what you earn". This is a common misconception with the new testament and christianity.

Those who have started and fought in wars in the name of God have no real understanding of christianity. Jesus told his followers to love their enemies. Christians have done many great things in society, build hospitals, schools, they care for the elderly, homeless and disadvantaged. I could go on, but some people choose to see only the negative. Any christian who claim is a follower of Christ and is also a pedo is not a christian and need to the full weight of law upon them....not matter who they are.
I guess some people will come up with any excuse to deny the goodness of God.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4