omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would love to see every openly gay and proudly atheist person in Australia donate to Izzy and clearly state that on their donation pledge, and also state that they have no intention of repenting. Let's see how he deals with the conflict of accepting money from those willingly and unapologetically "living in sin" as he calls it. My bet is that he'd take the cash without blinking an eye.

Does anyone know what made Israel change from being a Mormon to a Pentecostal Christian ?? What assurances has he given to his church going congregation that he won't have a similar change of heart in the future - other than his word, which has already proven to be not worth much when it comes to his choice of religious beliefs.
I would prefer Folau and Ian Roberts locked in a cage to discuss Folau's views on gay people

It would be Roberts Garry Jack moment again

Folau's most offensive comment so far is that he said that he is in the fight of his life Does he have cancer? No Does he have a disease and cannot afford a life saving operation? No

He should do the right thing and donate his go fund me money to people who actually need it to survive

I reckon the religious zealots are doing a really good job of conflating separate issues...
Izzy posts his rant as an employee of RA - Result: Dismissed as an employee of RA
Izzy posts a similar rant today - Result: Bunch of media make an issue of it and 2 days later the world moves onto another subject...
There is NO impact on free speech here but employees are expected to reflect the values of the employer just as it always was...

The part I find hilarious is that Church schools made such a commotion about needing to retain their right to dismiss individuals that dont reflect church values... lucky "though shalt not be hypocritical" wasn't chiseled into that stone tablet eh?
This really is a media issue more than anything. It's easy to build a story up by provoking outrage and irrational debate. Presenting and discussing things rationality wouldn't generate anywhere near the number of views and ending a story with anything other than "it's still up for debate" would lose you a portion of your viewers even if there was a clear and logical answer.
Many want to blame social media along with one side of the political divide for the current outrage culture but it is much bigger than that. The traditional mainstream media has always existed this way it's just that everyone wants their voice heard today - because it can be. Of course, when everyone just shouts as load as they can no one can hear or learn anything.

Last edited:
I would prefer Folau and Ian Roberts locked in a cage to discuss Folau's views on gay people

It would be Roberts Garry Jack moment again

Folau's most offensive comment so far is that he said that he is in the fight of his life Does he have cancer? No Does he have a disease and cannot afford a life saving operation? No

He should do the right thing and donate his go fund me money to people who actually need it to survive

Your homework will be to construct a one page essay covering the difference between the statement "fight for his life' and "fight of his life" ......

2377c4fbd7df64bcc4efb07fd8544d60

"Despite being a multi-millionaire with a $6million property portfolio, he asked regular Australians to pay $3million for his legal fees via a GoFundMe campaign.

After being live for six days, the controversial campaign was removed on Monday and the page only read 'Campaign Not Found'.

A GoFundMe spokeswoman confirmed the page was taken down because it violated its terms and said donations will be refunded.

'While we welcome GoFundMes engaging in diverse civil debate, we do not tolerate the promotion of discrimination or exclusion', she said in a statement

:devil: The Devil is busy Izzy :rofl:

Last edited:
I reckon the religious zealots are doing a really good job of conflating separate issues...
Izzy posts his rant as an employee of RA - Result: Dismissed as an employee of RA
Izzy posts a similar rant today - Result: Bunch of media make an issue of it and 2 days later the world moves onto another subject...
There is NO impact on free speech here but employees are expected to reflect the values of the employer just as it always was...

The part I find hilarious is that Church schools made such a commotion about needing to retain their right to dismiss individuals that dont reflect church values... lucky "though shalt not be hypocritical" wasn't chiseled into that stone tablet eh?

He wasn't on the field when he made those comments therefore it's got nothing to do with his employer.

He wasn't on the field when he made those comments therefore it's got nothing to do with his employer.

He was using the huge social media following he has, purely due to his sporting career, to propagate beliefs at odds with his employer’s code of conduct.

I don’t even have a social media following to speak of (family and friends, that’s it), but you can bet your arse if I posted bigoted material, at odds with my employer’s code of conduct, and in violation of the social media policy I’ve received training on, they could sack me too. And whether I posted such material at work, while wearing uniform, yada yada...would have absolutely zero bearing.

He was using the huge social media following he has, purely due to his sporting career, to propagate beliefs at odds with his employer’s code of conduct.

I don’t even have a social media following to speak of (family and friends, that’s it), but you can bet your arse if I posted bigoted material, at odds with my employer’s code of conduct, and in violation of the social media policy I’ve received training on, they could sack me too. And whether I posted such material at work, while wearing uniform, yada yada...would have absolutely zero bearing.
Sounds like you should get yourself a religion then...to protect your right to spam others with your precious opinions. ;)
Also it's safer to have a 2000+ year old institution tell you what respect and the right thing to do is (even if that institution didn't really respect you in the past) than using these modern ideas about equality and respect for all. Or even, (God help us!) simply being nice to others and treating them as you would want to be treated (i.e with respect, kindness and understanding)!

God help us, simply being nice to others and treating them as you would want to be treated (i.e with respect)!

.. and this is the heart of the matter ..... I am certain that in folau's brainwashed mind .... he is showing his love and concern for these sinners .... the Atheists, the drunks, the fornicaters and homosexuals et al ... by calling on them to repent and recieve God's grace .... he and the church will genuinely argue that it is not their intention to mistreat these people ... but to save them ....

And there is not an arguement on this planet that will dissuade them from that belief or higher goal ......

As an employee he can be sacked for public comments that do not align with corporate values... it is exactly the same for a teacher employed by a catholic school btw...

However Izzy the reformed alcoholic and womanizer is now free to slag off whoever's he likes - 'in the spirit of love' of course...

.. and this is the heart of the matter ..... I am certain that in folau's brainwashed mind .... he is showing his love and concern for these sinners .... the Atheists, the drunks, the fornicaters and homosexuals et al ... by calling on them to repent and recieve God's grace .... he and the church will genuinely argue that it is not their intention to mistreat these people ... but to save them ....

And there is not an arguement on this planet that will dissuade them from that belief or higher goal ......
I agree no one will change the minds of those who claim to know more of the grand designs of the universe than the rest of us*. But his actions and original post were not respectful, regardless of how you consider them. And I do not believe that his call that others would be sent to hell if they don't fall into line would have been acceptable in the eyes of his chosen savior. I only have a limited understanding of the teachings of Jesus, but didn't he die for all of huminity's sins and act to comfort and help those who were oppressed and cast out by the ruling class of the time?
*most physicists would only claim to know the tiniest amount more than the average person when considering the amount that is unknown from a scientific perspective

I agree no one will change the minds of those who claim to know more of the grand designs of the universe than the rest of us*. But his actions and original post were not respectful, regardless of how you consider them. And I do not believe that his call that others would be sent to hell if they don't fall into line would have been acceptable in the eyes of his chosen savior. I only have a limited understanding of the teachings of Jesus, but didn't he die for all of huminity's sins and act to comfort and help those who were oppressed and cast out by the ruling class of the time?
*most physicists would only claim to know the tiniest amount more than the average person when considering the amount that is unknown from a scientific perspective
Jesus gets blamed for a lot of crap that isn't directly attributable to him...

the crap bits of the new testament that zealots rely on in relation to homosexuals are pretty much solely attributable to an 'apostle' named Paul... the guy wasn't one of the original 12 apostles that Jesus revealed himself to post-resurrection but reckoned he was an apostle that met and spoke directly to Jesus on a dark-desert highway (convenient) 30 odd years later... seriously, the bloke would be locked up and monitored these days but olde world priests and powerhouses were right into that prophecy cr*p - it was good for keeping the plebs in line and justifying your sh*tty actions (actually maybe not a lot has changed)...

personally I like the old testament better than the new testament - it's got all the meaty bits that were conveniently edited out in the re-do...

Jesus gets blamed for a lot of crap that isn't directly attributable to him...

the crap bits of the new testament that zealots rely on in relation to homosexuals are pretty much solely attributable to an 'apostle' named Paul... the guy wasn't one of the original 12 apostles that Jesus revealed himself to post-resurrection but reckoned he was an apostle that met and spoke directly to Jesus on a dark-desert highway (convenient) 30 odd years later... seriously, the bloke would be locked up and monitored these days but olde world priests and powerhouses were right into that prophecy cr*p - it was good for keeping the plebs in line and justifying your sh*tty actions (actually maybe not a lot has changed)...

personally I like the old testament better than the new testament - it's got all the meaty bits that were conveniently edited out in the re-do...
Correct. The new testament is a mutant load of garbage that's been rewritten throughout time to suit the Church's agenda. Most of Christmas is stuff done a long time ago to appease the pagans. Easter likewise is timed to coincide with spring crops and more paganism. It's pretty much all bull**** other than a few of the commandments which are good rules to live by...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10