omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The fact that this even a thread is embarrassing. Did you not listen to Ian Roberts being interviewed.

Also, I notice certain Manly players liking his post. Whoever our CEO is this week has just received a very strongly worded email from myself on this. The players must be aware of the ramifications of social media use.

I hope in your email you also hammered anybody that disagreed with his post .... is your issue no player should state their view on any issue ... or do you simply wish to silence those that have a different opionion to you ..

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Isn't Izzy asking people who are idolaters to give to his fund? So people who won't go to heaven? Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but Twitter, Instagram etc, all have people follow you. People who "idolise" you. Therefore some of the very people he is stating have no place in the kingdom of God are the same people he wants to fund his legal process. Makes him a bit of a swindler in my books too, and an utter, utter hypocrite.

Isn't Izzy asking people who are idolaters to give to his fund? So people who won't go to heaven? Cause, correct me if I'm wrong, but Twitter, Instagram etc, all have people follow you. People who "idolise" you. Therefore some of the very people he is stating have no place in the kingdom of God are the same people he wants to fund his legal process. Makes him a bit of a swindler in my books too, and an utter, utter hypocrite.
You misunderstand his motives. He’s doing it for the good of the money. The money is moving from the hands of sinners into the hands of one of the righteous (him). It’s what God wants.

Your post, and the media chose to ignore the bigger more contraversal issue in my opinion .......

The logical conclusion to your point is that a court rules that qouting the bible is hate speech .......if so ... where does that end for the Koran and the Torah .....

Whilsy many things in these "Holy" books are deplorable .... is a court ready to decide what parts are OK and what parts are outlawed .... do we now censor all future printings of religous texts ?

And I am speaking in a pragmatic sense .......

No not ignored. That’s the whole point - all our so-called rights and freedoms - to free speech, to religious expression - and our civil liberties in general do exist, but only while the bourgeois state allows them to.
Anyone remember the right to strike? Under international law it’s a fundamental human right, but not in this country these days!

No not ignored. That’s the whole point - all our so-called rights and freedoms - to free speech, to religious expression - and our civil liberties in general do exist, but only while the bourgeois state allows them to.
Anyone remember the right to strike? Under international law it’s a fundamental human right, but not in this country these days!

I get that point ... but it remains that what is being called "offensive" free speech remains qoutations from the bible .... for those texts to be considered hate speech must .. not only bring the speaker to account ... but surely the origin of the text ....

It would only seem a logical next step to me to send the Pope and other religous leaders an email saying parts of your Holy Books are banned ...

I get that point ... but it remains that what is being called "offensive" free speech remains qoutations from the bible .... for those texts to be considered hate speech must .. not only bring the speaker to account ... but surely the origin of the text ....

It would only seem a logical next step to me to send the Pope and other religous leaders an email saying parts of your Holy Books are banned ...
But that's the thing, he didn't quote the Bible. It was a reinterpretation, with far stronger (and more hateful) language than the original text.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/5d99538df841c0a98212bf1a186e3f65

Let’s throw some petrol on the flames. It beats me why the Catholic Church isn’t condemned as a criminal organisation.

Yes, it is quite interesting, I have no idea how it will unfold. Even though we are notionally a secular country there has been a strong Christian identity for the past couple of hundred years, we open parliament FFS with 'Almighty God, we humbly beseech Thee to vouchsafe Thy special blessing upon this Parliament etc '
Not to mention our Queen being head of her own church. And most ministers still sworn in by taking an oath on the bible.

So yes quite interesting to see the dominant ideology starting to dissociate itself from some of the more obvious contradictions of Christianity. (Also prosecuting and jailing top church figures for their crimes probably wouldn't have occurred in the past!!)

Let’s throw some petrol on the flames. It beats me why the Catholic Church isn’t condemned as a criminal organisation.

Let's throw in Scientology, the Koran and Muslim states that execute homosexuals,, Russia and a host of others ....

By the way ... I strongly disagree with Folau's stance .... and @MuzztheEagle ... I haven't actually read the Bible, but the head of some Australian Christian organisation did say on the news the other night that Izzy's views did reflect the teachings and believes of the Church ....

My only point is that if Folau .. the messenger is to be shot ... surely the person that wrote the message is also accountable .... just want to see all the pichfork weilders grow a pair and attack the elephant in the room rather than conveniently ignore it ..

Or at least made to pay tax

They should only get a tax break on monies shown to have been spent on genuine charitable causes such as orphanages, hospitals and aid to the poor ... money spend on bling for the church should be taxable ...

Problem for Izzy is that his meme is not from the Bible ( Corinthians 6: 9-10) and in fact contradicts the sentiment of Jesus dying for our sins and the grace of God etc :angel:

I'm working under the assumption that the Prodigal Son parable is true - fck up then go home for the big welcome party :D

Wow this guy has come up with more money than the rugby union board has.Such a boring game how many supporters actually go to a waratahs game these days.

... how many supporters actually go to a waratahs game these days.

About 11-12k a match, depending on opponent. Can hear a pin drop.

If AFL wanted to witness a quiet crowd they could take a leaf out of the Tahs book. The formula is simple ...

1) Ignore all rugby except that is being played at a small handful of elite schools. Do not, under any circumstances, show ANY interest outside this small cadre of elites.

2) Ensure the administration is made up of ex players and NOT capable professionals.

3) Decline free to air broadcast and use pay per view ONLY (this one's important).

4) When any local talent arises be sure to replace that player with an islander.

Do the above and you are pretty much assured the game will only be watched by a small pockets of Sydney (East, Northshore, Northern beaches).

The crowd at Waratahs games are basically identical to the SGC members area. Very quiet and law abiding. Almost no need for security.

Would love to see every openly gay and proudly atheist person in Australia donate to Izzy and clearly state that on their donation pledge, and also state that they have no intention of repenting. Let's see how he deals with the conflict of accepting money from those willingly and unapologetically "living in sin" as he calls it. My bet is that he'd take the cash without blinking an eye.

Does anyone know what made Israel change from being a Mormon to a Pentecostal Christian ?? What assurances has he given to his church going congregation that he won't have a similar change of heart in the future - other than his word, which has already proven to be not worth much when it comes to his choice of religious beliefs.

Let's throw in Scientology, the Koran and Muslim states that execute homosexuals,, Russia and a host of others ....

By the way ... I strongly disagree with Folau's stance .... and @MuzztheEagle ... I haven't actually read the Bible, but the head of some Australian Christian organisation did say on the news the other night that Izzy's views did reflect the teachings and believes of the Church ....

My only point is that if Folau .. the messenger is to be shot ... surely the person that wrote the message is also accountable .... just want to see all the pichfork weilders grow a pair and attack the elephant in the room rather than conveniently ignore it ..
I reckon the religious zealots are doing a really good job of conflating separate issues...
Izzy posts his rant as an employee of RA - Result: Dismissed as an employee of RA
Izzy posts a similar rant today - Result: Bunch of media make an issue of it and 2 days later the world moves onto another subject...
There is NO impact on free speech here but employees are expected to reflect the values of the employer just as it always was...

The part I find hilarious is that Church schools made such a commotion about needing to retain their right to dismiss individuals that dont reflect church values... lucky "though shalt not be hypocritical" wasn't chiseled into that stone tablet eh?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8