omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why is this issue so socially divisive? The issue as I understand it is that IF has posted that homosexuals will go to hell. in the 2016 census 47% of Australians did not identify as Christians so they couldn't care less if someone told them they would go to hell for whatever reason. So if he had said the world was flat, or that all male politicians had small penises, or that Aliens were walking among us would we really be concerned? I think he is wrong that is my opinion. Should his foolish view whether expressed or not justify his exclusion from earning an income and justifiably generate the hate that is being directed towards him and his wife. I don't believe so. In fact I think the hate campaign against him and his wife reflects poorly on Australian society and is shameful. Those that claim prejudice and discrimination are in fact guilty of the same behavior by attacking him and his wife in the media. We are in many ways a dysfunctional social group whose perceptions as to right, wrong and political correctness are distorted by our our personal preferences, agendas and beliefs at any given time.

Why is this issue so socially divisive? The issue as I understand it is that IF has posted that homosexuals will go to hell. in the 2016 census 47% of Australians did not identify as Christians so they couldn't care less if someone told them they would go to hell for whatever reason. So if he had said the world was flat, or that all male politicians had small penises, or that Aliens were walking among us would we really be concerned? I think he is wrong that is my opinion. Should his foolish view whether expressed or not justify his exclusion from earning an income and justifiably generate the hate that is being directed towards him and his wife. I don't believe so. In fact I think the hate campaign against him and his wife reflects poorly on Australian society and is shameful. Those that claim prejudice and discrimination are in fact guilty of the same behavior by attacking him and his wife in the media. We are in many ways a dysfunctional social group whose perceptions as to right, wrong and political correctness are distorted by our our personal preferences, agendas and beliefs at any given time.
Because, equal rights and treatment for homosexual people (and equality in general) is something that (the majority of) Australian society has been working towards for decades now. It wasn't that long ago that being gay was something to be ashamed of and it hurt and killed a lot of people (and still does). It's not the idea of going to an imaginary naughty corner - it's the idea that someone believes you are a LESSER person than them that deserves to and that is a very dangerous idea. Atheists and those of different faiths may have suffered discrimination in the past but this was a long time ago in comparision - As an Atheist, I have never been discriminated against in my lifetime - at least not openly. (On a personal note - I have been bashed because someone thought I was gay!!)
An organisation that is committed to improving the well-being of all of society such as RA would not want to be associated with an employee that ACTIVELY promotes the idea that homosexual's are lesser humans, nor would any other company which has a large and diverse customer base.
As I've mentioned previously, no-one has removed Folau's right to say or think anything. And yes, if anyone wants to do that then we can argue the free speech thing. But the case itself is about the fact that an employee openly spoke against the values of his employer and damaged the image that the organisation is trying to present to their customers. I think that the idea that Folau is being censored told what to think is somewhat over the top - yes people have taken this to far and no-one should be condemning the guy based on his opinions, but that is different to the legal case where; his employer asked him to meet his requirements as an employee, he ignored that request and was sacked.

Last edited:
Atheists and those of different faiths may have suffered discrimination in the past but this was a long time ago in comparision

That is an interesting point ... and time is relative ... but it reminds me that it wasn't that long ago ... 60's and 70's that Qantas themselves were embroiled in controversy over not employing Catholics ... they argued it was not policy but very few if any made the grade .... Also in living memory is the battle of Catholics and Fremasons for control of Australian Cricket ....

Not making any point really ... just musing ..

If IF wins will we see Koran is verses asking for infidel beheadings? Or will that Mageid chick allowed back in Australia?

That is an interesting point ... and time is relative ... but it reminds me that it wasn't that long ago ... 60's and 70's that Qantas themselves were embroiled in controversy over not employing Catholics ... they argued it was not policy but very few if any made the grade .... Also in living memory is the battle of Catholics and Fremasons for control of Australian Cricket ....

Not making any point really ... just musing ..
Plenty of discrimination still takes place in Scotland as well, although this is put down to which football team you support (Celtic/Rangers, Hearts/Hibs). Although it's often a bad idea to wear a football jersey anywhere other than a football game in parts of Europe.
After resigning from a place of employment recently, a superior mentioned that he was happy with the replacement I had helped secure, as he was a "good Christian". I bit my tongue rather than asking him what the F that has to do with anything.

Believers of God, jesus, Mohammed, Budda, flat earthers, anti vaxers and the rest [edited by mod, personal abuse]

If in this day and age of enlightenment ( and I say that toung In cheek as it seems the more indisputable information we as a species have the more stupid we become) you can hand on heart stand up and still believe then there is no hope for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believers of God, jesus, Mohammed, Budda, flat earthers, anti vaxers and the rest of the asylum gold card holders are just ****ing idiots of the highest order.

If in this day and age of enlightenment ( and I say that toung In cheek as it seems the more indisputable information we as a species have the more stupid we become) you can hand on heart stand up and still believe then there is no hope for you.
Even those who do "believe" have doubts. If not they would happily die at the soonest opportunity to get into the eternal heaven with god and whatever is meant to be up there, but they don't. Why? Because they have their doubts. If heaven is the best thing you will ever experience why postpone it?

Just ask Craig....

Believers of God, jesus, Mohammed, Budda, flat earthers, anti vaxers and the rest of the asylum gold card holders are just ****ing idiots of the highest order.

I agree with most of that But the highest rate of antvaxers live in the manly/ mosman area, go figure

Banned for life from 2 rugby codes for quoting the Bible....let that sink in for a minute fellow australians regardless of your belief
If he had simply quoted the bible nothing would have happened - he posted an offensive meme that was loosely based on scripture. Try getting that to sink in....
He was also warned and had the opportunity to remove or edit it but he chose to fight instead. And he hasn't been banned, he was sacked from his current employer and will find it difficult to gain a contract with another.

There's even less hope for you if it's not true. 70 - 100 years goes quick and dying earlier is meaningless too.

If he had simply quoted the bible nothing would have happened - he posted an offensive meme that was loosely based on scripture. Try getting that to sink in....
He was also warned and had the opportunity to remove or edit it but he chose to fight instead. And he hasn't been banned, he was sacked from his current employer and will find it difficult to gain a contract with another.

On a lighter note, what "book" does he have to put his right hand when this goes to the supreme court? hope he at least winks at the judge at this point

Even those who do "believe" have doubts. If not they would happily die at the soonest opportunity to get into the eternal heaven with god and whatever is meant to be up there, but they don't. Why? Because they have their doubts. If heaven is the best thing you will ever experience why postpone it?

Just ask Craig....
Ah maybe because people want to live as they have family good lives etc not that hard to figure out at all really

If IF wins will we see Koran is verses asking for infidel beheadings? Or will that Mageid chick allowed back in Australia?
The entire 9th chapter is about war and jihad against non muslims. The only way muhammadens are promised heaven is if they kill an unbeliever. Its a comic book made up by a mentally ill charlatan and devil worshipper.

Alot of you are mocking Christianity.. ill say this, without Christians you would all be under islamic rule and you would not possess the freedoms you have now. You'd all have beards down to your knees you'd have no beer :( all the women would be dressed in black potatoe sacks.
No music
No art
No singing
No dancing
No gays
No womans rights
No freedom of speech
No freedom of religion
Child marriage :(
Definitely no Manly :(
We'd all be riding donkeys and drinking camel urine so maybe show some gratitude for the Christians who died for all of you fighting pure evil so you can have your freedoms today.

Who did the Anzacs fight again?

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8